It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: If you think stealing a vote is bad, check this one out!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:57 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Federal voting rights cited in Watsonville Council appointment lawsuit: Lawyers says plaintiffs seek to deprive District 2 people of representation

WATSONVILLE - With arguments based on the federal Voting Rights Act and the separation of powers doctrine, as well as local and state codes, the city on Monday launched its fight against a lawsuit seeking to prevent Mayor Luis Alejo from voting on his successor.

***UNQUOTE***

Just another weapon from the neo-cons, in their effort to fight the "grass roots" movement of Latinos and other groups of individuals, who just don't like the smell of this particular, "line of bullshit.". I read this one three times. Once, and I couldn't believe it. I must of missed something. Twice, and "Oh my God." And a third, pinching myself throughout the entire read.

These bastards in the past, have attempted to steal your vote, conceal your vote through an ever corrupt media, OR, "flat out" tell the latino population to stay home, because your vote doesn't mean "jack shit."

...and

If that doesn't work, then we'll strip the powers of an elected official, who directly, or indirectly, succeeded in giving representation, to the voice of the Latino population. This one, in my humble opinion, is a "wake up call," for everyone. In the beginning, these bastards operated in "stealth" mode. Now, their "plan of attack on democracy," is no different than a Burger King ad on, "cheeseburgers for a buck!!" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

***QUOTE***

"An injunction would mean that a sizeable Latino population - District 2 voters and residents - would have no representation when the city decides whether to appoint someone," the city's lawyers argue.

***UNQUOTE**

And do these bastards, "HONOR" the past, under similar condition? YEAH...RIGHT!! :roll: You know what they say, "history has a way of repeating itself." Simply remember Hoover, Coolidge and Harding, (all republicans) AND THE FEDERAL RESERVE, and their attempt to, "tax cut Americans into prosperity ALONE," proposals of the 1920's. :evil: :evil:

***QUOTE***

This has special significance in Watsonville, where, in 1989, under the federal Voting Rights Act, a court ordered district elections to ensure Latinos political representation.

***UNQUOTE***

The rest of this "political sabotage/nonsense," can be read here... :evil: :evil:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-new ... ck_check=1