It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why Did Obama Diss Helen Thomas?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why Did Obama Diss Helen Thomas?

I love Helen Thomas. During the past eight years she was the only reporter who stood up to Bush, took on this rotten war, and, in general, acted like a journalist. Last night, the great hall looked like it was populated by a president, a reporter, and 11th graders from local high school newspapers. I think I saw a cub reporter from the Dillon, Texas high school paper. (sadly, not Lilah Garrity).

Ms. Thomas' moment came when she asked the president about nuclear proliferation. Her question ended with the query: does he know of any Middle Eastern state with nukes?

Why did she ask that? She asked it to see if Obama would refuse to respond as previous presidents have. The answer is Israel, of course. And everyone knows it. In fact, the State Department has published reams of material about JFK's concern about the Israeli bomb. Israeli politicians talk about it. Every Arab in the world knows about it. And Israel's nukes are its number one deterrent against attack by Iran -- and everyone knows that too.

But Israel has a policy of not talking about its nukes in any official capacity because acknowledging them might lead to Israel having to sign the NPT and opening itself up to nuclear inspection.

So Israeli Prime Ministers try (not always successfully) not to acknowledge that Israel has a nuclear arsenal while ensuring that everyone knows it does.

That may be a sensible policy...for Israel.

But why is it our policy? Why is the American president forbidden from being honest on such a critical subject. Answer: there is no reason, unless we are to believe that Israeli policy guidelines, by definition, apply here as well.

So why did Obama refuse to answer? Simple. Because if he did, the media would have reported it as a gaffe. Reporters either know nothing about the Middle East or, for the most part, have adopted Israel's perspective.

Had Obama spoken the truth, the media would have made his "blunder" the story of the night.
He cannot afford that because, frankly, we have more important things to worry about, like rescuing the economy.

So I don't fault Obama. But I salute Helen Thomas. Next time she should ask how he felt about those pictures that came out of Gaza. As the father of those two precious girls, we all know how he felt. But it would help America in the eyes of the world if he'd just say it.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Why Did Obama Diss Helen Thomas?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Unfortunately our elected leaders are mice in a corner surrounded by the lion of Israel/AIPAC/ZOA/neocons/jewspeak(corporate media) etc.

They all cower in fear knowing that the anti-semite card will be brandished if they dare say anything that the 'elders of Zion' do not approve of. No president did more for Israel than Carter, yet they branded him as anti-semite for his acclaimed book on Israeli/Palestinian apartheid. All he did was say that Palestine also has a right to exist.

Of course I believe in Israel's right to exist. Who doesn't? But our inability to even question anything that Israel does is neither moral or strategic.

They force all Congressional candidates to write an Israeli position paper. Then they force the candidate to frequently re-iterate their forced confession. If they say anything that questions Isreali policy, they are branded as anti-semite...at the very least. They may also be branded as a "dangerous enemy to Israel" or even "the most dangerous enemy to Israel." It has cost many elections. Their funding and organization is in a league of its own. No other lobby even touches AIPAC. Side note...almost all of the profiles in courage who dared to question Isreal before losing their election...were Republicans. Spine is not a Democratic strong point apparently.

They even branded Howard Dean aas an anti-semite when Dean questioned Israeli policy. Dean married a Jew and has Jewish children. He has consistently acted on Israel's behalf. But he stumbed once and immediately felt the wrath of Israel upon his neck.

That was about the time that I heard three separate radio D.J.'s say "We don't want him, he yelled."
At different stations, they all read the same prepared script.

We need to face the music. America has been hi-jacked by AIPAC.

Even Israeli's say that America adheres to closely to Israeli policy. Americans dare not do so.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:39 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

What right does Israel have to exist? This is a country built on STOLEN LAND, STOLEN in 1948 with the help of the allied forces.

Why did these oh so generous demons decide to STEAL the land within another country to form a state for the Jewish RELIGION?

If they felt so bad, why did they not offer up some of their own land, freely and willingly rather that STEALING FORCEFULLY from another people? Is it because supposedly they lived there over 2000 years ago according to religious doctrine that has been tampered with at best, totally fabricated at worst?

Did these fools who helped to accomplish this theft really think that the people of Palestine would welcome this THEFT? Do they think they should just lay down and die while all of their land is STOLEN?

I do not have a problem with the Jewish in particular. They live all over the world and just like all other screwed up religions, many of them are peaceful people who only want to be left alone to worship this life in the way they see fit. MANY have bravely spoken out against the atrocity's this ILLEGAL, CRIMINAL state has been and are still committing in the name of Zionism.

I DO have a problem however with the very idea that Israel/Zionism has any RIGHT to exist. They do not want to assimilate, they want to conquer and control AS HAS BEEN SHOWN BY THEIR OWN ACTIONS AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. They do this because they believe that they are God's chosen people and they are justified. When people do a little study as to how the Zionists feel about all who are non Jew they do not believe it because the truth is more horrible than fiction.

I know what I would do if my land was stolen, my family killed, my livelihood destroyed, if I were pushed further and further into on giant concentration camp where when they decided to kill it would be like shooting fish in a barrel as they continue to deny us the basic necessity's of life. I would vow to kill them until they left MY land.

To hell with Israel and their so called right to exist. This is exactly where they are going to go. Hell. Along with this crooked, corrupt government who not only supports the genocide and theft of land but blocks all international efforts that condemns these actions.

Israel IS the powder keg that was placed within this region. It has done nothing but promote instability and suffering. Most of all though, it has promoted hate and this IS justified because I know god damn well that if I saw my wife or a child being killed I would hate them more than I love life.

I am sorry. I disagree with any assessment that Israel has any RIGHT to exist and I do so vehemently. Further more, as long as Israel exists, there is no possibility of peace....NONE.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:26 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

CE...please tell us how you REALLY feel next time.

ps.-there are arguments that the creation of Israel was made possible by the Irgun, the original 20th century Zionist terrorist group. They introduced the idea of passengers getting on buses with a bomb in their backpack. Irgun became the Likud war party which is the ruling party. Interesting history really.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:39 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Purple Tang wrote:
CE...please tell us how you REALLY feel next time.

ps.-there are arguments that the creation of Israel was made possible by the Irgun, the original 20th century Zionist terrorist group. They introduced the idea of passengers getting on buses with a bomb in their backpack. Irgun became the Likud war party which is the ruling party. Interesting history really.

Sorry man. I'm just tired of.......well, it really does not matter now does it. It is what it is.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Why Did Obama Diss Helen Thomas?

Because she is a pain in the ASS !!!!!!!! :bounce: