It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is Elvis alive
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:22 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Funny how this keeps popping up every now and then. I thought I would get some your ideas, since one of the cable networks ran a Elvis weekend the past weekend.

I have read numerous books about how he supposedly faked his death so he could attempt to lead a normal life. How the only insurance policy that was not paid was the one that was paid in full and that a million dollars was taken from his bank account two days before he died.

That the coffin was special ordered and had a refrigeration unit in it, keeping the inside a steady 65 degrees and that instead of coming to Memphis, the colonel started making phone calls to market the Elvis name.

Also that a person by the name of John Carpenter boarded a plane to Hawaii after Elvis died. That is the name he used when he checked into hotels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:05 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Just thought I would try and get a feel for things on this site here. The graphics are appealling and friendly.

I do not really have a conspiracy response to this post, just a comment. I think this would really be one of the more absurd conspiracy type theories circulating about and I do not think many people would automatically be drawn to it as a plausible occurence. It is just not compelling enough of a topic and it seems rather silly to even entertain as a legitimate area of enquiry. I am not basing my comments on any factual data, this is just my gut reaction.

But, I do remember what I was doing on the day that he died. There are very few things of this nature that I do recall and there has to be a reason for that I suppose. He was an important figure in our culture and commanded attention just like the former president, JFK. This famous president died on Friday November 22, 1963 and I was a teenager at Junior High School in Canada. We got the afternoon off from school because of this event. The media forgets about this event now when November 22 rolls around every year, but I do not. I think about it every year. Maybe the media is conveniently ommitting this event for fear of raising old conspiracy theories which still have life.
Now, there is a conspiracy for you to ponder.

And, so I end my short introduction by telling you what I was doing on August 16, 1977, the day Elvis Presley died. I cannot remember the actual day or date most of the time, but I remember the year 1977 and I remember exactly what a co-worker said to me on the day that he died. I was working at a summer job in the amusement industry and we were getting things all set up for business when a co-worker rushed up to me and said:

The King is dead

You tend not to forget stuff like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:15 am 

Welcome to the board, Just One More Thing....

I don't remember what I was doing when Elvis died, but do remember well when JFK, Bobbie Kennedy and MLK were killed. Actually remember when FDR died too, and the nation was in deep mourning. Shattering when people with such great presence are suddenly not with us anymore...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:36 am 
Hear Me Roar!

dori wrote:
Welcome to the board, Just One More Thing....

I don't remember what I was doing when Elvis died, but do remember well when JFK, Bobbie Kennedy and MLK were killed. Actually remember when FDR died too, and the nation was in deep mourning. Shattering when people with such great presence are suddenly not with us anymore...

Thanks for the welcome, dori. You must have a few years on me, FDR? My mind was not politically conscious at that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:48 am 

Thanks, Just. Not too many people now that remember FDR's death.

At least I didn't say Lincoln.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:58 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i'll bet the house that elvis is dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am convinced Elvis died in 1977 on the 16th day of August. I do remember what I was doing when I heard about his death. I was in my classroom, getting ready for the upcoming new school year. I was listening to the radio while I worked on a Welcome Back bulletin board. Soft rock music was playing when it was interrupted by an announcer saying that word had just been received that Elvis Presley had died in Memphis, TN.

I agree with Just One More Thing about how we remember what we were doing when we heard about the deaths of JFK, RFK, MLK, the Challenger disaster, the 9/11 attacks, and I remember what I was doing when I heard about the death of Princess Diana.

On August 30, I was at my sister's surprise birthday party. It was at a local restaurant and we got started a bit late...around 9:00 pm. Someone asked my sister, my mother, my daughter and me to stand together for a group photo. After the picture was developed, I was looking at my copy when it suddenly occured to me that, considering the time difference, at about the time our photo was being taken, Princess Diana was fighting for her life in a Paris, France hospital.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:00 am 

Yes, Princess Diana. A sad life, a sad death.