It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:52 pm 
Deal With It!

beatneck wrote:
Wait there's more.....I dont even like bush. I despise everything he and his PNAC minions stand for. I will not however jump on this Bush is responsible for everytime I stub my toe bandwagon.

There's the radical moderate we've all come to know and love. Who did you vote for? Badnarik? Nader?

beatneck wrote:
Thats not the way to change things.

Let me guess... We can all go over to Rage Report, right? They've got it all under control. I see they're changing things at quite a clip there champ.

If you don't like the playmates on this playground you can go back to your own.

beatneck wrote:
Carry on your little bias article sharing brigade you got going on here.

That's quite sweet of you. Scientific American is biased? If anything it leans to the right of center. Would you like me to post shit from Human Events? WorldNutDaily? FrontPageRag?

beatneck wrote:
I will come back when I can stomach some more of it. Right now, Ive had about enough.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:01 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

:lol:

then again, maybe it should.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:08 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hi,

Not all users will agree on all topics and / or post. Not on the boards I've seen anyway. Lets face it, that is the nature of the beast and the difference in people and what they believe to be true or false. I've had people agree with me and I've had people just blow up at me to. Still, legitament criticism is one thing, but being right out nasty to other users is quite another. I think we should try and avoid being nasty and keep a cool head.

My thoughts on New Orleans ..

I can't see where rebuilding in the bowl makes any sense. We might get another bad hurricane at anytime. Winter is coming, which means lots rain for warmer areas and snow for others. Rising fuel prices will push home heating to an all time high. This is a lot worse then anyone might (at first glance) think. Sickness is another thing. The spread of disease "could" be rampant in no time, if something doesn't happen fast to prevent it. Why would anyone want to build back there again? The cost to build newer, stronger, bigger and better long lasting dykes would be unbelievable. It easy to quote prices, but building something you think will work; verses something the "will" work, are two different things altogether. The end cost is always much higher then first thought. Dykes have been built all over the World to hold back water and they are watched and taken care of in most cases. Still, they fail and they fail quite often. The cost of rebuilding New Orleans will also be much, much higher then expected. They'll be fighting the powers of mother nature all the way. Tropical storms and possible hurricanes, not to mention just rain, rain and more rain. I say write it off and take care of the people. Why not start a resettlement program and focus on that? Do that instead of rebuilding in a water hole 8 to 10 feet below sea level. They should be placing their focus on the people and finding them homes elsewhere before winter gets here.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Oh and ...

Major oil spill feared on Mississippi River
Officials suspect slick could be from huge storage tanks
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9175553/

Last edited by Sir-Irate on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :hello1:

Here's another excellent article that shows Bushco's responsibility for the levee disaster:

http://www.alternet.org/story/24871/

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:00 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

beatneck wrote:
Your just making yourself look silly Stripey. Ive been around this board long before you ever retreated here from Rage. Hell, I even call you by your real screen name. I dont even have to resort to calling names. And whats with this mastabatory fixation you have anyway? I cant make you change stripey. I can only point out a different point of view. Its up to you if you choose to listen before deciding against it.

I don't care what you think, BeatsIT!..... in fact, it seems that no one here does... so what you are doing is stroking your own ego with the drivel you post, which is called masturbating... but I'm sure you know alll about that... right, BeatsIT! ?

I don't listen to bush apologists... or PWIC sympathizers... so why doncha just sit on that bike and ride it on back to the Rage now...

your keepers are calling...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:06 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

beatneck wrote:
That was some stupendous article finding there seamus. So what you are telling me is that no one realized that NO was in danger of flooding from a hurricane until 2001? Silly me for thinking we've had educated people around before then.

Are you really this obtuse?

The point is that Bush cut the budget and N'awlins died... Why are you missing it? Are you as disconnected from reality as he is?

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:50 am 
TheStripey1 wrote:
beatneck wrote:
Your just making yourself look silly Stripey. Ive been around this board long before you ever retreated here from Rage. Hell, I even call you by your real screen name. I dont even have to resort to calling names. And whats with this mastabatory fixation you have anyway? I cant make you change stripey. I can only point out a different point of view. Its up to you if you choose to listen before deciding against it.

I don't care what you think, BeatsIT!..... in fact, it seems that no one here does... so what you are doing is stroking your own ego with the drivel you post, which is called masturbating... but I'm sure you know alll about that... right, BeatsIT! ?

I don't listen to bush apologists... or PWIC sympathizers... so why doncha just sit on that bike and ride it on back to the Rage now...

your keepers are calling...

Again, I just see silly. I came over here and have posted without attacks a different point of view. All I receive from you is name calling and accusations. All I receive from seamus is sentence by sentence breakdowns of my posts, replied with his accusations about my beliefs, and not so accurate words, put not so eloquantly into my mouth.

Sir Irate, I would like to thank you for your words.

Sincerely,

BeatsIt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:36 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

New Orleans has been in serious trouble from flooding for a good many years, and through a good many administrations. The levees were a mess in the 80s.

To say that Bush is the cause of all their troubles is simpley absurd. The Clinton administration could have built up the levees. Bush 1 could have done it. Carter could have. Regan could have. Fricking Grant could have.

I am tired of this *below sea level* bulls*it. Holland is below sea level, and seeminly proud of it. Every area has its *natural* challenges. NOLA is below sea level, Seattle is too close to a volcano, Frisco is on a fault, Kansas City is too close to Oz. Has PC gotten to this sad point?

There but for the grace of god go all of us. The fact that the water took NOLA is hardly the point, THe fact that Bush turned his back, played golf, made photo ops, and did little to aid our fellow Americans is the point. The fact that Bush has stretched us to the limit of our economy such that the loss of a single port caused a 30% increase in energy costs is the point. The fact that Bush can not lead, can not administer in an emergency situation is the point.

No matter what the disaster, Bush would have failed. Hurricane, tornado, flood or Noooklooyer blast. He is inept and incompetent, cold and callous. He is evil. He has looted out country and now the whims of mother nature can turn an american jewel into a thrid world nightmare. THIS is his fault.

One more thought.....on the infamous 9-11, disaster relief was immediate. The buildings were standing and burning when help arrived. No week of waiting. Same prez, same administration, same incompetence. How can one explain this?

I believe we MUST rebuild NOLA. It is the Jewel of the South, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, our largest port, the center of our commerce. It is part of US our soul, who we are as a country and as a culture. It should be not a matter of economics, it should be a matter of PRIDE in what America is, what we as Americans are made of, how we stand together, and won't be beaten.

Can you imagine Holland saying *oh well it was below sea level, lets just move to Belgium*? Can you imagine Venice saying *hey, who needs a city with open sewers for streets?*

I am ashamed of the Bush administration, to be sure. The policies that have been put forth, the lies that have been brazenly issued to a too ready to accomodate populace are all things to be ashamed of. Their acts are criminal in any respect.

I am also ashamed of Americans who will forsake their history, their heritage and the beauty of their country for a few bucks. I am sickened by Americans who say this place is better to live than that place because this natural disaster is better than that one. The bottom line is NOLA doesn't count, and any reason to bury it is good enough. If Frisco got eaten in a shake, would it be the same? When Chicago burned was it the same? I lived in NOLA and I will tell you this, it will be rebuilt, whether or not the rest of the country cares or helps. Because for one million people NOLA is HOME, below sea level or not, it is the place where they live and love and dream.

Naysayers are free to go to hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

THe fact that Bush turned his back, played golf, made photo ops, and did little to aid our fellow Americans is the point. The fact that Bush has stretched us to the limit of our economy such that the loss of a single port caused a 30% increase in energy costs is the point. The fact that Bush can not lead, can not administer in an emergency situation is the point.

No matter what the disaster, Bush would have failed. Hurricane, tornado, flood or Noooklooyer blast. He is inept and incompetent, cold and callous. He is evil. He has looted out country and now the whims of mother nature can turn an american jewel into a thrid world nightmare. THIS is his fault.

points well made.

no one can blame bush for the levees failing is right, but his timing of removing funding that the corps wanted for the levees is why so many are blaming him.

we found $300 billion to attack iraq and afghanistan over night, yet we can't find money to build america. i was always under the impression our people came first, afterall, this is what america is supposed to be all about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:33 pm 
Deal With It!

beatneck wrote:
All I receive from seamus is sentence by sentence breakdowns of my posts, replied with his accusations about my beliefs, and not so accurate words, put not so eloquantly into my mouth.

Not so accurate? :lol: Not so eloquent? :lol:

Beatneck, you're neither a lawyer nor a poet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:36 pm 
Deal With It!

mga wrote:
no one can blame bush for the levees failing is right, but his timing of removing funding that the corps wanted for the levees is why so many are blaming him.

we found $300 billion to attack iraq and afghanistan over night, yet we can't find money to build america. i was always under the impression our people came first, afterall, this is what america is supposed to be all about.

