It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Democratic Failures
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:20 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Democratic Failures

Looking over today's Democratic party, I find too many political failures. Democrats are not in position to win a Presidential election in the near future. Congress is within their reach, but is not a definite, which it should be, considering the unpopularity of President Bush. Democrats have failed in countless ways, here are just a few:

Democrats are consistently divided on all the major issues of our day. They're not only divided in minor ways, but are outright polarized. The Democratic party is a party which supports the war in Iraq consistently, used to support the war but changed its mind, never supported the war, wants troops out tomorrow and wants the Iraq war to come to a swift, but efficient end. How can a party with that many varying views find a theme or message to base candidacies in 2006 and 2008?

Division creates many problems for a political party. But the situation for the current Democratic party is much more difficult. The current most centerpoint issue in this country today is Iraq. If in 2008 Democrats nominate a pro-war candidate, then anti-war Democrats will either not vote or vote for a third (Green) party candidate. If Democrats nominate an anti-war Democrat who vehemently hates Bush to the point where they have called for his assassination, then Democrats won't fair much better. Independents, 2004 and other elections have shown, are not found of idea-less candidates who have nothing to offer but hate and anti-Bush rhetoric. Bush won't be running in 2008, so Democrats won't have much legitimacy to base a campaign on the faults of President Bush. And independents are consistently opposed to the idea of cutting an running from Iraq, and no party can win an election without independents.

Democrats consistently pick the wrong issues to run their campaigns on. In 2004 Democrats ran on gay marriage, abortion and the UN. Yet America overwhelmingly opposes gay marriage, abortion and the United Nations. Why didn't Democrats run on health costs, the economy and education, issues of which I must concede, give Democrats the heads up. Just poor political planning here. Republicans in 2004 and again in 2006 will run on defense, the War on Terror and traditional values. Why? Because American supports them on these things, duh. Perhaps Democrats are just stupid.

Democrats bring nothing to the table at this time. Granted I'm sure they do have some policies, they just don't know how to make them public. Democrats only blame Bush for everything, call for his impeachment, censure and next they'll call for his assassination. Elections aren't won without ideas and policies to offer. Democrats have to have plans and strategies to make the supposed faults of President Bush better. They can't just whine about him forever.

Democrats are not a nationally competitive party. They immediately eliminate the support of Southerners and people of fundamentalist faiths (except Islamic terrorists, who I'm sure vote Democrat anyway). They are a divisive, angry party. They despise religious people, gun owning hunters, and anyone who opposes their beliefs. This may not be entirely true, but image is more important than the truth. And this is clearly the current image of the Democratic party. These people won't vote Democrat.

So, Democrats could use some improvement in the political arena. I do this Democrats will be able to win the House back in '06, but not the Senate. I'm pretty confident that, no matter who they nominate in 2008, they are destine to lose. Why? Division. A "spoiler" third party candidate will ruin it for 'em again. Not that I mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I do believe the Democrats are the ones who brought up port security spending bills 4 times and got shot down all times by a republican majority congress. They have put up bills for womens health, veterans benefits, fiscal responsibility, relief at the pump, education, jobs, corporate taxation, energy markets so there wont be another Enron. They have done their fair share to all get shot down by republicans. They have pushed and pushed to help people with their gas and electric bills but once again got shot down. Republicans want a gap between middle and lower class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:29 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Repubs want NO middle class. Only poor and WEALTHY. I used to consider myself middle class, but I can feel myself slowly "slip sliding away" toward the bottom.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL