It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NYT: Bush Has Shredded Constitution Since 9/11
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FINALLY! THIS EDITORIAL SHOULD'VE BEEN WRITTEN YEARS AGO!

[url=http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/20071014_nyt_bush_has_shredded_the_constitution_since_9_11/]NYT: Bush Has Shredded Constitution Since 9/11
[/url]

In a scathing editorial on Sunday, The New York Times accused President Bush of playing on the nation’s post-9/11 fears in order to justify violating civil liberties and protecting big telecom companies implicated in his wiretapping scheme. The Bush camp “use[d] the nation’s tragedy to grab ever more power for its vision of an imperial presidency,” the Times editorial board charged

Quote:
The New York Times:

Mr. Bush says the law should give immunity to communications companies that gave data to the government over the last five years without a court order. He says they should not be punished for helping to protect America, but what Mr. Bush really wants is to avoid lawsuits that could uncover the extent of the illegal spying he authorized after 9/11.

It may be possible to shield these companies from liability, since the government lied to them about the legality of its requests. But the law should allow suits aimed at forcing disclosure of Mr. Bush’s actions. It should also require a full accounting to Congress of all surveillance conducted since 9/11. And it should have an expiration date, which the White House does not want.

Ever since 9/11, we have watched Republican lawmakers help Mr. Bush shred the Constitution in the name of fighting terrorism. We have seen Democrats acquiesce or retreat in fear. It is time for that to stop

[url=http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml]BUSH CALLS THE CONSTITUTION A "GODDAMNED PIECE OF PAPER!"

[/url]

DEAR PRESDIENT BUSH: ABOUT THAT GODDAMNED PIECE OF PAPER...

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:36 am 

Quote:
what Mr. Bush really wants is to avoid lawsuits that could uncover the extent of the illegal spying he authorized after 9/11.

Always look out for #1. Isn't that the R motto?

Just sent BUSH CALLS THE CONSTITUTION A "GODDAMNED PIECE OF PAPER!" and the answer to our local token Dem. I am sure he is familiar with it, but reviewing never hurts.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:13 pm 

Agreed the editorial should have been written years ago. Also of interest is the editorial bashing NY Senator CHuck "american Express Democrat" Schumer about a week ago.

The editorial actually made some good and obvious points. I was shocked. Then I had time for thought to catch up to my conditioning: doesn't the NYT and the established "liberal" media that enabled Bush just as much as the democrats... don't they also need to do some rehabilitating of THEIR MYTHOLOGY.

In other words these stronger NYT editorials come at a time when there is no opposition whatsoever... I mean structurally, not the population which hates Bush... to the Bush-Clinton right wing extremism. There is no danger of organized political opposition, so what better time to rehabilitate the Press image as a "liberal" cneter of influence. Never mind, of course, that these self-styled liberals are 100,000 light years to the right of Tricky Dick Nixon.

I WISH it was 1984! It would be like John Dewey compared to today.

Post subject: J Kennedy Assassination
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:22 am 
Hear Me Roar!

NH - I may be wrong, but I think John Kennedy was assassinated because he realized just how corrupt and dangerous the Federal Reserve was and he was going to do something about it.

I think he wanted to restore the gold standard that was made null and void in the 30's.

Correct me if I am wrong.

His assassination was an inside job because he was feared by the same goons we now have in charge of our country now.