It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "It's The Gay Marriage, Stupid!"
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:05 pm 
Deal With It!

Two-Front War: Democrats committed to defending the Constitution of the United States.

Broke-Back War: Republicans committed to defending the institution ... of marriage.

Two-Front War: Democrats fighting terrorism abroad and fascism at home.

Broke-Back War: Republicans fueling terrorism abroad and fascism at home.

more at:

http://www.airfarceone.net/frontvsback.html

Post subject: Re: "It's The Gay Marriage, Stupid!"
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:07 pm 
Deal With It!

I

TWO-FRONT WAR

Defend The Constitution Against All Enemies, Foreign & Domestic

1. Foreign (Fighting Terrorism Abroad)

"We pledge to bring the Iraq War to a responsible end and refocus our efforts on fighting terrorism in places like Afghanistan."

Democratic Party National Platform

"I pleaded that we 'finish the fight with bin Ladin and al Qaeda.' The first step must be getting off the wrong battlefield in Iraq, and taking the fight to the terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan."

Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)

2. Domestic (Fighting Fascism At Home)

"The Bush Administration has treated the Constitution and rule of law with disrespect unparalleled in our nation’s history. The list of this administration’s assaults on the Constitution is breathtaking."

Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI)

"The Constitution of the United States belongs to the American people, not to the Bush administration. It is our responsibility as Senators and Congressmen to stand up and fight for it."

Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT)

II

BROKE-BACK WAR

Defend The Institution Of Marriage ...

"I am pro-life and I believe that marriage should only be between a man and a woman."

Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK)

"Defending marriage is the right thing to do."

Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA)

"I pledge to defend the bond of marriage."

Sen. Sam Brownback (R-KS)

"If Obama gets his way and DOMA is overturned, it would open a Pandora's box for judicial activists to spread same-sex 'marriage' across the nation."

Peter LaBarbera, Americans For Truth

To Recap:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:55 pm 
Deal With It!

BROKE-BACK WAR

Brought To You By The GOP's Culture Warriors, John McCain & Sarah Palin

This week, when John McCain wants to sell himself as a moderate, can you take a moment to ask him why he's marching in lockstep with the radical right? He has publicly embraced the hateful California marriage initiative that would deny marriage rights to committed same-sex couples. In 2006, he appeared in this TV ad for a similar measure in Arizona. He doesn't believe GLBT couples should be able to adopt children.

http://www.hrcactioncenter.org/campaign/mccainmarriage

Palin is a radical right-wing fundamentalist Christian who would love to create a theocracy. She believes we are living in the "end times" which will result in a bloody inferno from which only true Christians will be saved.

As Governor of Alaska, Palin asked her congregation to pray for the natural gas pipeline, which she characterized as "God's will." She thinks the war in Iraq is a "task that is from God." Palin has pushed for creationism to be taught in schools, and she opposes stem cell research.

McCain would also love to inject a heavy dose of Christianity into his administration. A year ago, he declared, "The Constitution established the United States of America as a Christian nation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marjorie- ... 25557.html

"To understand Sarah Palin, you have to realize that she is a religious fundamentalist," said Howard Bess, a retired liberal Baptist minister living in Palmer. "The structure of her understanding of life is no different from a Muslim fundamentalist." Palin's nomination, and the energy she has injected into the GOP, show that, once again, reports of the death of the Christian right have been greatly exaggerated.

Palin--who opposes gay rights, believes abortion should be banned even in cases of rape and incest, and supports the teaching of creationism--wasn't known as a leader in Alaska's religious right, but she clearly had ties to it, and to some of the more extreme fundamentalists in the United States.

Like McCain, Palin appears to believe that the United States is a Christian nation. As governor, she signed a resolution declaring October 21-27 Christian Heritage Week in Alaska, in order to remind Alaskans of "the role Christianity has played in our rich heritage."

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20081013/goldberg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Palin's hypocrisy is so transparent. She's an alleged adulterer and with her behavior during the Repub campaign, she's certainly given me no reason to doubt the stories about her alleged affair that are being talked about increasingly online and in the blog world.

Google palin/hanson and see what comes up...

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:51 pm 
Deal With It!

McCain/Palin and the fundamentalists in Iran and Saudi Arabia

by: Warren Street

Thu Oct 16, 2008

Quote:
Theocrats confuse God's will with their own mortal policies. Just as Muslim fundamentalists believe that God has given them the vast oil and gas resources in their regions, so Palin asks church workers in Alaska to pray for a $30 billion pipeline in the state because "God's will has to get done." Likewise, Palin maintained that her task as governor would be impeded "if the people of Alaska's heart isn't right with God." Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei of Iran expresses much the same sentiment when he says "the only way to attain prosperity and progress is to rely on Islam."

