It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "JUST POP A LITTLE PROZAC," SAYS BUSH CAMPAIGN WOR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does this sound like the "Let them eat cake!" comment allegedly made by Marie Antoinette prior to her execution during the French Revolution?

Comment was made by a Bush campaign worker about unhappy American workers...here's the link:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... gn_jobs_dc

The Bush bunch hopefully will be eating crow after the November election.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:01 am 

:x Just another prime example of the government pushing drugs on the American people. They have been importing drugs into this country for many years and using Military aircraft to do it. See how well our tax dollars are being spent.

They must not think that the Flouride in our water, the Berium, Berillium, aluminum contained in the Chemtrails, the Aspartame in our food and the CJD or Mad cow in our beef is enough to keep us DUMBED DOWN, theres entirely too many who disagree with the New World Order and they must be crazy to think we'll get put on Prozac or any other drug that isn't completely natural from Herbs.
God put on this earth all the nutrients we could ever need for ANY ailment to be cured. We don't need Pharmacalogical drugs, PERIOD. This is just another ploy to help make the friends of Bush and co. more of their precious money by putting all people on this stuff. I think Bush is just upset that he was forced to take it because he has such a difficult time dealing with reality and the myriad of lies he has told to the American people, without these drugs he gets violent and cannot handle the stress of his position. Well, like they say, "Drugs are for people who can't handle reality".

Post subject: A matter of choice ...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hi,

The thing about prozac is this. You do have a choice. Even though it is just another mind altering drug, it's pushed on people like it's a savoir from mental illness. Don't take me wrong, there are people who do have "a real" chemical imbalance in the brain and may require medications which do help. I don't believe most people have this imbalance and should be able to avoid such products. Doctors are way to eager to give out these type of products. Just because people get down at times, doesn't mean they should run off to the doctor in search of prozac or something like it. They should try other things first, like get hobby, walk, exercise, talk to friends and etc.

Something that makes me mad, is not having a choice. Like MSG in food. When I eat something with msg, I get really bad debilitating headaches. I know other people that do as well. Lots of people get headaches when they eat certain foods with msg. Sometimes you can get away with eating it, if there is only a small amounts of msg in the food product. That certain amount seems to be a trigger for headaches and there can be different amounts in different products. Even different brands. Hotdogs have a lot of MSG and I avoid those. Doctors will offer various treatments for bad headaches, but a person who just starts getting bad headaches all of sudden, should see a doctor and maybe have an MRI. I've had this on going battle with MSG headaches, since the mid-nineties. The treatments doctors will prescribe can be vast and way beyond the scope of this post. If you think that your headaches might be caused by msg, try avoiding it and see if that helps. It is not an easy thing to do though, it's in almost everything. see link below.

MSG
http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

Sir-Irate

Post subject: Sir Irate...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

...and don't eat salad greens that have been sprayed with a preservative! When I'm getting food from a salad bar, I always avoid the lettuce unless I'm assured by the server that it has not been "preserved."

No source or link for this...just personal experience! Some people it doesn't bother, but I'm not one of the lucky ones.

Not a headache... but tummy troubles....OOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Catherine

As to the prozac, I know many people, especially many of my women friends, who take it or something like it to help with mood swings and hot flashes. They swear by it. AND this campaign worker was showing her ignorance about the drug...my doctor says it takes several days for the active ingredient in the Prozac or similar drug to begin to be effective for the symptoms for which it is prescribed, depending on the level of the dosage.

Could the campaign worker have been thinking of the drugs her boss (GWB) is allegedly taking for his mood swings?

Did you read about Bush walking out on reporters in a fit of temper July 8 because they were really digging for answers about his relationship with Ken Lay? I'll find the source and post it.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:48 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Not only in the US:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine/stor ... 93,00.html