It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:53 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Quote:
I don't know how long it will take for that memory to fade, or at least the pain of it to fade. In time, all will be good. Its not too bad right now, just that tinge of sadness that wont let go

You don't want it to fade, CE...keep the memories and the sadness will be the only thing that fades. You will smile later on when you remember things like this...I promise. You will be so glad you held onto the memories.

You're a very good writer...may I suggest that you sit down and write an OPETUARY...an obituary for Sasha. I've done that for each of the pets I've lost and it helps so much. It seems to lend dignity to their passing. We do it for humans, and we should do it for our animal friends, as well.

Go to the Magic Carpet and write about Sasha...poems, thoughts, stories, whatever you want to.

I wish I knew how to post photos of my pets here at TVNL...maybe TUT can tell us how.

As each day passes, the sadness will diminish. There will be "swell-ups," times when the grief will overwhelm you and make you feel like you're back to the day Sasha died, but eventually they, too, will become less frequent. Then, you will be able to remember Sasha with those smiles.

Crimson Eagle, I am sorry to hear about Sasha. I have had to bring dogs to the vet to be put down because of their pain.

I have found that memories of the pain fade with time, and the love remains. May Sasha remain in your heart and may her memory be a blessing for you and your family.