It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Poison in the water you drink, and the food you eat.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:00 pm 
Involved
Involved

Here are some very informing links,
:arrow: Dangers of Flouride in Water
:arrow: Parents of Fluoride Poisoned Children (PFPC), The Fluoride Education Project
:arrow: National Pure Water Association - Flouride links
:arrow: Aspartame (NutraSweet) Toxicity Info Center

NOTE: Along the same vein, since fluoride is a poisonous by-product of aluminum, it's important to know the dangers of aluminum, too. Most every under-arm deodorant contains aluminum. Rubbing or spraying on the very thin and soft under-arm skin allows it to be easily absorbed into the body. Autopsies on Alzheimers victims have repeatedly shown high concentrations of aluminum in the brain tissue. You can find deodorants at your local health-food store that do NOT contain aluminum.

Cooking with aluminum is dangerous because the aluminum sluffs off into the food, and is again absorbed into the system. It is said that the aluminum leaching into the food changes the molecular structure of the food (like microwave ovens do).

Drinking or eating from food or soda, etc. canned in aluminum should also be avoided. Glass bottles are best. It appears that the aluminum we ingest or absorb via the skin is retained just as the fluoride is retained.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

One of the things that was done at my old school each Wednesday was the "Swishing" program. Each child was given a small paper cup of a blue solution that was supposed to help protect their teeth from decay. They'd swish it around in their mouths for a minute, and then spit it back into the cups...

I never did approve of the program but if the parent gave permission for the child to "swish," I had to give that child the paper cup of solution.

One parent had raised a hue and cry about it, saying the solution, while helpful in preventing tooth decay, was still a derivative of aluminum, and more harmful than good.

I agreed with her, but my opinion did not count if the parent gave permission....Sometimes I'd "forget" to do the swishing...just to be rebellious :D and the kids were always glad when I would. They hated the taste, and I sympathized with them a great deal!

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:33 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, hope it is though

Any opinions about Kevin Trudeau and his book "Things They Don't Want You To Know About" ? It's about the FDA and the drug companies. I don't have his book, just his info-mercial about it.

A Google search on him shows alot of bashing which proves to me the title of his book is right on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:32 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Quote:
Most every under-arm deodorant contains aluminum.

:shock: just out of curiosity, I handed my girlfriend her under-arm deodorant to check the ingredients as I checked the ingredients of mine.

gee gosh oh golly, not only does her's list Aluminum as first active ingredient, mine doesn't list it at all.

maybe that explains the word "most" in the quote above eh?