It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What exactly was the government accomplishing after Katrina?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'll be the first to admit, actually I'm proud of it, that I am more than intrigued by research that digs beyond the facade that the 'mainstream media' generally paints.

You will look at Katrina differently if you study some of these findings:

http://www.freedom-force.org/freedomcon ... age=issues

I'm a big fan of G Edward Griffin though I have only read one of his blockbusters to date....The Creature From Jekyll Island. A decisive analysis on how private bankers wrested the control of the nations money supply away from our government and into their own hands.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yes purple, it was a success, just as Iraq was mission accomplished. They had an agenda and they pulled it off.

There were truck drivers that were transporting ice that had the royal run-around put on them also and never did get their ice to New Orleans, but beatneck(poster) was proud of sending some water to them in bottles. Meanwhile the aircraft carrier in the gulf had the ability to make water and provide close to 1000 beds and doctors, as well as Cuba offering doctors. The posse comitatis act prevented the ship from helping and the pride of American policy prevented them from humbling themselves to Cuba. They didn't need outside help- things were well in control. If it was the coast guard ship it could have landed. But they don't have too many aircraft carriers. :evil3: :dontknow:

The trailer thing was pretty funny too! :x

I remember we posted something here about how this was a practice for martial law implementation and noticed that the number of holding prisons were being built quickly. We speculated that they were there to pick up dissenters like you and me. Now that we've declared our anarchic idealism and they know who and where we are, it will be easy to fill these same internment camps with us for correction, especially in thought.

Stick around and find out how many predictions we can come up with that come true. Thanks for this article, which proves that we can see through their plots and plans even though we never know what they're thinking or what they're agenda really is.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Last edited by DO.g's on Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:06 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It's the plan.

The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism

The bestselling author of No Logo shows how the global “free market” has exploited crises and shock for three decades, from Chile to Iraq In her groundbreaking reporting over the past few years, Naomi Klein introduced the term “disaster capitalism.” Whether covering Baghdad after the U.S. occupation, Sri Lanka in the wake of the tsunami, or New Orleans post-Katrina, she witnessed something remarkably similar. People still reeling from catastrophe were being hit again, this time with economic “shock treatment,” losing their land and homes to rapid-fire corporate makeovers.The Shock Doctrine retells the story of the most dominant ideology of our time, Milton Friedman’s free market economic revolution. In contrast to the popular myth of this movement’s peaceful global victory, Klein shows how it has exploited moments of shock and extreme violence in order to implement its economic policies in so many parts of the world from Latin America and Eastern Europe to South Africa, Russia, and Iraq.At the core of disaster capitalism is the use of cataclysmic events to advance radical privatization combined with the privatization of the disaster response itself. Klein argues that by capitalizing on crises, created by nature or war, the disaster capitalism complex now exists as a booming new economy, and is the violent culmination of a radical economic project that has been incubating for fifty years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:23 am 

I have heard Naomi Klein on Randi Rhodes show and her take on this is riviting. That has to be one of the most informative books going--and that is saying a lot.

Didn't the federal government just cut off funds for housing for the people of Katrina?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Disaster capitalism is pretty old:
Austrian prince gets assassinated= WWI

Lusitania gets sunk= US involvement (Germany tried to place ads telling US citizens not to ride on a ship containing mega tonnage of military ware. Yet only one major paper placed the ad)

WWI ushers in Bolshevik Revolution and provides 'cover' for shipping Lenin and Trotsky back to Russia. Revolution overthrows fledging democracy that was modeling itself after our own and would have eventually competed with Wall Street capitalist interests. Revolution ushers in communism and allows Wall Street to control Russia's growth and militarization while providing impetus for Cold War that eventually succeeds in making pro-I******i interests attain absolute global control and domination.

Unchecked expansion of money supply followed by 24 hour recall of brokers call rate forced massive stock sell off that precipitated the Great Depression. Elite forces FDR into forcing all citizens to give up their gold reserves to central bankers who then sell it back to the government at over a 30% profit. The Great Depression becomes the greatest transfer of wealth ever. Fed Chairman Bernie Bernanke later apologizes for the Fed creating the Great Depression. Message? We can do it again.

World wide depression builds into WWII. Transfer of nuclear and airplave technology to Russia makes the Cold War plausible.

Contrived Gulf of Tonkin (we were the only ones shooting) leads to Vietnam War. 85% of Viet Cong weapons come from USSR and are funded by ..... you fill in blank.

9/11 leads to police state and provides excuse to crush Iraq and control oil fields. Also brings in Patriot Act which effectively rescinds American citizens of all of their rights if the government chooses to. A matter of time before a totalitarian executive branch uses the Patriot Act to enable full scale martial law. The ensuing culture of fear allows the establishment to move with unchecked powers.

Indian Ocean tsunami allows corporations to quickly snatch up vast tracts of beach front property for about nothing.

Katrina shoves out the poor and funds the rich and the super rich. An emerging trend of the past generation.

9/11 also leads to re organization of FEMA which appears to be preparing to round up disident citizens for behavioural re-programming in concentration camps. If not FEMA, there is always the worlds most powerful private mercenary army....Blackwater.

...just a start.

"Nothing happens by coincidence"
FDR

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson