It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'm not new...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:25 am 
I just wanted to point out that a society, whether big or small, can be influenced by what media they have available to them. Perhaps somebody says something to the contrary of somebody that is in power. Should their words be stricken from the record in order to lead the recipient of said media down a preconceived path?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

In a free society, people SHOULD have more than one source of information. The truly wise will use everything at their disposal... those that have closed minds, or are partisan, only use those sources that support their own views. :twisted:

Welcome back, beat...

:twisted:

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:52 pm 
TheStripey1 wrote:
In a free society, people SHOULD have more than one source of information. The truly wise will use everything at their disposal... those that have closed minds, or are partisan, only use those sources that support their own views. :twisted:

Welcome back, beat...

:twisted:

Thanks for the welcome Stripey. I like to think that people should be able to voice any opinion they may have in a free society. And I think all should be free to do so.

Where has this thread been moved to anyways?

Edit: Ahh...Its in the media section. I suppose I was speaking of the media. This media here I guess. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It sure as hell didn't belong in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF forum. :roll:

THINK before you post as to where your rant is best suited. A mod or I will move any post if it's not in the appropriate forum. That has nothing to do with free speech, either. It's called thinking before you hit the submit button.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:57 pm 
Catherine wrote:
It's called thinking before you hit the submit button.

Catherine

Very powerful words indeed. I will try to remember to think about what you would think is appropriate before posting again. Thanks in advance for your understanding of my feeble brain spasms.

Watch out, its a long way to fall of that high horse of yours.... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:47 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Listen up beat...

we now have moderators to keep the peace and enforce the rules as set out by the owner of the board...

So please do your part as a responsible poster to follow our rules and more than likely you and we will not have any problems... :twisted:

and beat?

sassing the admin does not make for a good first (re)impression...

:twisted: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :twisted:

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Watch out, its a long way to fall of that high horse of yours....

hmmmmm...that could almost be perceived as a threat. I'll let it go this time, beat...but you would do well to heed Stripey's words. He's giving you good advice...and he was too polite to refer to your misspelling of the word "off." :roll:

Think about many things before you come back to make more of your "slash and run" posts....beat.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

beat think? surely you jest... cuz cuz, we've seen far too many of his posts to know that that just isn't the case...

we try to cut him slack but... he's not bright enough to see it... poah ting... poah poah ting having to go through life saddled with all that... well... you know...

angst that the horse he's been betting on these past three years has come in last... yet again...

whatta nag...

Got Glue?

:roll: :twisted: :roll:

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

From that avatar of his, beat's definitely a CHICKEN! AND he's got his feathers in a mighty tight wad because he's been told he has to follow the rules, and he's whining because his original post, the one that started this thread, was moved from the INTRODUCE YOURSELF forum... [smilie=to funny.gif]

Quote:
I just wanted to point out that a society, whether big or small, can be influenced by what media they have available to them.

Any bird with half a brain would know that a discussion about media goes in the MEDIA forum! :laughing5:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:45 pm 
Catherine wrote:
From that avatar of his, beat's definitely a CHICKEN! AND he's got his feathers in a mighty tight wad because he's been told he has to follow the rules, and he's whining because his original post, the one that started this thread, was moved from the INTRODUCE YOURSELF forum... [smilie=to funny.gif]

Quote:
I just wanted to point out that a society, whether big or small, can be influenced by what media they have available to them.

Any bird with half a brain would know that a discussion about media goes in the MEDIA forum! :laughing5:

Once upon a time catherine wrote:
DO NOT POST

1. Personal Attacks and Bigoted Statements that are deliberately insulting, obscene, and/or suggest physical harm to another member or guest of this board. You will have NO warning if it is determined by both mods and administrators that the statements were made with malice. You will be banned.

Ive lost my gumption to show you that you are a hypocrite. I guess Ill stop wasting my time.

:|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:41 pm 
Also, is DO going to be punished or banned for calling people retards?

Just curious...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No insults were rendered, beat...I'm just calling it like it is.

Do you deny that your avatar is a man dressed up in a chicken suit?

Do you deny that the suit contains feathers?

Do you deny that your original post wasn't better suited for the media forum?

What about the guideline below do you not understand?
Quote:
Off-topic posts. These may be moved to a more appropriate thread and/or forum at the discretion of the moderators or the administrators.

I don't really care if your feathery y-fronts are in a wad. I don't really care that they have been since some folks that you don't particularly like at this board are now in a position to make you and your conservative-lite friends adhere to a few reasonable rules. You've not been asked to become a part of this tight, friendly group, and that also sticks in your beak.

That's definitely not going to change....so don't post anymore threats, and don't post anymore squawks. As I said before, heed Stripey's advice. You'll feel better when your y-fronts loosen up.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:44 pm 
Catherine wrote:

What about the guideline below do you not understand?
Quote:
Off-topic posts. These may be moved to a more appropriate thread and/or forum at the discretion of the moderators or the administrators.

Please quote my "complaint" about my post being moved.

Also dont miss my post that I entered at the same time you did 2 spots above this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Where has this thread been moved to anyways?

Edit: Ahh...Its in the media section. I suppose I was speaking of the media. This media here I guess.

I call that a certified beatneck whine.

Quote:
Also, is DO going to be punished or banned for calling people retards?

DO.g's is entitled to his opinion about any of your friends, beat. We all know who they are.

As to your personal complaint about him, what part of the last post in the locked INSULTS thread of the CHIT-CHAT forum do you not understand?

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:14 pm 
Your post has been deleted, beat, because you're ranting about a moderator and the administrator in open forum. That's against the guidelines.

I refer you to the last post I made [url=http://tvnewslies.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6054]HERE.

[/url]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]