It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Six Good Eating Habits That Will Help Prevent Cancer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

While you`re busy stuffing yourselves and the turkey, make sure we give thanks to those who gave us our diet that is proven to kill us- our ancestors. The diet we acquired is proven to be detrimental to our health but we continue to pump that crap into us. (crap goes in crap comes out). But fear no more, for there is a cure to this absence of thought from the past, we now have Dr. Mercola and his-

Six Good Eating Habits That Will Help Prevent Cancer

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... ancer.aspx

Quote:
The American Institute for Cancer Research has released a 517-page report detailing the CONVENTIONAL medical view of what your main risk factors for developing cancer, and what you can do to reduce your risk.

Among their findings -- after reviewing more than 7,000 large-scale studies over the course of five years -- the Institute is now convinced that excess body weight increases your risk for the following types of cancer:
Colon
Kidney
Pancreas
Esophagus
Uterus, and breast cancer in post-menopausal women

The report also found that there are certain lifestyle changes that will reduce your risk of getting cancer:

1 )Be as lean as possible within the normal range of body weight
2 )Be physically active as part of everyday life
3 )Limit consumption of "energy-dense foods," foods that are high in calories, fat and sugar. Avoid sugary drinks
4 )Eat mostly foods of plant origin, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans
5 )Limit intake of red meat and avoid ALL processed meat
6 )Limit alcoholic drinks to one per day for women, two per day for men
7 )Limit consumption of salt. Avoid moldy grains or legumes
8 )Aim to meet nutritional needs through diet alone, without dietary supplement
So go ahead and stuff yourself as full as the turkey and then as you lie on the couch recovering from the toxins you`ve inundated your system with and think about a resolution you can keep- Think `No more thanksgivings`- from now on it`s food that is medicine to my body.

And that`s a resolution worth keeping- for in time- it pays off.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:09 pm 

Due to a recent diagnosis of Type II Diabetes, I have made some radical changes to my diet. Research has shown that this diet may reverse the diabetes but at this point, that would only be an added benefit. I have lost over 40 pounds and have been able to cut my diabetes medication in half while maintaining a more stable blood glucose level. I feel better physically than I can remember. The diet while simple is a challenge to maintain: low fat Vegan. This means no animal protein or fat of any kind. The theory is that animal proteins block the body's ability to process sugar and utilize insulin. I am in the process of finding a new doctor to aid me since my last one refused to supervise a fast I was attempting for the "Bring the Troops Home Fast" group. His politics were of the sheeple variety.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:29 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

APL- that is really too bad, but leaving meat behind is not something to worry about. You can get all the nutrition you need without it. The only thing is salads and vegetables are your favorite/most common meal. I guess fruit is out of the question, but how about asking your Dr about fish.

Fish now is highly polluted, so pick leaner smaller younger fish that hasn't been toxified as much. If that doesn't work try Antarctic Krill Oil to bolster your omega 3 levels. This from The same site-
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... -food.aspx

Newest Thoughts on Brain Food
Quote:
While numerous studies exist showing diets high in omega-3 fats lower your risk of dementia, these newer studies looked at the benefits of omega-3 fats among healthy people, with the hope that they would prevent progression to dementia.

More than 5 million Americans have some form of Alzheimer’s disease, and just as many suffer from vascular dementia, so preventing and slowing the progression of neurodegenerative disorders is a public health imperative.

The studies found:

A diet high in fish and fish products is associated with better cognitive performance
Higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids were associated with less decline in the speed-related cognitive domains
It often takes decades for dementia to develop and brain volume to shrink. These studies of the benefits of omega-3 fats on brain function offer an opportunity for early intervention to maintain your brain function and slow progression to dementia.

I think it would be worth your while to add fish or the oil to your diet, of course if your doctor approves.

Good luck and stay away from sugar, especially pop. Especially stay away from products with sodium benzoate as a preservative as well! Bad stuff.

And don't chew sugarless gums. Pure Poison!

the choice chooses them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:28 pm 

Fish is included in the animal proteins. The elimination of the animal products allows the body to use its own insulin in a much more efficient manner. Fruits are now included in the diet and encouraged. Complex carbohydrates are also encouraged. It is the empty calories of refined sugar that must be limited. Now that I have been on this regime for about three months, I find my energy levels to be high and my resistance to disease increased. I have lost the desire for meat and if the experience of the doctors is correct, eating meat now would cause an almost allergic reaction. So for the time being I go by the old engineer's adage: If ain't broke, don't fix it.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

On edit:

Vegatable sources of Omega-3

So how does current government advice that “we” should try to eat at least two servings of fish a week, including one serving of oily fish, as part of a healthy balanced diet translate into dietary advice for vegetarians? And what should you do if your GP suggests fish oils for creaking joints or to thin your blood? Well, the first thing to remember is that the vegetarian diet is widely recognised as being protective against heart disease, the main ailment that the advice is aimed at, so vegetarians have a head start already, and of course the general population don’t exactly eat much oily fish, or indeed offal, the other “good” source of omega 3 fats. . .

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Oooh, that would be offal wouldn't it!

I agree with your assessment of the government- they are bought and sold by the meat industry and subsidize their productions of meat, veal and milk to the extent that if we were to pay for the full price, we couldn't afford to eat it. That is true of most agriculture as well. Good use for our tax dollars, especially if you're a vegetarian. :roll:

Also the high instance of drugs and steroids can have an adverse affect on us, perhaps a source of our allergies to dairy and meat products. then as stated, most fish is polluted and so stay away from the worst, like tuna and farmed fish. These are so polluted, they have to warn us about it.

I always say if vegetarianism is no good for you, then how come the largest animals on earth are vegetarians and this even holds true for the dinosaurs. Talk about time worn proof.

Good luck APL and enjoy feeling good again.

the choice chooses them