It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Liberty Forum is now Censored
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:33 am 

Liberty Forum is now censored. http://www.libertyforum.org

The "moderator" is actually censoring posts, that is, not allowing posts to be entered at all based on the questions or points the poster raises.

All posts are "pre-screened" before being allowed to be posted.

That is denial of free speech by censorship, not "moderation". Moderation is simply not allowing anyone to attack the board, be dis-ruptive or belligerent for unjust reasons.

What Liberty Forum is doing is blocking the free speech of its posters by not allowing their posts or voice to get passed the "moderator" based on the prejudice of the "moderator" toward the content of their post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:29 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i agree with what you are saying, but how "free" is one to speak their mind in any forum?

if the owner of that forum decides one day that he will no longer tolorate any anti-war or anti-government posts, then he has the right to do so. as a member of a forum, any forum, i have to abide by the rules set up and agreed to when i joined. the owner sets the rules and the rules may or may not limit my ability to post opinions on certain matters.

so, as a member, what "right" do i have? i either abide or leave if i feel i can't abide by them. the lack of membership will be the demise of a foum.

at least here, i have read many posts from people of all sides and i have yet to see one deleted by the mod. your "freedom of speech" in any forum is only as free as the moderator allows.