All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RACHEL MADDOW STANDS UP TO SCOTT BROWN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

THANKS, RACHEL! YOU GO, GIRL! :D :wink:
\

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/2 ... 14420.html

MSNBC took out a full-page ad in Friday's Boston Globe for a letter from Rachel Maddow to her fellow Massachusetts citizens.

The ad was a response to Sen. Scott Brown's claims — in an effort to raise money — that Maddow is planning a run against him in 2012.

"Hi, I'm Rachel Maddow. I host a TV show on MSNBC. I also live in Western Massachusetts, in the beautiful hilltowns of Hampshire County," the ad begins.

"I'm not running against Scott Brown," Maddow said. "I never said I was running against Scott Brown. The Massachusetts Democratic Party never asked me to run against Scott Brown. It's just not true. Honestly. I swear. No, really."

Maddow hit Brown for trashing one of his constituents.

"Do you remember when Mitt Romney ran for President after being our Governor and he went around the country insulting Massachusetts, talking about what an awful state we are?" she wrote. "To have our new Senator raising money around the country by saying how terrible one of his Massachusetts constituents is, kind of feels the same way to me.

Maddow wrote that "it's standard now for conservatives to invent scary fake threats to run against," citing death panels and the birther movement. "Senator Scott Brown's only been in DC seven weeks, but he already seems to be fitting right in with how conservatives operate there."

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman