It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JESSE: FREE ALTERNATIVE TO MICROSOFT OFFICE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

JESSE, EDITOR OF TV NEWS LIES, OFFERS A FREE ALTERNATIVE TO MICROSOFT OFFICE:

Quote:
Many of us “computer geeks” have been complaining about Microsoft’s utter domination of the desktop computer world for years. We realize that there are better operating systems (Linux, MacOS & even OS/2 in the old days), better software solutions and more choices for consumers. But, the truth is Microsoft pretty much dominates the market.

Well while I was setting up a client’s Vista laptop I discovered two things; Vista is not ready for prime time and Microsoft Office is very expensive! After spending about $1800 on a new laptop my client was forced to buy the upgrade to MS office. He was going to have to shell out a few hundred bucks more just so he can write simple letters and read simple spreadsheets.

So I looked into Sun’s open source free office package and I’ll tell you, it is pretty impressive. It installed cleanly, had all the productivity applications and is FREE! Keeping in line with the theme of my website, informing people about information that is not common knowledge for one reason or another, I thought I would use today’s newsletter to let people know that there is indeed an alternative to MS office…and it’ FREE!

To my Mac Friends…yes, there is a Mac version as well as a Linux version.

You can download the package or order a CD on the Openoffice.org web site here: http://www.openoffice.org/ . I was not asked by anybody at this site to write about this. I just happen to be a 20 year computer professional who is asked about things like this all the time…and finally I found a solution to a common issue that can save a lot of people a lot of money!

So before you go and violate copy right licensing by getting bootlegged or cracked versions of MS software…try Open Office. See, there are good people doing good things out there. You just have to know where to find them! Think about it!

UPDATE: Someone recommended Abi Word for people who just need a word processor. You can read more about that here http://www.abisource.com/

http://www.tvnewslies.org/blog/

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman