It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: When heartburn becomes heart attack!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Doesn't matter what you do to solve your macro problem as it seems whenever we try to go against mother nature we end up doing something to the micro world and affect our inner selves.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/10/health/10drug.html

I had heartburn problems and was a prime candidate for these medications. But I discovered an ancient belief that it is food combining and drinking during eating that causes most of our digestive problems. When you combine foods that are starchy with proteins, they don't break down as well. When you add water or wine to the mix, it dilutes the acids in your stomach and alcohol helps to prevent food breakdown and absorption of nutrients. When you take an antacid, you are converting acids into water and thus doing the opposite of what nature intended. It may give you relief, but it changes the way your food is processed for the time it takes for elimination. We're such an instant gratification world!

The proper cure would be to drink vinegar but that is such an unpleasant thing that candy coated instant relief sounds, and feels much better. :roll:

If that works for you then join the millions who already have serious digestive problems and don't even know why. Just keep that pepto bismol handy and don't forget to laugh at their funny ads. :twisted:

ME? I'm sticking to my food combining and not drinking fluids 1/2 hour before and after eating. It's working and I have even learned that a smaller potatoe with a steak is OK as long as you eat salads with them.

There are 3 waterborne food groups in the world and 2 of them that help with digestion.

Can you name the 3 groups of waterborne foods and which 2 help with digesting a meal and which should you never eat with a meal, unless it is eaten alone? Why? :?:

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.