It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Babies, Kids and Parents Rally Against Toxic Baby Bottles.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

So we're worried about China poisoning our children right? What about what we do to baby bottles and a lot of our canned goods. We put Bisphenol A plastic on them to seal them better so foods don't get that metallic taste and it has a longer expiry date.

Meanwhile, it shows up in our baby bottles as well, and is injested in small quantities that the body can't dispose of, so of course it accumulates inside us. Think no one can stop them? Well lets hope that by being informed we can stop them from doing anything.

Quote:
Babies, Kids and Parents Rally Against Toxic Baby Bottles.

Babies, kids and their parents took over the front lawn of the Ontario legislature in November to rally against toxic chemicals in baby bottles and other kids’ products.

Carrying signs reading, “Don’t Pollute Me”,“Ban Toxics, Baby” and “Wah! Ban Toxics”, the little people called on the Ontario government to get rid of toxic chemicals.

And, it worked.

Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty met with some of the parents and their kids to hear their concerns. More importantly, he promised to appoint an expert panel to recommend how the government should deal with harmful chemicals in baby bottles and other consumer products. Bisphenol A, a chemical found in plastic baby bottles, sippy cups and the linings of tin cans, will be a priority for the expert panel.

Read Environmental Defence’s news release about the rally.

You can take action today!

(1) Sign Environmental Defence’s petition to ban bisphenol A in food and beverage containers in Canada.

(2) Get your daycare centre to stop using products with bisphenol A.

here's the article on the rally-
http://www.environmentaldefence.ca/pres ... php?id=254

Quote:
Toronto – At a rally at Queen’s Park in Toronto today, babies, kids, parents and daycare centres will call on the McGuinty government to protect children’s health from toxic chemicals found in plastic baby bottles and sippy cups and other products that surround kids everyday.

The rally features a live performance by the hit band Sho, Mo and the Monkey Bunch. Speakers include FITMOM founder Andrea Page, Greenmom founder Monique Fabregas, Environmental Defence Executive Director Dr. Rick Smith, and Dr. Pete Myers, CEO of Virginia-based Environmental Health Sciences and a leading expert on potential health effects of chemicals.

“As a mom, I’m concerned about the chemicals that surround my child everyday of her life. I want better laws that will get rid of the most harmful chemicals in products and in the environment,” says Monique Fabregas, founder of Greenmom.

One chemical, bisphenol A, is of particular concern to parents and daycare centres. Bisphenol A is found in hard plastic baby bottles and sippy cups, as well as the lining of some food cans. More than 130 peer-reviewed studies have associated bisphenol A with a variety of health problems (obesity, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, breast cancer and a wide range of developmental problems), often at surprisingly low levels of exposure.
Yes we really care about our children, don't we! But I guess the rights of the corporations to do as they please are a little above caring about children. This is why it's important to keep after these buggers because the will harm, lie, distract and decieve even babies without remorse.

What the hell is going on. Do they care about us at all?

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.