It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JFK anniversary marked at Dallas shooting site
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

JFK anniversary marked at Dallas shooting site

About 500 people crowded Saturday into the plaza where John F. Kennedy was shot 45 years ago, all agreeing it was right to remember a pivotal moment in American history, even if they didn't all believe the official line.

People stood shoulder to shoulder and bowed their heads during a moment of silence at 12:30 p.m. local time. Some hawked JFK memorabilia or pitched conspiracy theories to visitors. Others offered firsthand accounts of their memories of the killing.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: JFK anniversary marked at Dallas shooting site
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

"Pitched conspiracy theories"

Whose words are those?

Speaking of conspiracy. The meeting that ultimately culminated in the creation of the Federal Reserve took place on Nov 22, 2010. So many coincidences. Have you studied Sept 11th historical events?

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://www.john-f-kennedy.net/executiveorder11110.htm

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
The meeting that ultimately culminated in the creation of the Federal Reserve took place on Nov 22, 2010.

:? :?: :? :drunken:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:02 am 

Karnack? (sp?)

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A NEW WRINKLE IN THE JFK ASSASSINATION STORY

(I also posted this article in the BOOK forum).

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

JFK's last autograph nets big bucks at auction

CNN) -- What could be the last autograph signed by President Kennedy was sold recently at an auction of items linked to his assassination in Texas.

Kennedy reportedly signed the front page of the Dallas Morning News, which contained a photo of him and the first lady and a preview of their arrival that day in Dallas.

A Dallas woman handed the president the newspaper and he signed it for her, according to Heritage Auctions, the company that sold the item. The date of his assassination, which came about two hours later, was on the front page of that paper near his signature.

"It's chillingly historic because it documents the day, documents the location and it's certainly one of the last signatures of John Kennedy," Doug Norwine, a director at Heritage Auctions told CNN affiliate KDAF.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The anniversary rolls around again. Time is certainly relentless....I noted that there is much speculation about what Michelle Obama wears wherever she goes, almost as much as there was about what Jackie Kennedy wore. Jackie had a style nobody has been able to surpass, in my opinion, not even Michelle...and definitely not any other FLOTUS.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:03 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Yes, indeed. I remember this day every year myself. And, being a young teenager I recall getting the rest of the day off from school as well. It was just an unbelievable and shocking story at the time. Kennedy was a well liked man and this incident affected many. I remember even Walter Cronkite shedding tears on t.v. while he was covering the story. .. Just read a post comment concerning President Johnson on that fateful day. Was he involved in the plot or not? Was it E.Howard Hunt that fingered him on his death bed or have I got the whole thing wrong? Just asking.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Was he involved in the plot or not?

Some say Johnson was, although I doubt if we'll ever know for sure exactly WHO was involved from "within". I've heard Nixon was, as well as members of the Bush family. :shock: :wink: APL is our resident Kennedy scholar..maybe he'll chime in on this. A few years ago, Scott McClellan's father, Barr McClellan, wrote a book entitled Blood, Money, and Power which accused Johnson of being deeply involved in the assassination.

Quote:
Blood, Money and Power begins as a character sketch of both Johnson and lawyer Edward A. Clark, two men tied together at the hip and united by their lust for power. Each used the other in their quest for influence and wealth that stretched back to Johnson's earliest days -- including an allegedly stolen election in 1948 -- to his surprise announcement that he would not seek a second term as president. According to McClellan, Clark essentially controlled part of the Texas legal system as used it to further Johnson's career. Johnson, in turn, used his power to benefit Clark and the Texas oil industry.

http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/ ... dpower.htm

The link does not support Johnson's involvement, but in the book's defense, are those involved going to actually leave "definite proof" of their involvement, especially if they stood to benefit from Kennedy's murder? I would think not, so because there is very little tangible evidence of Johnson's involvment, what the writer refers to as "real evidence," doesn't bother me too much. Knowing how the Texas good old boy sytem works now much better than I did before Bush, I am not convinced Johnson was not involved, although to the extent McClellan says, I have no idea if that is so!

Johnson did some good things as President, including the war on poverty and getting Medicare passed. BUT he also extended the Vietnam War,.

I often wonder how our world would have been different if Bobby Kennedy had lived to become President. Or even Ted, for that matter.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:25 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Hard to speculate though on the " what ifs " and " what could have beens, " etc. You know, we got we we got and that is all there is. The rest is engaging in fantasy and not much more. You know what I mean, we all have our dreams and these even extend into the political sphere as well. But, unfortunately, or fortunately, whichever side of the political fence you are on, you get what you get.

I am sort of a believer in destiny or fatalism. My general thesis is that you cannot really change the outcome of anything. Sure, you may make something happen as an aspect of personal will and that kind of thing, but how can you prove or disprove that it was not meant to happen? So, actually, the fatalists have the upper hand here for they can also say that whatever was meant to be will be. You simply do not have an argument to counter them with. That is why I accept what happens and what will happen; it can be no other way.

But, it is always nice to dream and to fantasize. Nothing wrong with that at all. I guess the trick to the whole thing is to get other people thinking like you and to express your dreams to them. Maybe then, you will come a little closer to shaping and affecting destiny. But, you know of course that destiny will be there at the end of the line and will be laughing at you. For it will be destiny herself that brought you to that position in the first place. This is the basis of my fatalist philosophy for what it is worth to you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:18 am 

I have several feelings and thoughts on the JFK assassination and following events:

A—There is no doubt in my mind that Lee Harvey Oswald was part of a conspiracy. The weight of the evidence here is undeniable except to the most docile of the sheeple. That the CIA was involved as payback for The Bay of Pigs fiasco seems more than likely. I am still very curious about the whereabouts of H. W. Bush on the day before and the day of the assassination.

B—While LBJ gained the most, he also stood to lose the most if it was ever even hinted he was involved. In all these intervening years if there was even the slightest hint, we would have heard about it, very loudly.

C—Common sense tells us the “Magic Bullet” is just a fantasy dreamed up by the Head Consul of the Warren Commission, the Senate’s newest Democrat, Arlene Specter. For me there remains little doubt there was at last two shooters, likely more. One interesting book I read theorized that when the Secret Service grabbed their weapons in response to the initial gunfire, one of them accidently fired the fatal shot from a trailing car. I only give this credence because of the seventy-year rule on the most sensitive documents, thus preventing recriminations against so-called innocent parties.

D—Bobby being killed was just a damned shame. It was too bad LBJ had already withdrawn since after Bobby’s death, he had the best chance of beating Tricky Dick. If LBJ had served another term, it is unlikely he would have finished, as he died within days of Tricky’s inauguration. Humphrey as a sitting President would have been a formidable opponent for anyone from either side of the aisle.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

47 years,,,,be sure to read expiretheliars' post in Current Events in which he shares his memories of JFK...

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman