It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dave Ramsay
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:06 pm 

Not sure if ya'll know who he is; he does a financial talk radio show that teaches "finances according to the bible" or something along this line. I mostly listen to this when I really bored in the carpool line. No excuses though, I do listen...anyhow.

Today I was listening for a few minutes and good ole Dave was talking about why its not a good idea to put all of your money into gold because throughout history when a currency goes bust, the economy never turns to the gold standard...then he points to the example of Germany prior to Hitler coming to power. He actually then says something about Hitler being a fascist dictator and then implies that our current president is a fascist dictator. I'm sure how to get a transcript of the show, but I have to say it pissed me off really good. The whole time Bush was in office, he would occasionally say that Bush wasn't making the best decision, but he constantly said that people were wrong to chose anyone over Bush and he constantly talks about the stupid liberals. Anyway, it really pissed me off. So, Barack is a fascist and Bush was a swell guy?

Anyhow, just blabbing, sorry, it really annoyed me.

Post subject: Re: Dave Ramsay
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, those Christians sure know how to pass the hat, taking up LOVE OFFERINGS, BUILDING FUNDS, TITHES, etc.... :lol: I guess the bible tells them so. Wonder if the Arabs and Jews have financial advice coming from their religious guidebooks....and how many times OIL is mentioned! :lol:

I personally wouldn't listen to those pieces of extremist rightwing nutjobs... no matter how bored I happen to get. By the way, don't you get NPR on your radio, lefty? :P

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:06 pm 

Of course, I listen to NPR nearly 24 hours a day. Unfortunately, NPR funding is being cut left and right and at that time period there is now nothing worth listening on. (occasionally classical music, but that makes me sleepy--I know, I'm a heathen). I listen sort of out of awe or something. Not at their coolness but at the utter insanity of it all and how they just blather on about the most amazingly incorrect shit as if it were the GOD'S HONEST TRUTH (hahahaha). I know I'm probably rotting my brain. I was only listening for about 5 mins today and that's what I heard, guess I had good timing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not to worry...I don't think the rightwing extremists are going to "convert" you, lefty. :wink: However, listening to them might eventually cause a bad downside to your health...blood pressure and all that. :twisted:

I not only like the music NPR plays, but I also like a lot of their programs, such as "All Things Considered" and "A Prairie Home Companion."

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:53 am 

I drive my husband crazy with the Prairie Home Companion. I think that I would have loved the times when there were lots of radio shows. Its sort of like reading a book in that you get to make your own pictures up. My son also loves it and we listen most Sundays and just laugh and laugh. Day to Day just went off the air last week. I really liked that show and the last couple of episodes (is that the right word?) were so sad because everyone was sad about the show ending, even the guested were all sad.

Ah, I also love Car Talk! Those dudes can make me laugh and laugh. Plus, they are pretty smart so I learn all kinds of things. Oh man, I love NPR too. A lot of the daily programming is local stuff and not so great.

Oh wow, I could go on and on. I wish more radio was like NPR/MPB.