It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal Pictures!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:03 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I think it's time to share some animal pictures. I know I posted a lot, but trust me, I have TONS more...It was hard to narrow it down to just these few...
:wink:

This is my 14 year old, female chihuahua, Ida.

This is my 5 year old, male cat, KittyBoy.

This is my 4 year old, female cat, Luna.

Kitty/Puppy love:

This is my 12 year old female cat, Soot, who lives with my mom. :(

Hope everyone else will share!

Last edited by jobot on Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jobot, when I click on your links, I get SORRY. FORBIDDEN.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:27 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

hmm..they're just small pics to me. ...ok, I'll fix 'em in a bit.
Anyone want to add some of their pics in the meantime? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:36 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ok, they're fixed....I hope others will post their pics.!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

you can see actual pictures of the devil at this web site. i managed to get two photos of him while he wasn't destroying anything, but this is what the devil looks like in case you've ever wondered:

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/mga_01/?

as for the dog....i have couple of her, but she's pictured here:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

What a pretty kitty...and a gorgeous dog! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

jobot wrote:
What a pretty kitty...and a gorgeous dog! :D

ha...don't let the looks fool you!! that cat is the reincarnation of lucifer....i am not kidding. by the way, he loves ham lunchmeat, but doesn't like roast beef or turkey...go figure. the dog.....dogs have to be the only animal that will literally eat themselves to death if given the chance. but, she (the dog) is my shadow...no matter where i go..the dog is there.

the cat......grrrrrrr...i believe his purpose in life is to merely break my balls any and every chance he gets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I understand devil cats. ...KittyBoy does stuff to intentionally piss me off. His worst habit is scratching on the couch. Grrr He'll start scratching and I'll yell at him, but he'll just keep doing it. He'll wait until he makes me get up and then go running off. Sometimes when he scratches he'll peek around the corner of the couch to look at me...and smile. I swear to god. Brat. Leather couches are ruined. :| His second worst habit is chewing on cords. If I'm on the computer and he's not getting enough attention, he'll start chewing on the monitor cords. ...Or I'm watching tv and once again he's not getting what he wants, so he'll go chew on cords behind the tv. ...He's such a troublemaker.
Luna's worst problem is whining. She's a spoiled little princess...and anytime we walk into the kitchen means tuna time! (Didn't you know?) She'll just sit there "waa"ing. It's not a meow as much of a whine. She's ssooo spoiled...but at least she's a happy, well fed cat. Oh, she also begs like a dog. Anytime we're eating burgers or sandwiches, she'll come beg (and whine the whole time) for a bite of burger or turkey. :D It's very cute.
Ida's my shadow, too. Plus, she thinks that anytime I'm sitting down means she's suppose to be in my lap. :roll: She's a good dog, though...very loyal. Kitties are good too...except when the boy's causing trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:30 am 

I don't have pictures, but have seven cats--all strays that showed up here hungry and needy. Many more have gone to cat heaven because they were too wild to keep. When they attack my cats, and especially when they attack me, over they have to go. $40 per case, and there have been far too many.

My outside cats came as a group. Two females with their nine kittens. The kittens were not even as big as my fist--really newborns. They were and are so scary they can not stand to be indoors. I hate having outisde cats but have no other choice.

Two of the inside cats came the year before 'the herd' showed up. I was outside feeding other strays when something kept hitting the fence. I thought someone was throwing something at it but it turned out to be two kittens throwing themselves at the fence trying to get to the food. They took a flying leap and bounced off the fence time after time. They also were about the size of my fist. Little bitty guys.

One looked like it was wearing a herringbone suit, so I called him 'Fella'. The other is all black and smelled awful. She was temporarily called 'P.U.'. When it came time to have them neutered it turned out the 'fella' is female so her name is 'Faala'. I hadn't thought of a name for the black one yet so her name went down as 'U'.

Faala and U were very happy until a white cat with a black tail came--so full of vinegar he drove everyone nuts. He is named 'Casper' for obvious reasons. He is now a huge cat, tall and 18 pounds of whipping energy or a sleeping paperweight. When I am asleep he climbs and finds all the things I have hidden from him. He drags them all over the house, but they usually end up in his water dish. They all love to play in the water dish.

Now I REALLY have to keep the tiolet seat down!

