It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HELP MINNESOTA DUMP MICHELLE BACHMAN!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If any of you were watching Hardball on MSNBC this evening, you probably saw Minnesota representative Michelle Bachman (R) talking insanely about how liberals were "anti-American" and how journalists should launch "an investigation" into Congressional members to determine if they were "patriotic." (Smell any McCarthyism in the air?)

She also ranted and raved about Obama...of course...the usual Repub talking points ala Palin.

Watch at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbw4pdxVSOg

For more information about Bachman go to DUMP MICHELLE BACHMAN

Quote:
CALL the Bachmann for Congress headquarters (651) 735-7512

I called and got right through. I asked to leave a message with Senator McCarthy.

When she nervously repeated that it was Representative Bachmann's office, I said that I was sorry for the mistake, but could have sworn that I was listening to Joe McCarthy during Bachmann's interview on Hardball.

I then asked her if Bachmann was serious about starting up another Committee on Un-American Activities. Her: "Ummm, how can I help you?"

I reiterated that what I had just heard on Hardball sounded as if Bachmann was trying to repeat one of the ugliest parts of American history, and although I didn't live in her district, Bachmann's anti-American statements had motivated me to donate to her opponent.

Before I hung up, I predicted that her boss had just committed political suicide, and suggested that she (the office staffer) brush up on her resume.

Damn, that felt good
!

Posted by Grayskye at LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: HELP MINNESOTA DUMP MICHELLE BACHMAN!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bachmann Lies, Denies She Ever Called Barack Obama’s Views ‘Anti-American’

After right-wing Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) appeared on MSNBC’s Hardball on Friday and called for a McCarthyite investigation into the “anti-American views” of members of Congress, she has come under a withering storm of criticism. Her opponent — Democrat Elwyn Tinklenberg — has raised $640,000 since Bachmann’s comments.

Bachmann tried to undo the damage. Appearing on WCCO (Minneapolis’ local CBS affiliate), Bachmann denied she ever called Barack Obama’s views “anti-American”:

HOST: You do feel his [Obama’s] views are anti-American?

BACHMANN: I feel his views are concerning. I’m calling on the media to investigate them. I’m not saying that his views are anti-American. That was a misreading of what I said. And so I don’t believe that’s my position. I’m calling on the media to take a look at what his views are.

Watch it:

That’s a lie. Here’s what Bachmann said on Hardball:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: So you believe that Barack Obama may have anti-American views?

BACHMANN: Absolutely. I’m very concerned he may have anti-American views.

Watch it:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:30 am 

Catherine wrote:
Bachmann tried to undo the damage. Appearing on WCCO (Minneapolis’ local CBS affiliate), Bachmann denied she ever called Barack Obama’s views “anti-American”:

HOST: You do feel his [Obama’s] views are anti-American?

BACHMANN: I feel his views are concerning. I’m calling on the media to investigate them. I’m not saying that his views are anti-American. That was a misreading of what I said. And so I don’t believe that’s my position. I’m calling on the media to take a look at what his views are.

Watch it:

That’s a lie. Here’s what Bachmann said on Hardball:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: So you believe that Barack Obama may have anti-American views?

BACHMANN: Absolutely. I’m very concerned he may have anti-American views.

One cannot unring the bell. This lying piece of bigoted scum may just get her just deserts and NOT end up re-elected or starting a new HUAC. She has inadvertently got the media taking a closer look at her own exclusionary and wacko POV.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

She also has helped her opponent raise over half a million bucks since the Hardball interview. :bounce:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Uproar Over Bachmann's Comments "No Longer Partisan," Says Challenger

Responding to the huge number of small donations pouring into her opponent's coffers, Republican Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann told the Politico on Monday that "almost to a one, these are people who never would have considered voting for me if they lived in Minnesota. In fact, most of them have probably never voted for a Republican."

Not so, says her opponent, El Tinklenberg.

"Republicans who have never voted Democratic in their lives are sending me money because those kind of comments [made by Bachmann] are intolerable to them," Tinklenberg told the Huffington Post, adding that many of the donations have come with notes attesting to this fact. "That makes me feel good -- that they're rejecting this across the board. It's no longer a partisan thing, and it shows they're understanding finally we are all Americans, and we all need to come together to move forward and the issues we're facing. ... And it's certainly been reflected in the fundraising."

In the first 72 hours after Bachmann's Friday appearance on MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews -- during which she appeared to suggest that members of Congress should be investigated for "anti-American" sentiment -- Tinklenberg's campaign has received over $800,000 in donations. Adding to the bonanza, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has decided to make a priority out of the race, adding more dollars.

On Monday, Bachmann took to the pages of the Politico to defend her original remarks, decrying the distortions of a liberal "spin machine" that she blames for fanning the flames of the story. (Colin Powell, however, has also blasted her remarks, saying: "we have got to stop this kind of nonsense.")

And what had once looked like a relatively safe seat for the GOP may now be in trouble. Though polling has been sporadic in the sixth district, the DCCC released a poll last week (before Bachmann's comments) that showed Tinklenberg within the margin of error. On Sunday, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune featured a story with the headline "Suddenly, Bachmann race looks different."

Now, Tinklenberg says the momentum has swung even more in his favor. "In regard to her comments, they have been pretty universally and broadly discredited, as they should be. I think everyone has weighed in and understands them for what they are in terms of their divisive nature. ... Colin Powell is not taken to hyperbole. And he read it and he listened to it and he saw it the same way. This questioning of patriotism -- of whether we're anti-American or pro-America -- people heard it for what it was. And she is only backing away now because she has seen what the public's reaction to this has been."

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

"IT'S ALL CHRIS MATTHEW'S FAULT! HE LAID A TRAP FOR ME!"

WHAT A BUNCH OF BUNK..BACHMANN CONTINUES TO LIE!

Bachmann: It’s All Chris Matthews’ Fault! ‘He Laid A Trap, And I Walked Into It

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) is still on the defensive from an appearance last Friday on MSNBC’s Hardball, in which she called for the media to conduct a “penetrating exposé” into anti-American views of members of Congress.

Speaking with the St. Cloud Times on Tuesday, Bachmann said she regretted suggesting that Barack Obama held “anti-American” views. Referencing Chris Matthews by name 12 times in a 6 minute interview, Bachmann portrayed herself as the victim of a clever ploy devised by the MSNBC host:

Chris Matthews laid a trap, and I walked into it. […]

Chris Matthews was using the term over and over, and I should not have used it. […]

This was Chris Matthews. I made a big mistake by going on the show. I never should have. […]

I just didn’t recognize — I never watched the Chris Matthews show before. I should have before I went on. I didn’t recognize that he would lay a trap the way that he did.

Bachmann concluded the interview by circling back to where she began: “I didn’t bring the word choice up. That was Chris Matthews who brought the word choice up. Unfortunately, like I said, I walked into a trap.”

Watch it:

Bachmann, who appears frequently on Fox News, apparently doesn’t understand that journalists on other networks sometimes ask critical questions. The issue isn’t Matthews’ questions; it’s Bachmann’s answers. Here’s key portions from the transcript:

MATTHEWS: So you believe that Barack Obama may have anti- American views.

REP. BACHMANN: Absolutely. I’m very concerned that he may have anti-American views.

[…]

MATTHEWS: What parts of America would you say are anti-American? What parts of this country?

REP. BACHMANN: Well, I would say that people who hold anti- American views. I don’t think it’s geography. I think it’s people who don’t like America, who detest America.

[…]

MATTHEWS: How many do you suspect of your colleagues as being anti-American?

REP. BACHMANN: What I would say — what I would say is that the news media should do a penetrating exposé and take a look. I wish they would. I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out, are they pro-America or anti-America? I think people would love to see an exposé like that.

Bachmann’s biggest disappointment must be that she wishes she hadn’t been so honest about her true feelings.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

If Ms. Bachman was a forum poster, people would be calling her an "attention w|-|0r3".

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rep. Michele Bachmann has no interest in kissing Obama

After a rough year in which she was heavily criticized for calling for McCarthyite investigations into liberal members of Congress, the Hill reports that Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) may be trying to tone down for 2009. However, she has made clear that her lips still aren’t bipartisan. At the 2007 State of the Union address, she famously gripped onto President Bush’s shoulder until he leaned in and gave her a kiss. But when asked if she would also kiss President-elect Obama, she replied, “Will I be sitting in the well? Probably not.”

:lol: Obama must be sighing with real relief that this pig won't be putting lipstick on his cheek.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman