It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

sadie53 wrote:
Everytime I think nothing else could surprise me something or someone does. How people can be so gullable and blind when it come to this administration is beyond my comprehension.

Fox News could say that Bush grew wings and flies. Bucky and others would believe it, I'm sure. Anyone who said otherwise would be "those damn liberals" always trying to make a mockery of the truth.

It never ceases to amaze me. :?

Yeah, and it amazes me that dumbasses like Bucky point to Fox News ratings from January 2003 as evidence that conservative news media is still thriving, while ignoring the fact that they have lost about half of their viewers in the past year. It seems that reality is not of great importance to the brain dead, regressive, slack jawed, zombies, who still stare dumbly at the cynical, propagandist, Republican hacks employed by Fox News.

Post subject: A List of Questions for Those Still Approving Bush
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sick of the buckys and their stupidity. So, here are some good talking points to bring up when you're hit with the Bush-Culture of Corruption-approving, Fux News believing, braindead dumbasses:

1. Do you understand that no tangible, truthful reason has ever been given for the invasion of Iraq and that the 9/11 Commission Report – which is the de facto, official findings of our government – says there was no reason whatsoever for this war? http://www.gpoaccess.gov/911/

2. Have you ever heard of the Downing Street Memos? Would it interest you to know that these official notes, from the British Prime Minister's meeting on July 23, 2002, show that the Bush administration was dead-set on war with Iraq and twisting intelligence to fit that goal?

"There was a perceptible shift in attitude. Military action was now seen as inevitable," reported the secret memo, later published in the Sunday Times of London. "Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy. The NSC [National Security Council] had no patience with the UN route, and no enthusiasm for publishing material on the Iraqi regime's record. There was little discussion in Washington of the aftermath after military action."

You can go here to learn more: http://www.downingstreetmemo.com/

3. When you look at the picture of even one military man or woman killed in Iraq and imagine the pain their family must feel, can you multiply that by 2,134 and believe that was a worthwhile down payment on removing Saddam Hussein from power? Before you answer, are you aware that Iraq had nothing to do with any attacks on our country and that it has been proven that Saddam Hussein had no capability at all to harm our people?

See the 9/11 Commission Report for more information.

4. Do you approve of how ineffective the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has been rendered since 2000 and the deadly results in our inability to protect our own people in disasters -- even those for which we have plenty of warning? Were you surprised to find out that the campaign contributor President Bush appointed to be the recently-disgraced head of FEMA had no experience at all in disaster management?

5. Do you have health insurance? Are you aware that almost 46 million Americans have no medical insurance and that the Bush administration thinks this works just fine? Most of us parents have seen our young children suffer with a common ear infection. Imagine watching your child in that pain and how you would feel being powerless to get antibiotics to ease your child's suffering. Are you comfortable with children in America living in situations like that – and worse? http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www ... 05647.html

6. Is your family better off and more stable socially, medically and economically now than when Bill Clinton was president? Even assuming you are not an economist, how do you compare the 22.7 million jobs created by President Clinton's administration with a net loss of jobs -- a 4.6 percent decrease in total employment -- since Bush took office?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_creat ... tial_terms and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush

7. Did the photos of prisoner abuse released from Abu Ghraib – the worst are in litigation and still to come – make you proud of our country? http://www.antiwar.com/news/?articleid=2444

8. Do you ever lie awake at night and question how the world went from a mentality of "we are all Americans today" on September 12, 2001 to almost universally despising our country now? To what do you attribute this?

9. Do you understand that scientists have almost universally agreed that a Category 1 hurricane doesn't become a Category 5 overnight without the impact of significant global warming? Did you know that Team Bush doesn't believe in the concept? http://www.pewclimate.org/hurricanes.cfm#8

10. Do you believe it is good for your family and the future of your children that President Bush took the biggest federal budget surplus in U.S. history – amassed during the Clinton years – and turned it into the largest deficit ever in just his first term? What is your view of public policy that continues to give massive tax cuts to the richest Americans while doing nothing about our health-care crisis and, at the same time, cutting safety-net programs for children, the elderly, disabled Americans and Veterans?