Of the outside nine kittens, only two have survived. Fred Astaire was killed in the road. He used to 'tap dance' down the road, and was a sight to behold. I got a big kick out of my black cat wearing his tux and white spats, dancing down the road. Never saw anything like it before.

Buddy just disappeared. BR was HUGE. Never knew what happened to him either. There were twins, Lewis and Clark. Clark was the first to be killed by a car.

And Beemer--named BMW (black, mostly white) was a fantasitc cat! Every inch of him shined brightly. He could be spotted clear across a field, shining in the morning sun. That is when he liked to hunt, first thing in the morning. Until the day when the school bus zoomed by too fast. I tried to save him, but it would have taken big $$$ and I don't have big $$$.

It broke my heart, but then, every one of them breaks my heart--even the mean ones when they have to be put down. I love every @*&%@ animal that comes along. One can never find a friend that will remain as true as an animal that looks to you to keep it safe. Even when you have not kept it safe...

Actually, I am a dog person but can't take care of a dog anymore. Cats don't replace dogs, but they are so much fun I would hate to be without their company. Besides, now I can be the 'crazy lady with all the cats' that people love to talk about.

Everyone who has observed that black cats are 'different' is right, my indoor black cat scares the wits out of the other cats, even the outdoor ones. When she glares through the door at them they run and hide. Not sure what she is saying with that glare, but I guess she has a little of GWB in her. Casper would make three of her, but she is the ruler of the property. Faala just stays in her corner and tries to not be noticed.

So that is my 'family'. Sorry I don't have pictures, I love the ones you have posted. Beautiful animals, all of them!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:39 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Don't you just love being the crazy cat lady? :lol: I'm a crazy squirrel lady myself. hehe I put nuts out on my back porch and sit out there while the squirrels come eat. I've made friends with quite a few, and some eat the nuts right out of my hands and let me pet them. I haven't made any squirrel friends yet, since moving to Florida, but do hope to have some soon.
As for stray animals, well, most of the animals I've had have been strays. My dog was a stray that approached my dad at an AA meeting, so he took her in. KittyBoy peeked his head in through our backdoor one day a few years back, smelling like all sorts of garbage, and never left. (Of course, we also turned him into an inside cat, but when he does get out, he always comes back in a few hours.) We adopted Luna from the pound, so that KittyBoy would have a kitty companion. In my opinion, the pound should be the first and only place you go to find an animal. Quite a few dogs I've had were adopted from the pound, too. One, in fact, was suppose to be put down the day before we were there, but they just happened to put it off for a day. We were told that and immediately took her in. I got my childhood cat, Soot, from one of my mom's coworkers. They found her, as a kitten, lying in the middle of the road. She had been hit by a car and was paralyzed. She had a remarkable and complete recovery. Two other cats we had were strays from around my moms work, and when the company relocated, she didn't want to abandon them, so we took them home with us. Anyways, the list goes on and on... You know I even had a pet opossum when I was young. Blossom Opossum was her name. Anyways, I love hearing stories about how much people care about animals, and felt like sharing a tiny bit, too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:22 am 

You know how very religious people don't really trust people who have no religion? Well, I don't really trust people who don't have any feelings for animals.

I know so many people who cluck, cluck about anyone who cares about animals. "They are not human." Well, no, they are much more fun than humans--you are missing so much!

Hunting season is coming up and shotguns are being fired every day, they sound like cannons. I can't imagine the 'fun' of pumping an arrow or gunshot into a bird or animal, but am not totally against hunting either.

We have destroyed habitat so drastically hunters are needed to keep species from overpopulating and starving to death. A GOOD hunter is one who is sure of his shot and if he wounds an animal, will follow it and make sure it does not suffer. Unfortunately, there are more people who are not good hunters than who are.

But I always worry about my outside animals during hunting season--some people just like to destroy...

AND, like you, I find the shelters the best place to find a companion animal. From the time I was born we have had both cats and dogs, sometimes birds too, and they have come from shelters or as strays.

They are wonderful additions to our lives!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:02 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I can't believe that more people don't want to share pictures of their beautiful pets! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:06 am 

Yes, jobot. Maybe we have to keep this thread to the top of the list?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I would say so! ...but more people need to start participating, too. I thank you for your comments and mga for his pics. Where's everyone else? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:34 pm 

Picture of my silly pooch.