It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Diamond Conspiracy ...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:41 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm am not a big fan of David Icke. So with that said, I do agree with him on Diamonds not being rare. I have done much reading / study on the subject and as far as I am concerned, there is NO doubt that diamonds are are Not rare. A Conspiracy? Yes, because if they are not rare and people tend to believe they are, we get this so called conspiracy. Really there is no conspiracy or rather there should not be a conspiracy, because diamonds are not rare.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAVID ICKE NEWSLETTER FEBRUARY 3RD 2007
THE DIAMOND CONSPIRACY ... DAVID ICKE

Hello all ...

There's been a lot of publicity in the last few weeks about a movie called Blood Diamond with Leonardo DiCaprio and it has triggered much debate about the selling of diamonds to finance wars in Africa.

The film highlights the trade in these blood or 'conflict diamonds' in Sierra Leone to fund the civil war there in the late 1990s and there has been a similar situation in Angola, Liberia, and the Congo, formerly Zaire. The Ivory Coast was implicated in exporting these diamonds for Liberia and Sierra Leone.

But hold on a second here. All that glitters is not gold and all that sparkles is not rare and valuable. Not without gross manipulation, anyway. There is a lot more to know about the diamond trade and the 'blood' variety are only part of the story. I am not defending the sale of diamonds to finance war, for I do not defend war itself whatever the source of funding. But I keep hearing about the 'illegal' and 'illicit' trade in diamonds in the wake of this movie when virtually the entire diamond industry is a corrupt and contemptible con.

Massive marketing campaigns over many decades have sold the myth that diamonds are rare and therefore must be expensive. This is a lie. Diamonds are crystals of carbon and they can be found in great quantities all over the world. They are produced by heat and pressure some 1,200 miles below ground and they have been brought to the surface by volcanoes to be mined, most famously in Africa. But they are found in extinct volcanoes throughout Asia, America, Russia and Australia, and along riverbeds and shorelines are the 'alluvial diamonds', as they are called. Everywhere there is carbon there are diamonds.

http://www.thebirdman.org/Index/Temp/Te ... ndScam.htm

Also interesting is - SCAM ALERTER and you can scoll down to see the
section on Man Made Diamonds - Save Big Money And Avoid Mined Diamond Scams.

http://scamalerter.blogspot.com/index.html