It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thank and Support Montel Williams
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:24 am 

Thank and Support Montel Williams

Recently when Fox News invited Montel Williams to come on the air to discuss the death of movie star Heath Ledger, he refused to discuss it in depth saying that while he felt for the star's family the deaths in Iraq deserved discussion. At the end of this post, there is a YouTube link where one can view the entire segment. It is not long since this is only the part where Williams appeared. The talking heads of Faux went to commercial when they were unable to turn Williams away from the subject of Iraq. He was not with the panel after the return from commercial break.

This was not the end of the matter however, over the next three days, Fox affiliates that carried the "Montel Williams Show" all declined to sign renewal contracts for 2008-2009. The syndicators of the show then announced that the show was being cancelled. This means Montel was essentially fired for having the audacity to talk about troop deaths on Fox. The power of a monolithic Main Stream Media has reached a new obscene level. They have proven to be coconspirators with the warmongers of the Bush regime. Ignoring the death and destruction in Iraq has allowed almost 4,000 American military deaths and over 1 million civilian Iraqi deaths. This is head in the sand, what they don't know won't hurt them attitude, is a war crime in and of itself.

I have spent the last few days looking for place to support Montel. While I did find several bloggers that supported him, one even linking to a Fox complaint site, I did not find any with the sole purpose of saying thank you. I have decided to start an online petition to do just that.

Petition to Thank and Support Montel Williams

The petition states:

To Montel Williams:
We the undersigned would like to say thank you. We applaud your efforts to try to discuss the human costs of the Iraq invasion and occupation. We deplore the fact that your efforts have cost you your job. We send our best wishes and hopes for success in your future endeavors. Please keep thinking free and do not let the country forget the killing and dying—it will only let the Iraqi situation continue with no end in sight.

Video of Montel Williams' Apperance on Fox

This blog is posted at the following two places. Place feel free to spread it far and wide being sure to include at a minimum the link to the petition.

Permanent Backlink to Blogger Post

Permanent Backlink to TVNL Post

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GREAT! I've signed. :D

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:32 am 

Thank you for putting this petition up. I hope word gets out and many people will sign. Montel did the right thing--and got what people in this country now get for doing the right thing.

Another victim of this sewer of an administration.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:56 am 

APL that is awesome. I did the same thing on Monday, looked for a way to thank him. But most everything was just other bloggers talking about what happened. And Fox's site for his show acted as though the show was still on and all what hunky dory...Its AWESOME that you did this.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:30 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yep....thanks for making it so easy. 8)

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Thank and Support Montel Williams
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:41 am 

This blog entry was cited at a right wing apologist blog cite at:

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2009 ... liams.html

Right Wing Wacko Blogger wrote:
. . .

Though there are many references to this on the left side of the Internet, no direct link between Montel's appearance and his TV show's cancellation was ever established. It was simply accepted as fact without backing documentation.

. . .

This petition received ONLY twenty signatures but somehow it is supposedly instrumental in getting Montel hired by Air America. I believe the real credibility gap exists with this fool.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote