Which is worse?
methamphetamine 100%  100%  [ 8 ]
marijuana 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Meth Epidemic In Rural America
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This is not good... not good at all... but it could explain why so many right wing red staters are so strung out... is this their kool aid?

Quote:
AP/Chicago Tribune
[url=http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0507060210jul06,1,6115496.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true]Sheriffs say meth is drug fight No. 1

[/url]

Published July 6, 2005

EVANSVILLE, Ind. -- The crippling reach of methamphetamine abuse has become the nation's leading drug problem affecting local law-enforcement agencies, according to a survey of 500 sheriffs' departments in 45 states.

More than half the sheriffs interviewed for a National Association of Counties survey released Tuesday said they consider meth the worst problem facing their departments.

"We're finding out that this is bigger problem than we thought," said Larry Naake, executive director of the association. "Folks at the state and federal level need to know about this."

About 90 percent of those interviewed reported increases in meth-related arrests in their counties over the past three years, packing jails in the Midwest and elsewhere.

The arrests also have swamped other county-level agencies that assist with caring for children whose parents have become addicted.

The report comes soon after the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy restated its stance that marijuana remains the nation's most substantial drug problem. Federal estimates show there are 15 million marijuana users, compared with the 1 million who might use meth.

...snip

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject: Only in Amerika.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:51 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Speed kills. No one has died from a marijuana overdose. Which should be condemned to the chair? Thou shall not kill saith dullord.

Methamphetamine is 10 times more intense than cocaine and its physiological effects and psychotic inclinations are more akin to demon possession than anything a dope would do.

You don't eat for days on meth and the weed makes you hungry. It turns people into potential murderers who stay awake for days and pot usually puts you to sleep and makes you want to question authority.

Wait, what was that last thing? Hmm, maybe thats why they think meth is OK and pot is a threat! We need murderers, but we don't need pot-ential anarchists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

welcome back, DO.g... how was the vacation? I hope you didn't get way laid by any of those speed demons in the midwest...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:36 am 

Quote:
Hmm, maybe thats why they think meth is OK and pot is a threat! We need murderers, but we don't need pot-ential anarchists.

I think DO.g's has the answer!

Good to have you back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:18 pm 

The very notion of a plant being illegal is absurd.

Post subject: Thanks Stripey. Good to be back to my TVNL.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:05 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

BTW Stripey one, I left a note about the trip I took under accurate reporting , jon stewart. No, no speed demons in isolated underpopulated rural Canada,(plenty of churches AND liquor stores though) until we returned to the more urban areas, where we saw many people risking theirs and other peoples lives on some of our mountain switchbacks, passing slow moving trucks on corners, two yellow lines, in their haste to get back to their speed. People are so impatient that they're willing to endanger others lives for their privileges, as they deem their rights and freedoms. Speed truly does kill. Slow down and smell the fresh air. Lots of that still on my island home. Couldn't wait to get back, especially to all you grrrrrreat people.