It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: A STICKY Thread?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jesse,

I'd like to see a STICKY topic/thread in the most appropriate forum (probably Current Events) that allows us to keep a running total and information about the American soldier deaths occuring in Iraq.

We could start with the present count, which is at or near 1900, and post what information we could find on the ones who have died most recently, especially any photos that might be available from these sites. (I'll look around for sites as I find the time...).

I'd also like to perhaps see some contrasting pictures of Bushco "going on with life" as these young Americans die for George Bush's lies and machinations. (Please see http://tvnewslies.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2071)

A sticky thread such as this might serve as one more wakeup call for lurkers and/or anyone who might still be looking for an excellent reason NOT to support this awful and illegal war.

It might also help the efforts of the 2006 Congressional candidates who oppose the war and George Bush.

Thanks for considering this...

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:24 pm 

It should also include deaths which have occured from injuries after soldiers have left Iraq, the suicide counts, cancers/illnesses which soldiers have aquired after or during the war, etc. All these greatly under reported factors must be included to get a more accurate picture of the death toll. It is not a mere couple thousand soldiers that have died in this war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:10 pm 

I think it also include the amount that have been wounded and survived (amputated limbs, head injuries, etc..). 1,800 dead is too much for this insane war, but when you hear that tens of thousands have been wounded, it gives a more accurate account of the impace of this illegal war.

Eva

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Excellent ideas! AND thank you both for responding with your usual creative thinking. If Jesse approves this idea, we should be able to get it going asap. I know you all will contribute to the thread as you find information.

However, I may not be able to be as involved in this endeavor as I first thought I could when I proposed it. My father had to have emergency surgery Friday night. He's in ICU, expected to recover but it's going to be a long drawn out process.

My almost fulltime attention is going to be taken up with that situation, so I'm sure you all will understand. I'll pop in here when I can, but I won't be around as often as I have been nor as often as I"d like.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Found some details ...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hi all,

Catherine, I've been checking this site every so often, as they seem to keep tabs on American soldier deaths occuring in Iraq and Afghanistan. I can't say it's 100% accurate, as I don't know what the number really is up to this point in time? but anyway, it does have some details and etc. It might give you a starting point? Worth a look I think.

http://cryptome.org/mil-dead-iqw.htm
http://cryptome.org

SI

--

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]