It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anti-War Protests Kill Americans
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:22 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

One of our readers has written to us inquiring about a possible link between the media's reporting of anti-war demonstrations and the resulting deaths of our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. It's worth considering. October, for example, was reported to be the deadliest month for U.S. troops in Iraq since January. October followed heavy publicity given to a so-called anti-war march in Washington, D.C. on September 24.

Is there a connection?

In order to prove it, one would have to link the protests to the activities of the enemy in Iraq and Afghanistan. In other words, are the terrorists motivated by what happens in our streets and in our media? If they think the anti-war movement is growing in power, does that convince them that they have a chance to defeat the U.S. and that they should, in fact, accelerate their battlefield operations?

One thing is certain. As we noted before the September 24 protest, one of the organizations behind the event posted an article urging "solidarity" with the "Iraqi fighters" and "resistance" killing American troops and innocent civilians in Iraq. This showed that the "anti-war" protest has been unmasked by one of its own leaders as a pro-war organization that seeks to kill those struggling for freedom and democracy in Iraq and around the world.

On the matter of the media war, the enemy has been very candid about the need to win the battle in the media.

A letter the U.S. Government says came from Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri says that more than half of the terrorist war is taking place "in the battlefield of the media." The letter compared the Iraq war to Vietnam, saying that "the aftermath of the collapse of American power in Vietnam—and how they ran and left their agents—is noteworthy."

We commented at the time: "Zawahiri's reference to Vietnam is significant. The U.S. won all the battles in Vietnam but lost the war, primarily because the U.S. media turned against the effort to keep South Vietnam free of communism and convinced the public it was a losing cause. The emergence of Al-Jazeera means that the enemy has another powerful weapon at its disposal."

Al-Jazeera hopes to launch an English language channel next year. Is there anyone in the Congress or this Administration who is willing to try to stop them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Damn those pacifists! It's the fault of those dratted peacemongers that our soldiers are dying! If it wasn't for the anti-war war activists, there would be no war deaths!

Only the bloodthirsty, warmonging chickenhawks can save our troops from certain death at the hands of those dastardly peaceful people!

Stop peace now, wherever it still exists in the world before more American soldiers die!

PEACE KILLS!
LIVE FOR WAR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:55 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Look, Rush Limbaugh is rooting for the terrorists!

Quote:
Limbaugh on kidnapping of peace activists in Iraq: "I'm telling you, folks, there's a part of me that likes this"

On November 29, nationally syndicated radio host Rush Limbaugh read an Associated Press report about the apparent kidnapping of four Christian Peacemaker Teams (CPT) activists by an Iraqi insurgent group. Limbaugh announced that "part of me likes this." He explained: "Well, here's why I like it. I like any time a bunch of leftist feel-good hand-wringers are shown reality."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200511300010

I wonder how many other Republican wingnuts in this country take the side of the terrorists when they kidnap innocent civilians. Are Republicans becoming the party of terrorism?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What would a political party be called whose leaders condone torture and support and encourage mass killings of innocent civilians while they're occupying a conquered country?

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:53 pm 

Catherine, they used to be called NAZIs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ontheoutside wrote:
Catherine, they used to be called NAZIs

Now they are called "The Bush Administration".

Bush Knew 10 Marines Had Died Prior To Rose Garden Remarks, Didn’t Mention It

Yesterday, 10 Marines were killed in Fallujah by a roadside bomb. President Bush knew about it before he made remarks at 10:45AM in the Rose Garden. From today’s White House press conference:

QUESTION: Can I ask, when the president came to the Rose Garden this morning about 10:45, at that hour, did the White House already know about this attack on the Marines in Fallujah?

MCCLELLAN: Yes, we did. The president was informed about the loss of the Marines last night and those that were injured, and then he was briefed again this morning.

But Bush didn’t mention it. He didn’t want to take the focus off today’s message, the “good news” about the economy.

Post subject: Scary
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You know what scares me the most? The people who say they trust Bush and follow him blindly. Two people have said to me this week, "I love that man and trust him completely." :scratch: What is it going to take? Some people have to get smacked right in the face with a mack truck....but then it is too late.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject: Re: Scary
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:09 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

sadie53 wrote:
You know what scares me the most? The people who say they trust Bush and follow him blindly. Two people have said to me this week, "I love that man and trust him completely." :scratch: What is it going to take? Some people have to get smacked right in the face with a mack truck....but then it is too late.

"Happy are those who live under a discipline which they accept without question, who freely obey the orders of leaders, spiritual or temporal, whose word is fully accepted as unbreakable law; or those who have, by their own methods, arrived at clear and unshakeable convictions about what to do and what to be that brook no possible doubt. I can only say that those who rest on such comfortable beds of dogma are victims of forms of self-induced myopia, blinkers that may make for contentment, but not for understanding of what it is to be human."-Isaiah Berlin ‘The Pursuit of the Ideal’ (1988), PSM 11

"The terrorists who flew planes into the World Trade Center obviously had no doubt that they were right in their convictions. Maybe that isn't such a good thing. Maybe you should have some doubt about your beliefs."- Al Frankin Air America Radio 2005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:06 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!