It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Colorado School Bans US Flag
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:53 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

By Sher Zieve – Longmont, Colorado’s Skyline High School has banned the display of the US flag on school property. Several students who brought the US flag to school on Friday, in protest to the school ban, were suspended.
Skyline High School Principal Tom Stumpf said that the US flag intimidated Mexican descent students who wanted to display the Mexican flag. Stumpf commented: “When it involves the American flag and its abuse in vilifying other people, we simply will not tolerate it. They were using the symbol derisively as misguided patriotism."

Dustin Carlson, one of the suspended students, said on Denver’s KCNC-TV: “I'm getting suspended for it [carrying the US flag] and personally I think that's uncalled for. If this country means freedom, then why can't we fly our own flag? It's ridiculous."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:36 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

the real story, and not bucky's version, is here: (notice the posting at the very bottom. this is so that people like bucky don't copy and paste just what they want you to read. therefore, i posted a link to the story.

after reading the REAL story, the issue was that several students carried an american flag and were using it as a cover and thought this gave them the right to throw racial remarks at the mexican students. the school stated this is not what the american flag is all about, and therefore suspended the offending students.

what these students were doing would be liken to a neo-nazi group carrying american flags while protesting jews in america. does carrying the american flag give one the automatic right to be racist?

http://cbs4denver.com/local/local_story_090213423.html

(© MMVI CBS Television Stations, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:41 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

what the hells your point mga different news sites printed the story a little differently everywhere. and i didn't get it from where you got "THE REAL STORY" :roll: THE POINT IS FOR WHATEVER REASONS, THEY WERE SUSPENDED FROM CARRYING AN AMERICAN FLAG ON AMERICAN SOIL.

Quote:
what these students were doing would be liken to a neo-nazi group carrying american flags while protesting jews in america. does carrying the american flag give one the automatic right to be racist?

this is only a personal opinion and it's bullshit . if a student wants to carry an american flag stopping him or her is pure communist and a violation of his or freedom . you being an open minded liberal should see that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:39 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

In metro Phoenix, students at Apache Junction High School found a Mexican flag flying in place of Old Glory in front of the Navy ROTC building. They yanked it down and burned it.

This is an entirely natural and healthy reaction. When someone illegally comes onto your property and gives you a shove, you had better shove back, or it won't be your property for long.

Post subject: Re: Colorado School Bans US Flag
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:32 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

buckshot wrote:
By Sher Zieve – Longmont, Colorado’s Skyline High School has banned the display of the US flag on school property. Several students who brought the US flag to school on Friday, in protest to the school ban, were suspended.
Skyline High School Principal Tom Stumpf said that the US flag intimidated Mexican descent students who wanted to display the Mexican flag. Stumpf commented: “When it involves the American flag and its abuse in vilifying other people, we simply will not tolerate it. They were using the symbol derisively as misguided patriotism."

Dustin Carlson, one of the suspended students, said on Denver’s KCNC-TV: “I'm getting suspended for it [carrying the US flag] and personally I think that's uncalled for. If this country means freedom, then why can't we fly our own flag? It's ridiculous."

Why did you post this under accurate reporting??????????????? You have probably been accurate once in your life. You farted after mama fed you some beans indicating they were good.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:52 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

hey , those beans were good damit. and speaking of beans i see you are from ohio , i recently spent about six weeks in cincinnati. what is with the skyline chillie. not saying that it was bad but it was very different from chillie that i am used to. and it was good damit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

buckshot wrote:
hey , those beans were good damit. and speaking of beans i see you are from ohio , i recently spent about six weeks in cincinnati. what is with the skyline chillie. not saying that it was bad but it was very different from chillie that i am used to. and it was good damit.

Yes we do have some good things here. Some good people too. Especially the Democrats.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

buckshot wrote:
what the hells your point mga different news sites printed the story a little differently everywhere. and i didn't get it from where you got "THE REAL STORY" :roll: THE POINT IS FOR WHATEVER REASONS, THEY WERE SUSPENDED FROM CARRYING AN AMERICAN FLAG ON AMERICAN SOIL.

Quote:

this is only a personal opinion and it's bullshit . if a student wants to carry an american flag stopping him or her is pure communist and a violation of his or freedom . you being an open minded liberal should see that.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what the real reason they were suspended for. twist or distort the story any way you like, but you also didn't post some facts, either. i expected nothing more from you.

once i first read the story, something didn't seem right about it. and when i read the actual article, it became obvious why they were thrown out of school.

hiding behind an american flag to express one's bigotry makes you less of an american than those who are not americans.

i rate your story an "F"...for failure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The flags were taken to school for other reasons than being patriotic. I live next door to an Irish man. He flies his flag everyday. Should I go over an tell him to take it down. Classic Republican spin.