It's about crony capitalism. People come last. Profits come first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:16 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Seamus wrote:
mga wrote:

It's about crony capitalism. People come last. Profits come first.

If you damn Bush for the levees he will walk away unscathed (for reason mentioned).

He cannot walk away from his callous and inept response to Katrina.

The Neo-cons are GREAT at deflecting their crimes, and most of the time its becasue we try to damn them for TOO MUCH.

Yes, Bush's agenda led in part to the failure of the levess in NOLA, but no more so than a generation of neglect that he had nothing to do with.

NO ONE, not Clinton, not Carter, not his slim sucking father can excuse his reaction to the worst disaster to hit the US in our lifetimes, if not in our history.

You are preaching to the choir. As the Asbestos Tiger will confirm, I have no admiration fo the Chimp in Chief or his policies. There is NO excuse for war, there is NO excuse to unilaterally oppose the will of the UN (which, as bad as it is, is the best hope we have to avoid extinction at this point). There is NO excuse for the litany of horiffic crimes Bush has painted our proud counrty's reputation with.

He must be tried and he must be punished, he and his Facist Neo-Con friends, but I think it is important to the cause to be exact and accurate to *within a reasonable doubt*.

If you give this slimeball a way to squirm out of the noose, he will.

As far as NOLA is concerned his crime is gross negligence after the fact. Whether or not he funded the levees, he COULD have mitigated that stupidity by at least responding as well as he did to NYC. He didn't.

Iraq and Afghanistan...*sigh* War crimes, torture, DU contamination, its amazing how this ass can't get thru a month without committing a crime worse than anything Saddam ever did and seemingly with a full half of the US behind his lame, retarded rhetoric. He wasted our counrty's resourses on the very worst of adventures, but he did it with *majority support*. Americans wanted MTV Wartime specials and lots of blood and coffins and they got em. I see these asswipes every day with their *Support our troops, send more bullets* attitude.

But on the other hand, his adventurism is no better or worse than any other 20th century administration. Maybe bloodier and greedier, more blatently idiotic.

Katrina and NOLA seems to me DIFFERENT though, and I have a feeling it could be the rope with which we hang him and the Neo-cons for good. Bush, in the days following the storm, behaved in a way that is unacceptable by any standard. Prolly wishful dreams, but HEY, the glass is half full.

God it feels good to rant this shit out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

is it not the responsibility of the american people to look into who exactly was to blame here? i was at another forum where some were talking about impeaching bush, and, while many agreed he should be, the general consensus was it would make no difference because cheney would be in control. others pointed to the fact that he has less than 3 years to go, so why bother.

i stated that regardless if he has 6 months to go, it's the responsibility of americans to ensure that politicians do their jobs as we expect them to do them. and, if we become slack in our expectations, we are no better than those politicians.

america belongs to US..the people...NOT republicans and NOT democrats and if neither one can do what's expected of them, then we must remove them from office, if, for nothing else, but to maintain integrety in our government and our system.

this is OUR responsibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:19 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

mga wrote:

is it not the responsibility of the american people to look into who exactly was to blame here? i was at another forum where some were talking about impeaching bush, and, while many agreed he should be, the general consensus was it would make no difference because cheney would be in control. others pointed to the fact that he has less than 3 years to go, so why bother.

i stated that regardless if he has 6 months to go, it's the responsibility of americans to ensure that politicians do their jobs as we expect them to do them. and, if we become slack in our expectations, we are no better than those politicians.

america belongs to US..the people...NOT republicans and NOT democrats and if neither one can do what's expected of them, then we must remove them from office, if, for nothing else, but to maintain integrety in our government and our system.

this is OUR responsibility.

nod.

even if its his last day.

if we hang him maybe his successor will think twice about being a scum licking corporate whore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:27 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I agree with Catherine it is pointless with Global Warming to attempt the rebuilding of New Orleans as a functioning seaport. It should be rebuilt north of Lake Ponchartrain perhaps in Baton Rouge.
If the Old City and some Museums and Tulane can be salvaged it should be renovated as a Historical Landmark and perhaps a recreation site like a National Park a Grand Canyon a Yousemetie so to speak. The industrial center should be further north for this will happen again. Global warming can not and will not be reversed for another milenium. Florida will also sink mark my words.

TUT

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next