It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chris Matthews Battles Nancy Pfotenhauer Over Palin Ignoranc
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chris Matthews Battles Nancy Pfotenhauer Over Elementary School Civics

Yesterday, Sarah Palin was asked to describe the duties of the Vice President, which is something she'd never before been briefed on by anyone other than maybe Dick Cheney, because she answered by straight making stuff up off the top of her topsy-tailed dome:

Quote:
PALIN: A Vice President has a really great job because not only are they there to support the President's agenda, they are like the team member, the teammate to the president. They are in charge of the United States Senate. If they want to, they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that make life better.

Oh. But? No! Of course, the Vice President is not "in charge" of the Senate, and, similarly, does not have the opportunity to "really get in there with the senators" and "make a lot of good policy." I know this to be the case because, if Palin became Vice President, she'd face a Senate run by ... uhm ... the Democratic Party. I also know this because I successfully graduated from elementary school.

But someone had to go on Hardball tonight and battle Chris Matthews over this weird statement from Palin, and, apparently, "real Virginian" Nancy Pfotenhauer drew the short straw. Since she couldn't just go on and say something truthful like, "Chris, look. I don't know if you've noticed, but our Veep candidate is sort of a dumbass with a lot of pluck," she instead had to say weird crap like this:

Quote:
I'm not a Constitutional scholar, but I have been reading a commentary on this that seems to be that people are parsing her words and she was trying to explain to a young child what the Vice President would do.

Well, even if Palin was trying to explain to a "young child what the VP would do" it's WRONG and to misinform a THIRD GRADER about something as important as the Constitutional role of the VP is DOUBLY WRONG! AND I doubt if Palin was talking indirectly to the third grader. She's not as smart as a third grader.

Where does this Pfotenhauer woman get off making like it's ok to falsify an educational fact to a child who has asked a sensible question? The least any VP candidate should be able to do is tell this smart kid the TRUTH and give him an accurate job description of the VP!

Sarah Palin makes Bush look like a genius.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman