It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rather Files $70 Million Lawsuit Against CBS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rather Files $70 Million Lawsuit Against CBS

Quote:
Dan Rather, whose career at CBS News ground to an inglorious end 15 months ago over his role in an unsubstantiated report questioning President Bush’s Vietnam-era National Guard service, filed a $70 million lawsuit this afternoon against the network, its corporate parent and three of his former superiors.

Mr. Rather, 75, asserts that the network violated his contract by giving him insufficient airtime on “60 Minutes” after forcing him to step down as anchor of the “CBS Evening News” in March 2005. He also contends that the network committed fraud by commissioning a “biased” and incomplete investigation of the flawed Guard broadcast and, in the process, “seriously damaged his reputation.” As plaintiffs, the suit names CBS and its chief executive, Leslie Moonves; Viacom and its executive chairman, Sumner Redstone; and Andrew Heyward, the former president of CBS News.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:47 pm 

I hope Dan gets every penny he's asking... Maybe, and I would hope, the suit brings out more information on little "drunken fratboy" military record. And we all know who I referring too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:00 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

I always wondered why he left and why on earth Katie Couric took his spot. That never made sense to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:42 am 

I am with King Fisher. I hope Dan gets everything he is asking for. CBS destroyed his reputation.

It makes perfect sense Mrs. Hoppes. Corporate media does not want the general audience to know anything beyond their propaganda. Rather is a respected journalist--and that does not mix well with propaganda.

In one move, CBS knocked out both Rather and Katie Couric. Clever people, these corporate game players.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:31 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

I was watching the Early Show this morning while getting dressed and discovered a couple of things.

1. A TV that does not get watched very often gets a LOT of dust on it.
2. I wondered what was really going on in the world as I heard about OJ being out on bail and the start of the newest Survivor (which I find ironic that is was in China during all of the recalls) making the headlines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
I was watching the Early Show this morning while getting dressed and discovered a couple of things.

1. A TV that does not get watched very often gets a LOT of dust on it.
2. I wondered what was really going on in the world as I heard about OJ being out on bail and the start of the newest Survivor (which I find ironic that is was in China during all of the recalls) making the headlines.

hmmm...not sure how your comments relate to Dan Rather and his lawsuit against CBS. Of course, when newbies have been here awhile, they soon realize how easily DISTRACTED the msm are when it comes to silliness like OJ and Survivor. Stay tuned!

Perhaps you've not been to this part of our site yet:

http://tvnewslies.org/html/how_to_watch_the_news.html

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dan's RIGHT...! Maybe when the Shrub has gone back to Texas or wherever he plans to hide away from history, there will be a real investigation into his military cowardice.

Dan Rather : 'Somebody's got to take a stand and say democracy cannot survive... with government interference in news'

When Rather appeared on Larry King's program Thursday, King began by showing him a 2005 clip of himself saying, "I'm not a victim of anything except my own shortcomings."

But he added, "Somebody, sometime has got to take a stand and say democracy cannot survive, much less thrive with the level of big corporate and big government interference and intimidation in news."

"I've learned a good deal since that time," said Rather. "It's reported that Sumner Redstone [president of Viacom] ... was described as being enraged that the news division, this story, had cost Viacom and CBS in Washington, and he wanted Dan Rather and everybody connected with it out."

"They sacrificed support for independent journalism for corporate financial gain, and in so doing, I think they undermined a lot at CBS News," he said.

Rather said he still believes the 60 Minutes report was correct. "[CBS] sacrificed support for independent journalism for corporate financial gain," he stated, "and in so doing I think they undermined a lot at CBS News."

"Nobody to this day has shown that these documents were fraudulent," continued Rather, referring to the disputed memos featured in the 60 Minutes story. "Nobody has proved that they were fraudulent, much less a forgery. ... The truth of this story stands up to this day." Rather added that he believed somebody with subpoena power could get to the bottom of the matter pretty quickly.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I watched it. It was a good show. It was also good to have good old Dan talking like a news person is supposed to talk!

He isn't in it for the money. He wants to expose what the news stations are doing. He said he will not settle no matter how much they offer. He wants his day in court.

Now lets just hope nothing happens to him.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:29 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Link: DAN RATHER: TASED AND CONFUSED

The Still-Unreported Story of “Top Gun” George Bush
by Greg Palast
Monday September 24, 2007