It's all starting to make sense to me now. McCain and Palin are the wet dream that Islamic fundamentalists everywhere have been having for years. They are stymied by the fact that Bush and Cheney cannot rule forever, so they've been praying for the McCain and Palin ticket to win.

Vote Obama and Biden and the terrorists lose.

http://www.theygaveusarepublic.com/show ... iaryId=962

:!:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:23 pm 
Deal With It!

Sarah Palin supports constitutional ban on gay marriage

Oct. 20, 2008
Scott Conroy

“I am, in my own, state, I have voted along with the vast majority of Alaskans who had the opportunity to vote to amend our Constitution defining marriage as between one man and one woman. I wish on a federal level that that's where we would go because I don't support gay marriage,” Palin said.

“I'm not going to be out there judging individuals, sitting in a seat of judgment telling what they can and can't do, should and should not do, but I certainly can express my own opinion here and take actions that I believe would be best for traditional marriage and that's casting my votes and speaking up for traditional marriage that, that instrument that it's the foundation of our society is that strong family and that's based on that traditional definition of marriage, so I do support that.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10/20 ... 1945.shtml

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:47 am 
Deal With It!

North Carolina Republicans send out homophobic mailings against Democratic Senate candidate Kay Hagan.

October 23, 2008

The North Carolina Republican State Executive Committee has sent out homophobic mailers targeting Senate candidate Kay Hagan (D), who is challenging (Republican) Sen. Elizabeth Dole. The mailings warn that Hagan seeks to advance a “radical homosexual agenda” that includes legalizing gay marriage, removing “Under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance, and forcing the Boy Scouts to accept gay and atheist troop leaders.

Yglesias wonders how these priorities represent a “radical homosexual agenda”: “What, exactly, is the gay interest in removing ‘under God’ from the Pledge of Allegiance?”

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/23/nor ... kay-hagan/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:33 pm 
Deal With It!

Sarah Palin: "PRAYER WARRIOR!"

Sarah Palin to Dobson: “I Can Feel the Power of Prayer”
October 22, 2008

Can I get an amen from the chorus? Here’s an Evangelical “ca-ching” moment. Sarah Palin spoke with Focus on the Family Founder James Dobson today on the radio. There was a lot of love in the room flowing both ways.

At one point she says the following:

“It is that intercession that is so needed and so greatly appreciated and I can feel it too Dr. Dobson. I can feel the power of prayer and that strength that is provided through our prayer warriors across this nation and I so appreciate it.”

“Dr. Dobson you have been on the forefront of all of this, on all of this good for so many years and your reward is going to be in Heaven because I know that you take a lot of shots also but please know that on our end as kind of outsiders looking in at what you have accomplished all these years, if it were not for you so many of us would be missing the boat in terms of hearing the message and understanding what it is that we can do to further the cause of life and of ethics in our nation, those things that we should be engaged in. We owe so much to you.”

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/469071.aspx

Where are the media?

I'm tired of the question, "Who is Obama?"

Tell us, "WHO IS SARAH PALIN!"

(Look at these religious zealots she pals around with!)

:!:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:30 pm 
Deal With It!

Christian Right Intensifies Attacks on Obama

Gay marriage in every state! The end of the Boy Scouts!

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: October 25, 2008

Steve Strang, publisher of Charisma magazine, a Pentecostal publication, titled one of his recent weekly e-mails to readers, ''Life As We Know It Will End If Obama is Elected.''

Strang said gay rights and abortion rights would be strengthened in an Obama administration, taxes would rise and ''people who hate Christianity will be emboldened to attack our freedoms.''

Separately, a group called the Christian Anti-Defamation Commission has posted a series of videos on its site and on YouTube called ''7 Reasons Barack Obama is not a Christian.''

Among the claims:

-- A 6-3 liberal majority Supreme Court that results in rulings like one making gay marriage the law of the land and another forcing the Boy Scouts to ''hire homosexual scoutmasters and allow them to sleep in tents with young boys.'' (In the imagined scenario, The Boy Scouts choose to disband rather than obey).

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-C ... tacks.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:45 am 
Deal With It!

Extreme Christianism

Oct. 25, 2008

The NYT has a very helpful piece today on Sarah Palin's theology. Money quote:

Quote:
Critics say the goal of the spiritual warfare movement is to create a theocracy. Bruce Wilson, a researcher for Talk2Action, a Web site that tracks religious groups, said: “One of the imperatives of the movement is to achieve worldly power, including political control. Then you can more effectively drive out the demons. The ultimate goal is to purify the earth.”

This is now a conservative notion: purifying the earth? It's striking to me, after all the legitimate interest in Trinity United and Obama, that Palin's deep and long relationship withe the movement known as "spiritual warfare" has not been more discussed. Jeremiah Wright has had exponentially more air time than Pastor Muthee, and yet Wright is a milque-toast establishmentarian compared to the witchcraft-believing theocrat who has personally blessed Palin and now dominates her home-town church:

Quote:
Ms. Palin has had long associations with religious leaders who practice a particularly assertive and urgent brand of Pentecostalism known as “spiritual warfare.” Its adherents believe that demonic forces can colonize specific geographic areas and individuals, and that “spiritual warriors” must “battle” them to assert God’s control, using prayer and evangelism. The movement’s fixation on demons, its aggressiveness and its leaders’ claims to exalted spiritual authority have troubled even some Pentecostal Christians...

Quote:
Russell P. Spittler, provost emeritus at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, Calif., and an eminent scholar of Pentecostalism, said, “Most Christians would accept the view that there are forces and powers in the world that oppose Christian virtues.” But, Mr. Spittler added, “Spiritual warfare makes a religion of identifying demons by names and ZIP codes.”

Just as troubling as the content of this kind of superstitious Christianism is the McCain-Palin's response to questions about it. The usual, creepy refusal to talk:

Quote:
Ms. Palin declined an interview, and the McCain campaign did not respond to specific questions about her faith. Thus, it is difficult to say with certainty what she believes.

So we have the possibility of a witchcraft-believing, earth-purifying theocrat in the White House and they won't even respond to questions about it. Reassured much?

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/t ... risti.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:55 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The conservatives say:

Adam and Eve
Not Adam and Steve.

Queer, that statement. Last time I checked, Adam and Eve weren't married. They didn't have a wedding. They didn't ask god for one. And Adam was too cheap to even get Eve an engagement ring.

So, is the conservative platform really support for domestic partnerships?

Unlike Adam and Eve, Adam and Steve want to be married. They want the wedding and the ceremony. They want to participate in the institution that has at its roots faith, caring, and ever lasting love.

Adam and Eve just wanted to get their freak on.

Oh, and lest we forget, there's also Amanda and Eve. They've shared the same commitment as Adam and Steve and want to solidify that by honoring a tradition that speaks to the ultimate in commitment.

Unlike Adam and Eve, who god gives a chance to "do the right thing", but instead they'd rather leave Eden and live in sin.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:46 pm 
Deal With It!

Palin & Bush: Broke-Back Warriors

Is Palin the New Bush?
by Mary Shaw
10/26/08

Like Bush, and to the delight of the religious extremists, Palin is anti-choice and anti-science, and supports abstinence-only sex education, which has proven to be a dismal failure. In many ways, they seem like America's answer to the Taliban -- trying to legislate "morality" and stifle all social progress. The last thing we need is a Supreme Court with new justices appointed by a president with this repressive and backward mindset.

Perhaps most frightening is their sense of God-given entitlement. George W. Bush believes that God chose him to lead this nation. Similarly, Sarah Palin seems to believe that God wanted her to be governor of Alaska.

If an ordinary person were to make such claims, they'd be held for psychological examination. But Bush used his perceived hotline to heaven as an excuse to wage war on an unarmed nation. (God wanted him to invade Iraq too, you see.)

And there's no telling what God might instruct a President Palin to do.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Is-Pal ... 6-854.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:25 pm 
Deal With It!

James Dobson: Gay Marriage Our Greatest Threat!

October 27, 2008

Quote:
We've picked bad presidents before, and we've survived as a nation. But we will not survive if we lose the institution of marriage.

Got that? Gutting the Constitution, breaking the military, crashing the economy, and making the world hate us, no biggie. But letting gays get married, that's the end of the world.

Prop 8 won't just stop gays from getting married in California, it'll nullify all existing gay marriages. Because nothing will preserve the sacred institution of marriage like suddenly dissolving a whole bunch of 'em.

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/1048 ... y_garriage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:19 pm 
Deal With It!

OH NO! THE RACE IS OVER.

MCCAIN WILL BE PRESIDENT!

HOW COULD WE HAVE BEEN SO OBTUSE!

:wink:

October 29, 2008

Will the Return of Values Voters Bring Another Election Day Surprise?

by Michael Medved

The most startling factor in the Presidential election of 2004 could deliver an even bigger shock in the battle for the White House in 2008, if the nation witnesses the possible repeat of the decisive impact of “values voters”.

Four years ago, the media largely ignored the significance of moral and family issues until Election Day exit polls revealed their crucial role in the GOP victory. In the same way, seasoned political observers – especially those who consider an Obama victory a foregone conclusion – have ignored the very real chance that social conservatives may bring about a stunning upset on November 4th.

Four years ago, when asked “what mattered most in deciding how you voted for president,” more voters cited “moral values” than any other factor. According to the authoritative Edison-Mitofsky exit poll, 22% named “moral values” compared to 20% indicating “the economy and jobs,” 19% choosing “terrorism,” 15% “Iraq” and a mere 8% citing “health care.”

In fact, a dramatic turnaround in voter sentiment in California (of all places) indicates precisely the sort of mobilization of values voters that could derail the Obama Express on November 4th.

The citizens of the Golden State face a fateful choice in the wake of the State Supreme Court’s controversial 4 to 3 decision to mandate gay marriage. Proposition 8 on the California ballot adds to the State Constitution a provision declaring that “only marriage between a man and a woman is valid and recognized in California.” In one of the most liberal and lopsidedly Democratic states in the union, gay activists felt confident they would defeat this measure by a decisive margin, but recent surveys show an unexpected surge of support for traditional marriage. A Survey USA poll shows a swing of 8 points in the three weeks between September 25th and October 17th, from a 5% margin against the proposition to a 3% margin for it. “Equality for All,” the group leading the fight for homosexual marriage, acknowledged to the Wall Street Journal on October 22nd that their internal polling also showed a shift in voter sentiment toward traditional marriage – with a 4% current lead for the proposition over-ruling the Supreme Court.

In the last days before the election, even voters in deep-blue California (a state the McCain campaign has all-but-abandoned) seem to be rallying against gay marriage – despite Obama and Biden strongly and outspokenly opposing Proposition 8. This should encourage values conservatives to recognize that many (and perhaps most) Americans still care deeply about moral issues.

It’s now crucial for Senator McCain, Governor Palin and their supporters to emphasize those issues.

http://townhall.com/Columnists/MichaelM ... y_surprise

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm 
Deal With It!

Katherine Harris, Sarah Palin Linked To Same Prayer Warfare Network

Sun Nov 02, 2008
By Bruce Wilson

Katherine Harris was then active in the same national Spiritual Warfare network which Sarah Palin has been associated with and may still be a member of ... a global religious movement bent on imposing theocracies around the world and whose top leader, C. Peter Wagner, has decreed to his followers it is God's will that a forcible, massive transfer of wealth, from the 'godless' to members of his movement, take place.

Sarah Palin joined the Wasilla prayer group of C. Peter Wagner apostle Mary Glazier in 1989, Glazier told Wagner and his top New Apostolic Reformation leaders on July 13, 2008. Another Wagner apostle, J. lee Grady, has confirmed Palin knew Glazier and joined Glazier's prayer group. A third Wagner apostle, Jan-Aage Torp, has stated that Palin is currently still in Glazier's prayer group which, in the 1990's became part of C.. Peter Wagner's U.S. Spiritual Warfare Network.

In the conference call, Katherine Harris made the dominionist entreaty and prayer to God that 'Father, once again, once again, we'll rejoice with Your son and bring this nation into alignment with Your government, with Your Kingdom principles and authority.' Harris also cited evangelists who, directly under C. Peter Wagner, constitute the highest level leadership in Wagner's global organizations and networks: Chuck Pierce, Cindy Jacob and Dutch Sheets.

Sarah Palin's association with religious leaders who practice "spiritual warfare" and, as Goodstein accurately detailed,

Quote:
spiritual warfare "adherents believe that demonic forces can colonize specific geographic areas and individuals, and that "spiritual warriors" must "battle" them to assert God's control, using prayer and evangelism. The movement's fixation on demons, its aggressiveness and its leaders' claims to exalted spiritual authority have troubled even some Pentecostal Christians."

Goodstein went on to note that Sarah Palin had (in the summer of 2008) "delivered an enthusiastic graduation speech for a class of young spiritual warriors in June at the Wasilla Assembly of God, the church in which she was raised." Goodstein's story went on to mention that Palin, as Alaska governor, had appointed a spiritual warfare advocate to an Alaska State suicide prevention council, a story first covered by this author.

http://www.talk2action.org/story/2008/1 ... re_Network