It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LEARNED THAT C-SPAN IS THE BEST...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Darn it! :x

I'd watched the DNC for two nights on CNN...should've known better as far as coverage went but I did want to see how Wolfie and Judy conducted themselves...they were true to their corporate owners and did all they could to "advance' the viewpoints of God's Own Party whenever and wherever they could...one evening right up to the time Hillary Clinton walked on stage! :roll:

Anyway, CSPAN was what I watched tonight and I'm so glad I did...NOT ONCE did they interrupt the coverage for anything...no comments, no talking heads trying to 'analyse' that or anylyse this...just good, solid viewing...and Kerry gave a speech that I think will be viewed as the best speech he's ever given. With Max Cleland's introduction and all of those Vietnam vets who served with Kerry lined up behind Clelend...gave me goosebumps!

Kerry had his work cut out for him to let the people know where he stood on certain issues, such as Iraq, the military, healthcare, security, truth and integrity, education, and jobs... There will be things he'll do that he did not talk about tonight but he threw down the gauntlet and now it's time to get to work to send Bush back to Crawford...he seems to spend more time there than he does in Washington, anyway. :wink:

Maybe eventually he'll learn to ride a bike. :twisted:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:36 am 
Catherine;

I don't care for the fakes on news channels like CNN, Fox News, and some others.. For the best I watch C-Span.

I watched the DNC on C-Span for the main reason, I didn't get to hear all the bull here, bull there, or what, or what if from the people on CNN.

After Kerry's speech did you hear the lady that called from Texas, who was on the Bush phone line, that she had 10 couples at her home, and after hearing Kerry's speech they all decided to vote for John Kerry? Now that's what I like to hear from the people.

Post subject: Missed that one, Skeeter
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The woman calling from Texas IS good news...and I didn't hear that one.

Did you read about the Bush campaign worker making the Prozac statement? Are we sure it wasn't Bush himself who said it???? Sounds like something he'd say...or stumble around trying to say it.

Why would anyone not want a President with the values of John Kerry?

The videos of his being in the military, his courage in protesting how the Vietnam War was being conducted, his long-term service in his state government and in the Senate, his love for his wife and children and yes, his stepchildren as well. Even he and Teresa H. Kerry have had to work to make their families blend like so many of us have, and his acceptance speech all speak volumes to me that this is a man of INTELLECT, INTEGRITY, COURAGE, PERSEVERANCE, FAITHFULNESS, and A MAN OF RESPECTABILITY. How often do you suppose he'll call a press conference once he's elected, Skeeter? Bush hasn't had one in how long?

Max Cleland and all of those Vietnam vets lined up on that podium behind Kerry was a very, very effective way of presenting the truth about John Kerry and a (mostly) silent answer to the subtle untruths put out by the Bushies about how Kerry's own men from Vietnam are not supporting his bid for the Presidency.

The excellent CSPAN coverage of those ordinary Americans telling why they are voting for John Kerry...the firemen, the teachers, the nurses, the young girl who had been serving in the military, the older people, the farmers, etc.etc was just awesome...I'm very proud to be a Democrat at this time in our nation's history....and to be supporting and planning to vote for Kerry-Edwards in November.

Now, if the momentum can just be maintained and the swing states will come onboard for Kerry-Edwards, we might get our country back with the Constitution intact in time to reconcile with our Bush-alienated allies.

The alternative gets uglier and uglier, doesn't it?

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:31 pm 
When Kerry invited the Swift boat crews on stage, I was hoping he would let them stand in the background as though he was the Captain and they were is crew again. Kerry must have read my mind, for that crew and Max Cleland to remain in the background just showed he is a Commander-in-Chief, where it be on a Swift boat or in the Oval Office..
I would have done the same if I was running for President.

"little tree 43" aka GWB, Also known as "scrub oak" in Ozark mountain talk.. In fact I don't know of anything GWB can top John Kerry.

I did read where someone in the White House was on Prozoc..
I must dig into that and try to find something for you.

Catherine, did you happen to read my posts on the Rage Report on Bush's trip to Springfield, Mo? This is my home town where I was raised.
This man must be on some sort of a drug(s)..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I had thought of that comparison, Skeeter, but since I never served in the military (except through my sons!) I didn't think I knew what I was actually viewing! The video narrated by Morgan Freeman was just magnificent, as was everything about the Convention last night. :D

The Debates will be something not to be missed if at all possible!

I wish you'd post your observation about Kerry's "Commander-in-Chief" in a Swift boat or in the Oval Office viewpoint everywhere! Very well done!

Quote:
Catherine, did you happen to read my posts on the Rage Report on Bush's trip to Springfield, Mo? This is my home town where I was raised.
This man must be on some sort of a drug(s)..

Not yet...which forum did you post them on?

Have you heard of a book entitled "Bush on the Couch?" It's an actual analysis of Bush by a psychiatrist or psychologist, not sure which...little tree 43 (I feel like I'm insulting all trees using that name...although it is so apt!) is even worse off mentally than what a few drugs taken now could be doing to him.

I'm no doctor, but my understanding of drug & alcohol use like Bush supposedly was into when he was younger , can't NOT effect one's mental abilities as one ages. Bush is no spring chicken, although he smirks and talks like a teenage bully sometimes...I'm particularly thinking of the April News Conference That Will Live in Infamy. (He's not held a news conference since, has he?)

If Bush was Bill Clinton and a book like Bush on the Couch came out about him, the Republican Congress would be calling for an in-depth evaluation of his mental faculties in order to determine whether or not he was mentally responsible enough to remain in office as President.

Look for it on this site or at Amazon.com

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman