It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WHY WAS THERE NO INTERVENTION?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25279129/]5-year-old boy suffered 'unbearable' abuse
L.A. agencies blamed for repeatedly missing chances to rescue victim
[/url]

LOS ANGELES - The little boy's body was a study in pain.

He was covered in cigarette burns, including to his genitals. He couldn't fully open his hand because it had been burned on a stove. His tooth was broken with a nerve exposed. And he had been made to sit in his own urine and feces, U.S. authorities say.

As the 5-year-old remains hospitalized by kidney failure brought on from malnutrition, two county supervisors are blaming welfare and law enforcement agencies for missing earlier chances to rescue the child from what police say were months of "unbearable psychological and physical abuse."

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:27 am 

another story that wells up the tears in my eyes.........

............a very difficult story for me to read.........i couldn't finish the whole thing.

my hate for these types of people knows now known depth. the only thing these people deserve is that of an instant death sentence to be carried out in the same tortuous method they've inflicted themselves.

another problem i have is how unbelievably apathetic and oblivious our present day society is. i know that when i look at other children that i don't just look casually but i take the time to see if there are any signs of any type of abuse and if so i DO make it my responsibilty to notify the proper authorities.

and if i were to come upon an actual abusive act being comitted i would instantly take the physical initiative to STOP the abuse whether physical or verbal.

............i can't write any more in this post.........too much pain for me to talk about .

sorry guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dear rooster...I know how you feel. I don't post these stories to be morbid or to somehow make all who read them feel awful or sad. I post them to help RAISE AWARENESS that the smallest and most defenseless among us are suffering, too.

There are human monsters who breed and their young are at their mercy. Not much is being done anymore to educate the masses about the need for birth control. Not much is being done about the need to educate young people about their responsibilities...and the absolute need for them to accept responsibility for their actions.

RAISE AWARENESS...absolutely essential, not just for impeachment and other political issues, but for social issues, too. They tend to go hand in hand...leaders have no morals, so far too many of those they are leading have none, either.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:53 am 

i understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:38 am 

Speaking of the need to raise awareness and availability of birth control...Yesterday I was at the pharmacy and there was a little business card size display thingy that had a card about how people in the US are so weird about sex that they allow people to have children rather than let them know of the easy and cheap availability of condoms. It also talked about how we have the highest instances of STDs of any other civilized nation in the world. All of this because we blindly and stupidly pretend that people don't have sex and that if we just don't mention it everything will just work out fine on its own.