It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bill Ayers in his own words
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:20 pm 

Democracy Now!

Quote:
Democracy Now! Exclusive (Part 1): Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn on the Weather Underground, the McCain Campaign Attacks, President-Elect Obama and the Antiwar Movement Today

In the late stages of the presidential race, no other name was used more by the McCain-Palin campaign against Barack Obama than Bill Ayers. Ayers is a respected Chicago professor who was a member of the 1960s militant antiwar group the Weather Underground. In their first joint television interview, Ayers and his wife Bernardine Dohrn discuss the McCain campaign attacks, President-elect Obama, the Weather Underground, the legacy of 1960s social justice movements, and more.

Sounds so different from the person Rs kept pounding on.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject: Re: Bill Ayers in his own words
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:54 pm 

Part 2 of the Democracy Now interview.

I have no regrets for opposing this government and its war with every ounce of my being. I don’t have anything to apologize for. I wish we had done more. And by we, I mean you, I mean me, I mean everybody who’s over 50. I wish we had all done more. And more does not mean a particular tactic. It means we should have been smarter, more determined, more capable of uniting, more able to think of ways to bring this to an end. Because democracy failed us in 1968. Profoundly. It failed us because we wanted a war to end. We couldn’t end it. And we couldn’t figure out how. So I think we all should have done more. And frankly, today, an honest assessment of the wars going on in Iraq and Afghanistan, we are not doing enough. We should be doing more. And what that means is, we should be thinking harder, uniting harder, and working harder for peace and justice.

This sounds like the kind of person we should look up to, not look down on. But then, I never did care for Limbaugh or people like him.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid