It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One-night stand
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:34 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You really never know.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1136287/One-night-stand-man-wakes-lover-carved-arm.html

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: Re: One-night stand
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:28 am 

I have to agree with the comments. IF this were a man, we would want him in prison for eternity...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:01 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

lefty wrote:
I have to agree with the comments. IF this were a man, we would want him in prison for eternity...

You dont think one count of unlawful wounding is sufficient?

In all seriousness, If it were a man, and it was someones daughter, that man would be fearing for his life no matter where he was.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:31 pm 

Its absurd. We need to have the same moral indignation over things a woman does as a man. She scarred his body for life. That's not "unlawful wounding". Absolutely hypocritical.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I do agree with you that no matter who does something like this to who, the act is reprehensable.......but.....

When I look at something like this, done to a man as is the case here, though I am shoked and disgusted at this act, I do not feel the rage I would feel if it were a man doing it to a woman.

The very reason that I am able to feel empathy is because I love my wife more than my life itself. When I see or read something horrible done to a female, I (most of the time against my will....took me a long time to learn to control it), I imagine what I would feel if instead of that other woman, it was my wife that the horrible things were being done to. I dont know....its hard to explain.

As much as we do not like to admit it, all is not equal. In MOST cases, a woman is not able to compete with a man on a physical basis and MOST of the time, it is the male who is violent..who beats, who maims, who rapes, who kills and who commits atrocitys.

I'm not saying that to be sexist, its just the unfortuate reality that as long as we live in a male dominated, violent world it is the "good" males job to protect the women from the "evil" males.

I can show you 1000 articles where a male does horrible things to a woman, unimaginable things, and those 1000 articles would not even be touching the surface. Very rarely do you see the reverse such as the case in the article above, and many times when the woman does do something, the male actually deserved it. (Example would be a wife who kills her husband after years of abuse).

You are right, I probably should feel the same rage no matter who commits the act....all I can say is I dont. I think that she should go to jail for a long, long time, but my reaction to this versus a similar male/female incident are worlds apart because the male I would kill.

Oddly enough....if it were a child she did this too, her fate would be the same as a mans.

I dont know, probably hard wired into our, (men's) brains due to evolution.

There are certain things that I do not like talking about, especially in cases such as this because I am afraid of offending. The only thing that I can do is try and explain my reasoning to the best of my ability and hope you understand that what I say is not meant to offend.

You are right though....I SHOULD have the same rage no matter what sex the perptrator. Unfortunatly, for now at least, that just is not the case.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:37 pm 

Having personally been subjected to "husband abuse," I can testify it is a lot more common than realized. Calling police is counter productive as most departments are required to make an arrest in domestic violence cases and that arrest is of the husband in more than 99 percent of the cases. Passive non-response escalates into even more abuse. The only thing to be done is escape (leaving) until things can be brought under control. Authorities do handle child abuse and wife abuse with a lot more awareness. It was not until after my wife got her own shrink that this was taken care of.

In a one night stand situation, equal treatment under law should be demanded.

Below are a couple of quick references I found to the reasons of the under reporting of husband abuse.

http://abuse.suite101.com/article.cfm/husband_abuse

http://couples-counselling.suite101.com ... band_abuse

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote