It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Visit ConservativesForPeace.com??? - YES, don't miss it!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:56 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Visit ConservativesForPeace.com??? - YES, don't miss it! You will be surprised!!!

As America is picking up speed in moving away from democratic principles towards a dictatorship led by neo-cons it should be about time to take a closer look at how America is devided.

Is it really Republicans vs Democrats and Liberals?

I don't think so. It's not plain red vs blue or black vs white, no, there are all shades of gray in between!

A look at the website http://www.againstbombing.org will prove me right.
I came across this website through the link Israeli Spying in America on the website WhatReallyHappened.com

If you really want to work for a change, you probably should forget old party preferences first and instead start asking who is pro and who is contra re this current Neo-Con Administration for that's all that is important at the moment!

The neo-con propaganda of the Bush Administration is using the principle "divide and conquer" for their own political purpose.
Don't let them succed!

Start talking to each other and re-group in order to bring America back to Democracy. I fear that's the only chance you will have and everything less should be secondary at the moment.

Hopefully there will come a day in the near future when you will be able to start talking again about other issues and maybe this could lead to a complete change of the system towards 3 or 4 different political parties and a change towards a "one man/woman - one vote" majority for presidential elections.

I know this would require a change of the Constituion but after 200 years - maybe not too bad an idea.

At least it would make a future retake of the White House the way it has happened much more difficult!

Traude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Excellent post, and some thought-provoking ideas, Traude..thanks.

With your permission, I may "steal" your ideas and websites to use in a letter to our local newspaper. :D

I saw an article yesterday somewhere on the net about how the people who voted for Bush and who can't see where he's leading us delude themselves into ignoring the warning signs that their intellect should be acknowledging.

I'll look for it and post it here if I can find it again.

By the way, someday I hope to visit Germany.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:55 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Catherine,

feel free to use it as you like, I have no copy right for the post.

At the moment I'm posting it on all forums I'm registered regardless of what happened in the last time.

When I came to this website I discovered that you are fighting for exactly the same issues so the most natural thing to do should be to fight on the same side for you can only succed if you are strong enough.

Maybe it takes somebody who isn't connected to any of your political parties and therefore unbiased to see something that's going wrong and suggest a possible way out.

That's the sole reason I wrote the post.

Traude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:19 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Right now we are through the looking glass. Down is up. Up is down. Right is wrong...etc. We are being led by people who believe their own propagand and who appeal to the masses through the manipulative use of fear... They seek not facts to shape their opinions but only elements that fit their dellusional, and this is very important, SELF-SERVING, view of the world. The neo-cons admitt they are not reality based...

There are however, true American patriots, of many views who come together to promote what Lincoln called, "The better angels of our natue;"
Our founders knew that they fell short of their egalitairian vision...But they told us it was always necessary to guard against the accumulation of overpowering wealth and power in the hands of the few. To be against aristocracy and for the rights of all, is truely American, wether conservative or otherwise.

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess freedom and yet deprecate agitation, want crops without plowing and rain without thunder. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will. - Frederick Douglass