It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here He Comes Again! (Didn't Dolly Parton Sing That Song?)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tom with the Terrible News is back again...wearing his Chicken Little personna.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/07/08/ridge. ... index.html

He says: Al Qaeda plans a large-scale attack on the United States "in an effort to disrupt the democratic process" before November's elections, Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge said Thursday.

Ridge cited "recent interdictions" for the new warning. He said U.S. officials have no precise knowledge of the time, place or method of attack, but said they are "actively working to gain that knowledge."

And how many times have we heard those same words, minus the democratic process inclusion? Now and then, I guess Tom has to come out and be visible, just to make sure we're still quaking in our boots and looking to his organization and Bush and Company to save and protect us from the Axis of Evil...yeah, right. Methinks we've already been infiltrated by the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing known as George W. Bush.

I think the key words are in the very last sentence of the quoted paragraph. I bet they ARE working to gain "that knowledge"...what's so "new" about that? Ridge wouldn't be in his lucrative post if there wasn't something for those people to do to seem to justify having a Homeland Security organization.

On the other hand, my one concern IS the Democratic Convention, where the team of Kerry and Edwards will be presented to the nation and the world as shining examples of direct contrast to the dark and shadowy hinterlands of Bush and Cheney.

IF there is truly anything being planned by Al-Q to "disrupt" the conventions, it'll be to do damage to this team or their efforts on behalf of the Democratic party. Bush and Cheney are Al-Q's dream come true...I can't imagine that group wanting to see the GOP defeated or damaged in any way. I'm not concerned at all about the Republican Convention.

After all, who else has done more to increase terrorist recruiting, including for Al-Q's ranks, in the Middle East?

Catherine