It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is it eutopian
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

... to imagine a society without murder?

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:18 am 

My all time favorite piece of music: Imagine.

I think it is sane to imagine a society without murder.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:00 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It is something to imagine as real. There seems to be a new mindset needed for people to understand the importance of getting along. First would be greed to deal with.

Imagine there's no greed. da da dada da
it isn't hard to do
No unnecessary need da da da dada
just love for we and you
Imagine all you people sharing and caring today
You who o-o-o-ooo you may say I need money
And I'm not the only one
Someday you may come to realize
That this world cannot maintain this fun

Imagine there's no ignorance da da dada da.......

You could write a whole song based on that too!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What used to be sanity is no longer and what was insanity is the New World Order. There's not a lot of space between us and the other animals. We're simply thinking animals, anyway. When we cease to THINK, then we've lost that small edge. The opening years of the 21st century have proven to be violent and bloody both internationally and nationally. Reading about the young people shot execution-style in New Jersey really brings it home.

When we have ceased to value human life in the way we have for the last several years, I'm afraid it's awfully hard to imagine a time when things will be back to the way they used to be, especially in America. I know, I know, it hasn't been all whiskey and roses, but at least America was somewhat different...until Bushco took over. I also think overpopulation is a big factor in causing us to be unable or unwilling to imagine a world without murder. And until overpopulation is addressed realistically and without regard for the religious aspects of its dangers, nothing will get any better as far as our society goes. It will only get worse. :cry:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:05 am 

I agree on overpopulation being a root cause in much violence. But another factor comes to mind also.

Think of all the people to whom we have introduced violence. One aspect alone--the damage we have done to our own service people who have seen far too much violence. Will they ever get over it? Will they be able to live with what they have seen?

The United States has not mentored kindness. We should all think seriously about what has happened to our country.

I know WE do, how do we get that message out to others?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:18 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Imagine there's no greed. da da dada da
it isn't hard to do
No unnecessary need da da da dada
just love for we and you
Imagine all you people sharing and caring today
You who o-o-o-ooo you may say I need money
And I'm not the only one
Someday you may come to realize
That this world cannot maintain this fun

I listened to Alan Combs show last night. He had a clip of a man sobbing because he became disabled and had to quit working after 20 some years in a paper mill. The man said his former employer filed bankruptcy and he lost his insurance. He could not afford to pay for health care for his wife of 35 years. He was asking the presidential candidates what they were going to do about the health care crisis in this country.

The callers who called into the show were hateful a** h***s. One said the wife needed to get up off her ass and get a job.

Another caller was a doctor who asked Alan, "Do you think health care is a givin and I am supposed to practice for free?" He said he likes it the way it is. Some can pay and some haven't earned the right to health care!

It was awful. Alan did manage to put them in their place. These people will not think twice about their tax dollars going to kill people in Iraq.....but heaven help you if you want their tax dollars to help a fellow American who needs medical care.

I am ashamed I am an American. After visiting Peru and seeing how they treat foreigners with open arms (even if they think we are crazy for re-electing Bush). I could even pull money out of a money machine and I got to choose my language (had the choice of 3 languages) and no one was bitching about it. Not one person said, "learn Spanish or go home." Most of them tried to speak English for me! But, in most countries, they learn English. It is mandatory in school. In our country it is a "choice" to learn a second language. And now there is another topic for "why we don't keep up with the rest of the world", so I'll stop.

I think I am going to retire to another country. I don't want to be here when they line up senior citizens and shoot them. I also want to be in a country where I can get my meds I need for my senior years.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:47 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It's just great to have you chime in again sadie. I agree whole heartedly about getting out of our little world and seeing what's really going on. But Americans are so fear filled and afraid to mingle with "The Others" that they won't venture far from their resort or cruise ships and mingle with real people. Your visit to Peru has really shown how much we need to become aware of the privileged place America occupies in the world. We're so sheltered from wars and starvation that we don't believe these things really exist or shape who we are or will come to our shores.

There was an article posted here somewhere about a guy who went on a boat cruise with a group of Bush supporters and pretended to agree with them so as to be accepted by them. It was humorous and scary at the same time.

There may be some talking points here for medicare in America. Turns out there are doctors in Canada that still support medicare. When Tommy Douglas(OUR HERO) first started medicare in Saskatchewan, he was up against the Doctors of that province. It got so bad that doctors from Britain had to volunteer to go to Saskatchewan to fill in for the striking doctors. They fired up the people with scare tactics and tried their best to break him. But he and these British doctors persevered and eventually the doctors became the bad guys. It is a story of people overcoming the greatest of obstacles- greed- to eventually succeed in Saskatchewan and when T.C. Douglas became the leader of the New Democratic party, he brought his idea to Parliament and got the legislation passed for medicare in Canada. A hero's journey indeed!

Anyway here's the site- http://www.canadiandoctorsformedicare.ca/mainpage.html

There's an article from July 27 and May as well that go into comparisons about our systems. Our system is under attack from private interests and NAFTA may be used against us to tear it down as an unfair trade practice- Sickos. Post-Modernity -go figure- you find a good thing and someone wants it torn down so they can capitalize on it. What a whirrled. :roll:

I'm moving to New Zealand when the shit hits the fan and hiding in the mountains there!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:26 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Sicko is a damn good documentary especially the last half. It shows just how far the U.S. is behind in caring for it's population. We are a serious 'dog it dog' society.

TUT