All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: For All You "Pet Lovers" Out There
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:25 am 
Hear Me Roar!

http://www.rense.com/health/pets.htm

Just passing it on.

http://kidshealth.org/PageManager.jsp?d ... t_id=20368

Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Accept Your Own and Be Yourself ~ Master Fard Muhammad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:34 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Under ideal conditions, fleas can complete their entire life cycle in just 10-14 days. Females can lay about 20 eggs per day. So, if you start out with only 10 adult fleas at the end of 30 days, they will have produced 1,844 adults fleas, 174,709 immature fleas, and more than 90,000 eggs ready to hatch within the next two or three days.

Wow. :shock:

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:42 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Quote:
Human infection most often occurs when a person is bitten by a rat flea (Xenopsylla cheopis) that has fed on an infected rodent. The bacteria multiply inside the flea, sticking together to form a plug that blocks its stomach and causes it to become very hungry. The flea then voraciously bites a host and continues to feed, even though it is unable to satisfy its hunger. During the feeding process, blood cannot flow into the blocked stomach, and consequently the flea vomits blood tainted with the bacteria back into the bite wound. The Bubonic plague bacteria then infects a new host, and the flea eventually dies from starvation. Any serious outbreak of plague is usually started by other disease outbreaks in rodents, or some other crash in the rodent population. During these outbreaks, infected fleas that have lost their normal hosts seek other sources of blood.

http://www.roberth.u-net.com/Fleas.htm

Dog flea, cat flea, bat flea, rat flea, rabbit flea, mouse flea... heck, who knows the difference?

Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Accept Your Own and Be Yourself ~ Master Fard Muhammad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:24 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

LOL.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:17 am 

I guess the experts would be other fleas, eh?

Interesting question, though.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:25 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

when i lived by the beach years ago i'd take my doberman down there for walks and to let her run. she came down with a severe case of fleas and infected the whole house.

took her to the vet for a complete bath, then had to bomb the house...every room with those flea bomb things...then had to vacuum twice a day...every day for 30 days because of the life cycle thing.

finally got rid of them. worst thing to have is flea infestation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've never had a flea infestation. I keep my cats treated with Frontline or Bio-Spot. Bio-Spot lasts longer, but I have to order it from a veterinary company online. I can get Frontline from my vet. Both are expensive, but it's better than an infestation.

Molly had a serious reaction to the flea med called Revolution. I got her to the vet in time for him to save her life so if you're going to use any of these flea prevention treatments, watch your pet for awhile after you use it to make sure they're not having a negative reaction.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:33 am 

One of my outdoor cats is allergic to Frontline, so she doesn't get treated. Another is terribly allergic to flea bites so she gets a shorter span between treatments.

My three indoor cats get staggered treatments. One cat each month. That way, each cat has less of the side effects to deal with but the house stays flea free.

These are wonder treatments to be sure!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:05 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I treat my two cats and dog with Frontline also. I'd had a couple severe flea problems (never so that I had to flea bomb the house), but enough to at least make me upgrade the flea treatment I was using. My boyfriend was so severly bit by a flee three years ago, that he still has a scar on his leg. However, I would never for a second think about giving up my animals or not having them because of something like fleas...and neither would my bf.