It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Battle For Your Mind ...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The Battle For Your Mind ...

Persuasion & Brainwashing Techniques Being Used On The Public Today

By Dick Sutphen

http://www.trans4mind.com/spiritual/brainwashing.htm

I'm Dick Sutphen and this text is a version of the talk I delivered at the World Congress of Professional Hypnotists Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. Although this carries a copyright to protect it from unlawful duplication for sale by other companies, in this case, I invite individuals to make copies and give them to friends or anyone in a position to communicate this information.

Although I've been interviewed about the subject on many local and regional radio and TV talk shows, large-scale mass communication appears to be blocked, since it could result in suspicion or investigation of the very media presenting it or the sponsors that support the media. Some government agencies do not want this information generally known. Nor do the Born-Again Christian movement, cults, and many human-potential trainings.

Everything I will relate only exposes the surface of the problem. I don't know how the misuse of these techniques can be stopped. I don't think it is possible to legislate against that which often cannot be detected; and if those who legislate are using these techniques, there is little hope of affecting laws to govern usage. I do know that the first step to initiate change is to generate interest. In this case, that will probably only result from an underground effort.

In talking about this subject, I am talking about my own business. I know it, and I know how effective it can be. I produce hypnosis and subliminal tapes and, in some of my seminars, I use conversion tactics to assist participants to become independent and self-sufficient. But, anytime I use these techniques, I point out that I am using them, and those attending have a choice to participate or not. They also know what the desired result of participation will be.

All the rest here --> http://www.trans4mind.com/spiritual/brainwashing.htm

SI--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Excellent and interesting article SI.

I wonder if all humans practice this at a subconscious level, not knowing what they do.

Our lives consist of what we believe to be true. Much of what we believe to be true in born from the beliefs of what other people believe. Much of the time, without critical thinking, without a real examination of other facts or possibility's, we come to a firm belief that has not been fully substantiated. We then hold onto these beliefs with a death grip, so blinded to any other possibility that we refuse to allow ourselves to change.

Without a thought, we will discard anything that is in opposition to what we have come to believe. We refuse to examine within ourselves any other data that we receive, not with an open mind at least. Automatically biased, we do not believe it to be true so we make it not true no matter the fact that there are other viable possibility's.

Even when there are not only possibility's, but verifiable facts that absolutely prove our beliefs to be incorrect, we choose to ignore these fact's, lessen them to an inconsequential status, lest they shatter what we have come to believe.

This is the danger of both organized religion and politics. These two entity's are exactly the same in all aspects. Both are governing body's and both have the exact same pitfalls and both have experienced the same mistakes.

It is a shame that so many still feel the need to be governed by outside forces. It is a shame that so many refuse to govern themselves. It is a shame that we do not realize that it is only through ourselves that we can realize a higher potential and have a better world.

There are certain quality's that all of humanity recognize as being GOOD. Love, Hope, Acceptance of minor differences, Kindness, Compassion, Empathy, Peace, among others.

If there ever comes a day that all of humanity comes to realize that all of these good quality's can only be born from within us, THEN, and only then will we have a better world.

These things cannot come from any outside force. As soon as we put these GOOD traits that we desire into the hands of another we have attempted to relinquish responsibility for our own actions.

By willingly giving up these to those who would be our leaders, it is not only likely, it is inevitable that those would come along whom reside in the most base form of humanity.
These people are selfish, manipulative, dishonest, sly, self serving, egotistical, brutal, among many other vile things. These people desire that we bow them and their so called wisdom. If we do not bow to them then they lash out in rage. There is no low that they will not stoop, no harm that they will not bring, no evil that they will not commit, in order to bring us under the heel of their rule.

There IS a higher form of government and resides inside each and everyone of us. It is up to ourselves to not only recognize this, but to embody all the form's that we as humanity recognize as the higher potentials, the higher possibility's that we can achieve. Others cannot do this for us. It has to come from within.

It is this message that is lacking in today's society, it is this message that we have let slip. FIND IT WITHIN YOURSELF.

I wonder. Does it appear that I am preaching? In anything that I have written does it appear that I am trying to brainwash, to force acceptance of dogmatic principles, or to even listen to what I say?

We should not accept anything that another person says until we contemplate, minutely examine for any flaws what so ever, be able to recognize within ourselves what is truth and what is false. It is this that we must somehow teach each other to strive for. It is only through this way that humanity can possibly reach its highest potential.

Of course I am just rehashing what many others have said throughout the ages. I have come to accept what they have all said as the truth. I guess that I have been brainwashed. No, I have not lost my mind. I have thrown it away.

CrimsonEagle

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

When we are born we are aware of nothing. As years go by we grow up in the system and learn. We become aware of the World around us. You may know where I am going here, but I want to point out one important thing before I go on. It really is and has been (for a very long time,) "a battle for the mind." We can also call it brain washing. I often wondered why so many videos and some TV shows contained so many flashes? Now, I know why. They've always studied the human mind and how different things effects us. So, we know what we think we know, but a lot of what we know is what they have been telling us all these years. Like they tell us certain stuff is good for us and we really should know some of it is not. People should always seek truth, but like you say, many believe certain things just because others do. Think about children and parents.

Critical thinking and human attention spans, were almost gone. You may not believe this, but I think the internet has helped in this area. Why? I believe the number of critical thinkers is on the rise. This is so because critical thinkers are meeting more critical thinkers. People are learning what they think is the truth and is only through much discussion, true investigation in a non-censored environment. Internet Censorship is our biggest enemy. Not everything can be proven and especially so when there are those who work to deceive people and keep them from some certain truth or truths. Yes, people can be wrong and many hate to admit. they just close their eyes and refuse to see. Some people are just wrong and want to be. Damned if I can figure that out.

Quote: CrimsonEagle - There are certain quality's that all of humanity recognize as being GOOD. Love, Hope, Acceptance of minor differences, Kindness, Compassion, Empathy, Peace, among others. -- If there ever comes a day that all of humanity comes to realize that all of these good quality's can only be born from within us, THEN, and only then will we have a better world.

If humanity should figure that out, I agree that it would be a wonderful world.
I think honesty is very important also. People need to be honest and not just with
others, but with themselves first.

There is to many things going on in this world that are immoral, cruel and senseless. This "could" be a better world if the controllers and manipulators were not part of it.
This puts humanity between a rock and a hard place. People think by doing nothing, they are not taking part. They are part of the problem, because they don't speak up
or try to work for change. They just remain silent and divided. If our masters ever did anything that effected us all so much, twas the age old - divide and concur.

Quote: CrimsonEagle - Of course I am just rehashing what many others have said throughout the ages. I have come to accept what they have all said as the truth. I guess that I have been brainwashed. No, I have not lost my mind. I have thrown it away.

Yup, I know and I find myself doing the same thing sometimes. If you had come to except "their" truths - why are you here? No, you can think critically, you are very intelligent and well read. You have not thrown your brain away.

I must say, It really pains me to watch people as sincere as many seem to be, run around in the in a maze of conspiracy theories constructed to disguise the real truths. You are right .. We should find our own truths and we should look in every nook and cranny for it, if need be. We should think hard and long and contemplate.

We should never become pawns of pawns or puppets of puppets.

SI--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:00 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Yup, I know and I find myself doing the same thing sometimes. If you had come to except "their" truths - why are you here

To expose the ROOT

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Tis the way!

The Root is old and isn't as well hidden as one might think. The root has given us wars, revolution, civil strife, confiscation, subversion, indoctrination, manipulation, outright deception and etc. So many are in servitude and the root knows this. It will be interesting to see what it does to continue to convince them of certain things.

I have to go .. more another time.

SI--