It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6 Babies Born Almost 5 Months Premature!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Think of 6 babies (now five) that are born almost 5 months premature...what will their physical and mental conditions be if they survive?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/06/14/se ... index.html

Minnesota sextuplet dies, 5 siblings in critical condition

MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota (AP) -- A sextuplet born prematurely to a Minnesota couple has died, and his five siblings were in critical condition, hospital officials said Thursday.

Bennet Ryan Morrison died Wednesday night, and the other babies remained in critical condition Thursday at the neonatal intensive care unit at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis.

The Minnesota sextuplets, born Sunday, were one of two sets born within 10 hours of each other this week. In Arizona, Jenny and Brian Masche became parents to six babies on Monday. Doctors say it was a rare occurrence, but one that could become increasingly common as more couples seek artificial methods of conceiving babies.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:43 am 

Wow! we have millions of children without health care in America, and people roll the dice to bring six babies into the world at the same time?

Is there something wrong with this picture, or am I just getting to be a grouchy old lady...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:05 am 

Ok, let me add my own little cynical comment:

I noticed they mentioned their church and faith, um...if god wanted them to have 6 kids at once, wouldn't he have just let them get pregnant naturally?

I think its totally selfish and wrong when people do this. Most of the time the families are in no way in a financial situation where they can care for the kids (I mean, how much money would you have to make to take care of that many babies at one time $1M a year at least is my guess), so they farm the kids out to cheesy commericals and they take free diapers from pampers and all that shit, and their kids end up having everything on earth they need plus tons more, while at the same time completely normal people struggle just to give their one or two children anything. Its like we reward people for their freakish behavior and regular people are punished for not being freaks. Also, how on earth could you EVER give each child enough attention and bonding time? This isn't six children of staggering ages, this is 6 newborns, come on moms, do you remember how hard and overwhelming it was to take care of one baby, to bond with one baby, to nurture one baby...how is that humanly possible with 6 babies?

(Dori you are not a grouchy old lady!)

EDIT:
These people have their own web site and within the first fricken 3 paragraphs they already start talking about how we can help them (financially) and who to contact to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:36 pm 

Quote:
Its like we reward people for their freakish behavior and regular people are punished for not being freaks.

Ooooooo, what a great line! Couldn't be more true!

Btw, I am far more grouchy than I used to be. I chalk it up to living in a country run by the criminally insane, and a neighborhood of the willfully ignorant who back them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:18 pm 

I notice this topic has been read a lot but the three of us are the only to respond...do you think people are afraid to respond because its a touchy subject? Come on, I toned down my comment big time as to try and not be too inflammatory, other people must have an opinion...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I thought the same thing, dori and lefty..these kinds of people know what they're doing when they take those fertility drugs and HOPE, HOPE, HOPE to have at least FOUR...then the media will come a-knockin' along with the ENDORSEMENT offers! Imagine all of those baby product companies wanting the faces of these kids for adverts! I remember how it was with the McCoy brood....mix in a little religion and "faith talk" and it's a winning recipe for those who like to work the system. College scholarships will be offered (and accepted, I'm sure). Who knows what else!

Our earth cannot support this kind of reproductive practices, folks...if they want children so badly, why not simply adopt? Find out which one is infertile and go do a Mary Cheney. We're humans and should not whelp like canines.

Now, I've probably pissed some people off, but I really don't give a big happy hoot! :twisted:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:24 am 

Another 2 cents worth--why do the people who constantly tell those on the left to 'not play god', no matter what the situation, play god themselves and pride themselves on it? Fertility drugs ARE playing god.

We have so many children who need loving homes but no one is there to love them. And we have people who want to bring herds of children into the world at the same time--as was said, for the profit in it.

Sorry, does not compute to loving people...