A CHECK OF MITT'S LIES...BY NONE OTHER THAN RACHEL MADDOW!Chronicling Mitt's Mendacity, Vol. XXXIX
1. At a speech in Chesapeake, Virginia, Romney boasted, "If I become president ... we finally get America on track to a balanced budget."
No we don't. Romney's plan slashes tax rates (which makes the deficit worse, not better), increases defense and entitlement spending (which makes the deficit worse, not better), and every independent analysis reaches the same conclusion: Romney's numbers don't add up.
2. In the same speech, Romney said Obama only filed "one" action "against China."
That's not even close to being true.
3. In this week's town-hall debate, Romney claimed, "I want to make sure we keep our Pell Grant program growing. We're also going to have our loan program so that people are able to afford school."
We know this isn't true, because he vowed to do the exact opposite in March. What's more, Romney also endorsed Paul Ryan's budget plan, which cuts Pell Grants.
4. Romney also argued, "We have fewer people working today than we had when the president took office."
No matter when we start the clock, there's a net jobs increase under Obama, both overall and in the private sector.
5. Romney added, "If the unemployment rate was 7.8 percent when he took office. It's 7.8 percent now. But if you calculated that unemployment rate taking back the people who dropped out of the workforce, it would be 10.7 percent."
That's ridiculously untrue.
AND IT GOES ON AND ON...AT THE LINK!