It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Surely God will get Angry if the World Won't Cash His Checks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://signsofwitness.com/?p=423]Surely God Will Get Angry With the World if it Won’t Cash HIS Checks?
[/url]

A friend sent this story via email. I thought it was better suited for this forum rather than the RELIGION forum. :P

Hobart, Ind. (AP) — Kevin Russell found out it’s not easy trying to cash a check from God. The 21-year-old man was arrested Monday after he tried to cash a check for $50,000 at the Chase Bank in Hobart that was signed “King Savior, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Servant,” Hobart police Detective Jeff White said.

Russell was charged with one count attempted check fraud and one count intimidation, both felonies, and one count resisting law enforcement, a misdemeanor. He could face prison time.

Police were called to the bank after Russell tried to cash the check, which was written on an invalid Bank One check with no imprint, White said. Russell had several other checks with him that were signed the same way but made out in different dollar amounts, including one for $100,000.

Russell struggled with police as they tried to detain him, White said, and then threatened police as they transported him to the Hobart Police Department.

“I’ve heard about God giving out eternal life, but this is the first time I’ve heard of him giving out cash,” White said

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman