It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: "It's The Gay Marriage, Stupid!"
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:57 pm 
Deal With It!

Gingrich: "There is a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us"

By John Amato
Monday Nov 17, 2008 2:00pm

GINGRICH: Look, I think there is a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us, is prepared to use violence, to use harassment. I think it is prepared to use the government if it can get control of it. I think that it is a very dangerous threat to anybody who believes in traditional religion. And I think if you believe in historic Christianity, you have to confront the fact. And, frank -- for that matter, if you believe in the historic version of Islam or the historic version of Judaism, you have to confront the reality that these secular extremists are determined to impose on you acceptance of a series of values that are antithetical, they're the opposite, of what you're taught in Sunday school.

Gingrich thinks gay marriage is a very dangerous threat to traditional religion. Can he tell me how they are dangerous? Just because he doesn't believe in it doesn't mean it will hurt anyone. This is ignorance. The right needs an issue to motivate their base, but this lack of freedom for the gay community actually hurts their lives on a daily basis where as in the religious community it hurts no one. Are they honestly afraid that their kids will go gay or something? I know what James Dobson thinks:

"They want to destroy the institution of marriage. It will destroy marriage. It will destroy the Earth."

That is pure lunacy as we know. All gays want to do is part of that institution and have the same rights as all Americans do.

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/gi ... r-fascism-