It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TVNL EDITOR WONDERS HOW THE MSM CAN BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.tvnewslies.org/blog/]JESSE: How Can Anyone Take “Mainstream” (Establishment) Media Seriously at This Point?
[/url]

As many of you know I have been out of the loop for a little while as I address a heal issue, but I have not been out of the loop when it comes to keeping track of what has been going on (and I have not been out of the loop in keeping the news page up to date! Nor have I been out of the loop when it comes to the exponential decline of the pretend news industry in our nation.

There have been many things to comment on and point out during my downtime, but I have to tell you that every once in a while I catch something that just blows me away when taken in complete context. Now, you see, I see things from a different vantage point than most people. That is why I do what I do. Things that may not be obvious to most people are obvious to me. I am like the kid in the movie “The 6th Sense”; you know the kid who could “see dead people!” I seem to be cursed in that unnoticed outrages seem to pop out of the scene and jab me in the eyes. All I do with my writing and speaking is point these things out. I don’t even go looking for things to point out, they just keep popping up. Only these days there are so many outrageous moments taking place (with the establishment media) that these “pop out and jab me in the eye” moments are starting to make me feel like I am living under a strobe light. I can’t possibly keep up with reporting all of these moments.

Now that being said I hope this little “pop out moment” that I am sharing is not to anti-climactic…but if you really take this in the context of what journalism is journalism, national journalism, it’s importance as a Constitutionally protected entity under our so called democracy, all the important issues that exist, and all that is and is not reported to the American public by our Constitutional sentinel known as the “free press”, and if you include the overwhelming ignorance and stupidity of the general public in this nation, you may just understand why I found this little particular moment noteworthy.

OK, so here it is…as I was doing my duty by monitoring the TV so called news networks during their top of the hour headline runs I found that they all reported, among other things, on the status of Brittany Spears’ child custody. Brittany Spears! We are talking about a celebrity that is pretty much famous for being famous. A nothing. A nobody. Go ahead, name one song that she sung and see if it ends up on some classic music collection in 25 years. We are not talking about John Lennon here. We are talking about a blond chick with a barely passable singing voice and whose contributions to the art of music don’t even match what Rice Crispy treats are to the culinary arts. People who called themselves journalists had no problem reporting this ridicules item as news while the world around us crumbles. Sorry, maybe it’s all the medicine that I am taking but I just don’t understand how everyone around me does not see how ludicrous this is and I just don’t understand how those so called journalists are not embarrassed to death to be doing what they are doing! Think about it! Think about it! Jesse Richard – Editor, TvNewsLIES.org

PERSONAL NOTE UPDATE: For the many people who have written me asking what has been going on…I will be writing a personal blog piece on what I have been going through. I think you will find it interesting and quite informative taking into account all I have learned from the experience.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:13 am 

Quote:
We are talking about a blond chick with a barely passable singing voice and whose contributions to the art of music don’t even match what Rice Crispy treats are to the culinary arts.

Certainly paints a picture, doesn't it.

Yes, we are all gagging at what passes for 'news' now. As if no one cares about what is going on in our country or the world. This has been happening long enough for people to NOT care anymore.

I just don't know what to do about it...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:29 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quantious amounts of booze seems to help. Ask Bush if he's so inclined to take a wee nip now and then to calm the nerves and give things that rosy look again. Medicinal daily healing. Everybodies doing it!

Here dori, have a double pina colada. Soon the booze will do the thinking for you. :) That should clear up the picture. :?

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:07 pm 
[quote=Jesse]I just don’t understand how everyone around me does not see how ludicrous this is and I just don’t understand how those so called journalists are not embarrassed to death to be doing what they are doing! Think about it![/quote]

It's OK, man. The further to the edge they go, the more they'll be blindsided into nonexistence when the time comes.

Peace and an insightful recovery to you . . .