It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gibbs: ‘I was a little surprised’ by the speed of Steele’s a
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gibbs: ‘I was a little surprised’ by the speed of Steele’s apology ‘to the head of the Republican Party’

Within 24 hours of calling Rush Limbaugh “incendiary” and “ugly,” RNC Chairman Michael Steele had bowed down before the radio host, declaring, “There was no attempt on my part to diminish [Limbaugh’s] voice or his leadership.” When Press Secretary Robert Gibbs was asked about the episode today, Gibbs suggested Steele’s reply proved that Limbaugh is in fact the head of the Republican Party:

GIBBS: I was a little surprised at the speed in which Mr. Steele, the head of the RNC, apologized to the head of the Republican Party.

Watch it:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Gibbs: ‘I was a little surprised’ by the speed of Steele’s a
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:46 pm 

The only thing surprising about the speed of the apology is that it took so long. Limpballs has been complaining that because President Obama's father was from Africa he was expected to bend over and just take it. How nice for him to now have a Black man groveling before him as he feels is his due.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Re: Gibbs: ‘I was a little surprised’ by the speed of Steele’s a
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It looks like the latest White House strategy is to make one and all aware that the Obama admin sees Rush Limbaugh ( LIMPBALLS :lol: ) as indeed the head of the Repub party. I think it's a very interesting and probably quite effective strategy! Keep the crazies associated with the Republican "base." Let's see...Limbaugh/Palin in 2012 or will it be Limbaugh/Jindal...?????? :lol: Now there's a rare combination..."Limpballs/Jenidals" in 2012! :albino:

On edit: King Fisher posted a link in the Poli-Talk forum about how the Dems were turning this into political gold:

Quote:
Top Democrats believe they have struck political gold by depicting Rush Limbaugh as the new face of the Republican Party, a full-scale effort first hatched by some of the most familiar names in politics and now being guided in part from inside the White House.

The strategy took shape after Democrats included Limbaugh’s name in an October poll and learned their longtime tormentor was deeply unpopular with many Americans. Then the conservative talk-radio host emerged as an unapologetic critic of Barack Obama shortly before his inauguration, when even many Republicans were showering him with praise.

Soon it clicked: Democrats realized they could roll out a new GOP bogeyman for the post-Bush era by turning to an old one in Limbaugh, a polarizing figure since he rose to prominence in the 1990s.

Limbaugh is embracing the line of attack, suggesting a certain symbiosis between him and his political adversaries.

"The Administration is enabling me,” he wrote in an email to POLITICO. “They are expanding my profile, expanding my audience and expanding my influence. An ever larger number of people are now being exposed to the antidote to Obamaism: conservatism, as articulated by me. An ever larger number of people are now exposed to substantive warnings, analysis and criticism of Obama's policies and intentions, a ‘story’ I own because the [mainstream media] is largely the Obama Press Office.”

The bigger, the better, agreed Democrat James Carville. “It’s great for us, great for him, great for the press,” he said of Limbaugh. “The only people he’s not good for are the actual Republicans in Congress
.”

(From KF's link)

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Last edited by Catherine on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add new info