11. Do you have a "support the troops" sticker on your car? How does this mesh with the fact that the Bush administration has cut Veterans benefits repeatedly and that the Republican Congress has on many occasions voted down Democrat-sponsored measures that would have provided physical and mental-health care funds for returning Iraq-war Vets? http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0328-11.htm

12. Have you heard the name Valerie Plame in the news and just not understood why? Did you know that she's the covert CIA officer outed by the Bush administration as retaliation against her husband, Ambassador Joe Wilson, who exposed a major lie used by the administration take us to war in Iraq? http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0706-02.htm

13. Did you know that the 44 Democrats in the U.S. Senate represent well over 50 percent of the country's population and yet Republicans have voted down almost 90 percent of legislation sponsored by Democrats in 2005?

14. The federal minimum wage has stayed below the poverty level -- $5.15 per hour –for almost a decade, creating a situation where a hard-working American, working 50-60 hours a week, still lives at or below the poverty line. Does that sound right to you? Are you aware that Democratic Senator Ted Kennedy brought minimum wage increases to the Senate floor twice in 2005 and they were shot down each time by the Republican majority?

15. Are you okay with the culture of corruption in the GOP that has the vice president's chief of staff indicted for perjury, Tom DeLay up on money-laundering charges and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist being investigated for insider trading – and that this may only be the tip of the iceberg?

If you are fully aware of everything I have cited here and can still say that you approve of George W. Bush, then we just flat-out have very different views of what America is suppose to be. But I have to ask: What happened to your love of country?

If this has given you food for thought, please do your own homework on these issues and use the information to make you more carefully consider who gets your vote in 2006 and 2008.

For the 60-65 percent of you who already think that the president is doing a lousy job, use these as talking points whenever anyone dares to talk about what a great leader we have in the White House.

yellowdogblog@gmail.com

Source: Yellow Dog Blog
http://bobgeiger.blogspot.com/2005/12/
questions-for-those-still-approving-of.html

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: WOW!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You have said it all sister. I am at a loss for words.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Go to the Yellow Dog Blog cite and thank the original author, sadie. That's what links are for, to give credit where it's due, and access for anyone who wants to do further research.

I think these types of questions should be seen by as many people as possible, ESPECIALLY people like dumbass bucky and those of his ilk. Perhaps eventually ALL people will start to demand answers from the Pretender, and certain members of his "court."

The sad part is that these questions should have already been asked by some brave, enterprising reporter at any news conference Bush has had in the past year. Go figure....

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: reporters
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I think reporters are afraid of losing their jobs. I believe they are told what they can and cannot ask (or report). I truly believe that Faux is not the only Faux news.

After all, look what happened to Dan Rather. If he had taken the time to make absolutely 100% sure the report was 100% accurate and the documents were 100% authentic rather than relying on a "reliable source" (as reporters often have to do to be the first to break a story)......he probably would have been told NOT to report it, or else.

I just wish reporters took an oath to report the TRUTH. If that would happen, several news stations and papers would not have any employees. Greed has gotten in the way of TRUTH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:07 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DUMBASS WROTE
Quote:
I think these types of questions should be seen by as many people as possible, ESPECIALLY people like dumbass bucky and those of his ilk.

HOW ABOUT STICKING YOUR LIES UP YOUR FAT ASS , THATS WHERE THEY BELONG.DUMBASS

WHAT A FUCKING CHILD YOU ARE WHEN YOUR FEATHERS ARE RUFFLED, GO PLAY IN ANOTHER SAND BOX IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE ME SHOVLING YOUR BULLSHIT BACK AT YOU, GIVE ME SOME REAL FUCKING PROOF , I'M SO SICK OF YOU BLABBING YOUR MOUTH "BUSH LIED BUSH LIED. FUCKING PROVE IT AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE SOME DAMN LIBERAL WEBSITE. FUCKING CONGRESS VOTED FOR THE WAR, WHY AREN'T YOU SCREAMING ABOUT CONGRESS AND YES IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO . IF YOU HAD A STITCH OF FREAKIN MORALS AND QUIT JUST CARING ABOUT YOURSELF FOR ONCE YOU WOULD SEE THAT. DUMBASS

Post subject: Oh my, such language for a Christian!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:27 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

What more proof do you need? Have you ever heard of a false prophet? I would not want to be in your Idol's shoes on judgement day. He used the Bible and his "faith" to sucker you people into voting for him. Now you are following blindly.

No one can give you any proof. If they give you a website - well it must be a liberal website. Did it ever occur to you that in order to report the truth you HAVE to be considered a liberal? Reporting the news, truthful news, is a liberal art. Your party has used the word liberal as a bad word for sooooooooooooooo long you have forgotten the true meaning.

Liberal only means opened minded. Looks at all the sides before making a decision. Conservative means - little or no change. Why flip the coin over and look at the other side when this side looks just fine. One way. NARROW minded. BLIND. Get it Bucky?

So why in the world should you look for the truth? You can't. Been brainwashed for so long there is only ONE way to think. I almost pity you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we've just shot old buckyboots out of the water with those questions. We hit a nerve. He sure does get angry when he can't answer such questions because he knows there are no truthful answers and the spin is getting a bit "thin." Besides that, all of his information comes from one source....Fux News, so he is rather limited in his information, besides being extremely limited intellectually.

Buckyboots, can you answer those questions? I know I've asked that same thing of you before, but so far all we get from you is the same old rants and stupidity...kind of like your president, Bushco. :lol:

This is a liberal website, bucky...just in case you've not figured that out...yet. :roll: If you don't like coming here where you're going to continue to be battered with the truth, then go somewhere else. You won't be missed.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

buckshot wrote:
GIVE ME SOME REAL FUCKING PROOF , I'M SO SICK OF YOU BLABBING YOUR MOUTH "BUSH LIED BUSH LIED. FUCKING PROVE IT AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE SOME DAMN LIBERAL WEBSITE.

That's easy Bucky.

Quote:
Bush defends interrogation practices: 'We do not torture'

PANAMA CITY — President Bush strongly defended U.S. interrogation practices for detainees held in the war on terrorism Monday, insisting, "We do not torture."

Quote:
[url=http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/11/20051111-1.html]President Commemorates Veterans Day, Discusses War on Terror
[/url]

That's why more than a hundred Democrats in the House and the Senate --who had access to the same intelligence -- voted to support removing Saddam Hussein from power.

Quote:
Some reports regarding Iraq never made it to Congress

WASHINGTON // President Bush, in defense of his decision to use force in Iraq, contends that Congress supported the decision and that it had access to the same intelligence available to the White House.

Not true.

The president and his key advisers, usually about five or six principals, receive the CIA's President's Daily Brief (PDB) five or six times a week. It contains sensitive intelligence, including raw intelligence that is not seen anywhere else in the policy community or on Capitol Hill.

The National Security Agency has very sensitive collections that often do not get into any publication other than the PDB and are distributed by hand to only one or two members of other intelligence agencies. The State Department has sensitive cables for embassies that are marked "eyes only" or "nodis," for no distribution, that are seen by only a few outside the department. These items certainly would not be seen on the Hill. The same is true for sensitive satellite imagery.

In addition to published and raw intelligence that is not seen even by the Senate and House intelligence committees, the president and his staff can task the CIA and other intelligence agencies for sensitive analysis on key aspects of the war in Iraq.

Quote:
Cheney, Libby Blocked Papers To Senate Intelligence Panel

Vice President Cheney and his chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, overruling advice from some White House political staffers and lawyers, decided to withhold crucial documents from the Senate Intelligence Committee in 2004 when the panel was investigating the use of pre-war intelligence that erroneously concluded Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, according to Bush administration and congressional sources.

The Intelligence Committee at the time was trying to determine whether the CIA and other intelligence agencies provided faulty or erroneous intelligence on Iraq to President Bush and other government officials.

Both Republicans and Democrats on the committee say that their investigation was hampered by the refusal of the White House to turn over key documents , although Republicans said the documents were not as central to the investigation.

In addition to withholding drafts of Powell's speech -- which included passages written by Libby -- the administration also refused to turn over to the committee contents of the president's morning intelligence briefings on Iraq , sources say. These documents, known as the Presidential Daily Brief, or PDB, are a written summary of intelligence information and analysis provided by the CIA to the president.

One congressional source said, for example, that senators wanted to review the PDBs to determine whether dissenting views from the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research, the Department of Energy, and other agencies that often disagreed with the CIA on the question of Iraq's programs to develop weapons of mass destruction were being presented to the president.

An administration spokesperson said that the White House was justified in turning down the document demand from the Senate , saying that the papers reflected "deliberative discussions" among "executive branch principals" and were thus covered under longstanding precedent and executive privilege rules. Throughout the president's five years in office, the Bush administration has been consistently adamant about not turning internal documents over to Congress and other outside bodies.

That is obviously a lie, since the White House still refuses to turn over PDBs concerning Iraq intelligence, which Congress has never seen.

Those are LIES Bucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Gee......ummmmm....... :scratch: if only the guy acting as president of this here United States would turn over those documents. He could prove to all the dear old Buckys that he isn't a liar........... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:09 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

sadie53 wrote:
Gee......ummmmm....... :scratch: if only the guy acting as president of this here United States would turn over those documents. He could prove to all the dear old Buckys that he isn't a liar........... :D

Well, it would be nice if he would turn over the intelligence he has kept from Congress. But, it's too late to prove he isn't a liar. He already lied when he said Congress had the same intelligence he had. So, no matter what he does from this point forward, he still lied.

What may be even more disturbing is the fact that he lied about torture when he was in Panama. Since he was out of the country, that lie was broadcast worldwide. He had to know that the entire world had already seen the pictures from Abu Ghraib, yet he lied knowing that the whole world knew he was lying.

What kind of person lies to the whole world, when he knows the whole world has seen the pictures and knows he is lying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:29 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
What kind of person lies to the whole world, when he knows the whole world has seen the pictures and knows he is lying?

Someone who is arrogant, spoiled, and feels he can do anything he wants with no consequences because he is who he (thinks) he is. He feels he is above reproach. He gets that cocky grin on his face that says, "just watch me".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

sadie53 wrote:
Quote:

Someone who is arrogant, spoiled, and feels he can do anything he wants with no consequences because he is who he (thinks) he is. He feels he is above reproach. He gets that cocky grin on his face that says, "just watch me".

Yeah, and he can only get away with lying like that to the whole world because his base of support is made up of global military-industrial corporatists and neo-con imperialists (who are happy that he is lying), fundamentalist theocrats (who revel in his crusade against and torture of non-christians), and knuckleheaded sheeple (like Bucky) who refuse to believe their own eyes and ears when their Bushgod lies to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:57 pm 

Plus Bushie has the button to unleash the largest collection of Weapons of Mass Destruction to fuck up the world forever.

That village idiot has nuclear weapons- WE ARE ALL FUCKED :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ontheoutside wrote:
Plus Bushie has the button to unleash the largest collection of Weapons of Mass Destruction to fuck up the world forever.

That village idiot has nuclear weapons- WE ARE ALL FUCKED :shock:

Nah, that is one thing Bush won't do. Global corporatists realize that blowing up the entire Earth is bad for profits.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next