It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:44 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
By golly, Bucky is still here with his garbage can mentality. How about that.

Must be boring in that little cage.....

The great American experience of democracy is ending and he is waving maps--wonder if he has one of those Perkins flags to remind himself he is A#1 American?

If everyone loves Bush so much, why does he have to have writers put Laura in a skit to try to shore up his image? Can't make it on his own.....

by golly dori ....are you so offended that another persons views are only garbage can mantality if that person dosen't agree with your opinion. so what makes your views the great american experience of democracy , is it because someone told you or do you just know best?
and whats wrong with laura being in a skit, is that unamerican for the first lady to participate in anything? i know quite a few of first lady's and first lady wanna be's who participated in skits. nevertheless your vote of confidence for me being the A#1 american in your eyes is greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
know quite a few of first lady's and first lady wanna be's who participated in skits.

Got a link?

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:23 am 
Deal With It!

dori wrote:
If everyone loves Bush so much, why does he have to have writers put Laura in a skit to try to shore up his image? Can't make it on his own.....

A better question would be why does Jorgito Arbusto need to screen his audiences? Or better yet why does he avoid unscripted news conferences?

Mr. Buckshot wrote:
by golly dori ....are you so offended that another persons views are only garbage can mantality if that person dosen't agree with your opinion. so what makes your views the great american experience of democracy , is it because someone told you or do you just know best?

I think that when you're uninformed you don't make informed judgments or decisions Mr. Buckshot. When you base your opinions on half truths at best or lies at worst what are your opinions based on? Faith? I suspect that many posters take exception when your opinions reflect tried and true GOP talking points and not some thought on your part.

Mr. Buckshot wrote:
and whats wrong with laura being in a skit, is that unamerican for the first lady to participate in anything? i know quite a few of first lady's and first lady wanna be's who participated in skits. nevertheless your vote of confidence for me being the A#1 american in your eyes is greatly appreciated.

I think that Dori really meant A#1 Murrkhan. Murrkhan has negative connotations. American is one thing, Murrkhan is a whole other ballgame. Hyper Jingoistic Nationalism is not Patriotic.

Like Catherine's pointed out here... I'd like to see the links. Somehow I can't picture Mamie Eisenhower, Jackie Kennedy, Lady Bird, Pat Nixon, Roselyn Carter, Nancy Reagan or even Hillary Clinton doing Lenny Bruce impersonations.

There's nothing wrong with Bubbles doing standup. What I see as hypocritical was her content and how the "press" fawned over her. That's pretty much what those journalists who don't wear elephant suits have pointed out.

Why hypocritical? To those of us who are not quaffing copious amounts of the GOP Kool-Aid it's blatantly obvious. Let me go over it for you.

Here's just one example.

When Bubbles makes crude allusions to questionable "adult" material it's all in good fun. When Whoopi Goldberg does it it's a scandal and Elephant Manure Peddlers call for Whoopi's head on a platter. You do remember the "Bush Bashing Joke" that made the rounds with the "conservative" talking heads, don't you?

This works on two levels.

Level One: Does Bubbles get a pass because she's the First Lady? Or is it because she's a GOP darling?

Level Two: Did Whoopi get reamed because she's "un-American" as she had the audacity to poke fun at a standing GOP pResident?

Notice how not once, (not once!) did I mention anti-abortion extremist Neal Horsley's foray into bestiality. Speaking of hypocrisy... but that's for another day.

Bucky, you'll always be our favorite Wing Nut. I don't mean that maliciously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:17 pm 

Seamus, thank you for taking the scenic route when talking with Bucky. I live surrounded by Buckys so really don't have the patience to do that. I hear all their drivel day in and day out.

These people live with the flag wrapped so tightly around them their eyes bulge. The Constitution means nothing, the flag everything. They ignore the teachings of Christ in order to mercilessly bash you with their Bibles, all quote's taken out of context. And they twist what they hear into what they want it to be, their little worlds can't bear to have any light come into them. Notice how Bucky said I voted for him as #1 when it is he who has done that?

People with arrested development have no idea how tiresome they are. The constant preening, the never ending demand that everyone look at them. the tantrums when they don't get their way. This is their life! This is what they live for! And it is beyond boring--it is stultifying.

Stultifying--to deprive of vitality and render futile especially by enfeebling or repressive influences. We invigorate the Buckys of the world, they think they can 'win' by wearing us down with nonsensical prattle. They stultify us by continuing that tired 'reasoning of the unreasonable', but they do it only if we allow them to.

As BoardNanny on the SmirkingChimp site says, "Don't feed the trolls".

Must say Seamus, if anyone is going to make headway with such people though, it will be you. You have excellent arguments and control. I got sick of the unthinking and the unreasonable long, long ago.

Sometimes it is kind of nice to be old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:32 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Aye, Dori, tis true... Being old does have it's good points... Furr instance... we won't be around to see the aftermath of what the buckys of this nation will bring down upon it...

The added plus for me is that I made no children to be affected by the mismanagement of this administration... the administration that bucky loves to defend but... has done nothing to actually support... you know, like walk his war talk?

bucky is your basic GOP chickenhawk, all for war but only WHEN someone else has to go do it... I bet he'd be singing a different tune were it HIS feet in those boots headed to iraq...

any takers? anyone? come on, I'll give odds... anyone?

:twisted:

no? I thought not...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

they, they, they, and more they's.

who is they dori ?
is it everybody in the world that dosen't agree with you?
what are you just so tired of dori?
could it be loosing arguments? ...so you come here and only throw insults at me?

come on dori you are never to old to learn. :roll:

what point have you proven ? maybe that your mad... :lol:

well woop de do da. i'm really impressed with your little rant about "they"

also dori you should feel special if you are really surrounded by bucky's.
but honestly i don't believe i've ever wrapped a flag around myself.

so to make a short story short , quit ranting and hurling insults and bring something logical to the tabel. or maybe an opinion.if not NO bucky will ever take you seriously.

so you say they ....i'm guesing thats me ...

Quote:
They ignore the teachings of Christ in order to mercilessly bash you with their Bibles

there you go with "they" and "you" do you even know who you are talking about or have some proof of this other than the words of wisdom by dori.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:00 pm 

Hi Stripy. Nice to see you.

Like you, I do not have to worry about the world we leave to our children and their children because I chose to not have children myself. That makes me wonder why the people who DO have families can not care that they are backing neocons, people who wish to destroy the world so they can be 'raptured'.

What a crock!

And Bucky, I made it very clear I was talking about my inbred neighbors. And yes, you certainly do remind me of them. In fact, it was kind of you to admit you are retarded...

Quote:
why don't retarded people count as a voice to you ?

You speak for yourself, eh Bucky?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:05 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
it was kind of you to admit you are retarded...

no i'm not dori, but does it make you feel big and intelligent to speak of retarded people like they are a lower form of life?
is this what jesus would say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:10 pm 
Deal With It!

Mr. Buckshot wrote:
is this what jesus would say?

I don't know that. It's so hypothetical. What sort of posting board would Jesus hang out at? Do you think he's a Mac guy or a Microsoft fan?

BTW Mr. Buckshot. You have no one to blame but yourself for this nasty tit for tat nonsense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bucky...do you think Bush is retarded?

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Bucky...do you think Bush is retarded?

ha ....good one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, not a good answer at all. You're just evading like the Republicans you toadie for try to do when they're faced with a difficult question for which they've no quick and tidy lie.

There was never any question of Bill Clinton's intellectual ability, by the way. He was a Rhodes Scholar, after all, and certainly never benefited from the presidential legacy program your hero did.

You don't get another try. You've been borged..no doubt about it.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman