PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 pm 
Deal With It!

http://www.isobamapresident.com

:D

Post subject: Re: Is Obama President?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:08 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Not officially until January 20th, 2009...but yes: Senator Barack Obama is the president of the United States of America.

Golly but it feels great to type that...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I CAN'T STOP SMILING! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'VE BEEN CELEBRATING, TAKING PHOTOS, DRINKING CHAMPAGNE, (NOT TOO MUCH...BUT ENOUGH!), WRITING DOWN ALL THE RESULTS OF THE VARIOUS STATES FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER'S "HISTORICAL" SCRAPBOOK, AND SURFING THE CHANNELS. I GREATLY ENJOYED THE COMMENTS MADE BY RACHEL MADDOW AND CHRIS MATTHEWS ON MSNBC. I LIKED CNN'S GRAPHIC PRESENTATIONS BEST...AND I'M STILL WAITING TO SEE IF MY STATE GOES FOR OBAMA. I EVEN PEEPED IN TO SEE WHAT THE MOOD WAS AT FAUX NOISE...RATHER SOMBER, ESPECIALLY WHILE PORKY PIG (KKKROVE) WAS SPEAKING. I QUICKLY LEFT THAT DARK CORNER AND CAME BACK TO CSPAN AND A FEW OTHER CHANNELS.

ELIZABETH DOLE BIT THE DUST AND WE ALSO HAVE A NEW DEMOCRATIC GOVERNOR IN MY STATE! WOW!

AND NOW, I CAN FLY MY FLAG AGAIN BECAUSE GEORGE W. BUSH HAS BEEN FIRED!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:33 am 

I am with you Catherine. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Sadly, I have no one to celebrate with. My husband is happy, but he's not a nut like me, so he mostly just wishes I would settle down so he can go to sleep. But good lord, I am so excited I just don't know what to do with myself. And his victory speech was beautiful. I recorded it so my little boy can watch it in the morning.

This is truly historic. I honestly thought bush would find some way to declare a state of emergency and stop this. Ah, maybe I'll have to try to quit being so damn cynical for a day or two.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:43 am 

lefty wrote:
This is truly historic. I honestly thought bush would find some way to declare a state of emergency and stop this. Ah, maybe I'll have to try to quit being so damn cynical for a day or two.

These bunch of chicken shits care little but for themselves. Look for some type of blanket pardon from the War Chimp followed by his one-day resignation allowing Darth to pardon him in return. Followed by both leaving the country for Costa Rica or Bahrain.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would have given a lot to have had all of my TVNL buddies with me last night! :mrgreen:

Lefty, my husband is a lot like your husband....seldom lets his emotions show. Fortunately, he's also very patient and tolerant with and of his much more reactionary wife. We had a few friends over, but they went home long before the election was called for Obama. My husband sat up with me until Obama made his acceptance speech, poured more champagne, took our photos, and otherwise enjoyed the evening. But he didn't dance around the room, shed any tears, or pump the air with his fist, shouting YES! HE DID IT! WE did it! He went to bed long before I did because I kept wanting to see how NC was going to be called...so far, it's still "too close."

:bounce:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:28 pm 
Deal With It!

http://www.ismccainpresident.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:55 pm 

The day Bill Clinton was elected, pundits were already calling his a 'failed Presidency'. They are doing it to Obama too.

I hate pundits!

Except Olbermann and Rachel Maddow that is.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Obama isn't even sworn in yet, and the media can't stop talking about 2012! :evil: :roll: I am savoring the present, 2008, thank you very much. To know that we have a young, vibrant, INTELLIGENT new president is wonderful, and something that I was afraid might not ever happen again in America.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:31 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Pay no attention to the pundits. They are shills for corporate cash-suckers. WE know what the truth is:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:49 pm 

Catherine, I too was afraid we would never have a President we could be proud of. I have yet to hear any of my neighbors say a good word about President elect Obama. This county voted McCain. People are leaving the county in droves. I would love to be one of them.

AOM, I never turn TV on before 8 PM now, when Olbermann comes on. We do have a liberal radio station that carries Randi Rhodes, Stephanie Miller, and Bill Press. It only started up this year and what a dream it is to listen to something that doesn't make me angry.

It feels so good to feel good. I wonder why so many people want to take that away? But as you said AOM, shills for corporate media who want to be in total control of the airwaves and they can only do that if Rs control America.

Pathetic losers even when they are in control. And just think of how they are feeling now.

:angel8: :hello1: :headbang: :thumbup: :toothy7: :occasion5: :wav:

That wasn't nice was it... But we have waited in the wilderness so long. The good guys deserve to be happy!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Pathetic losers even when they are in control. And just think of how they are feeling now.

:angel8: :hello1: :headbang: :thumbup: :toothy7: :occasion5: :wav:

That wasn't nice was it... But we have waited in the wilderness so long. The good guys deserve to be happy!

Pathetic losers ESPECIALLY when they are in control! And don't worry about not being nice to the likes of them.

They've done nothing to deserve nice...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:29 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm thrilled that you folks are so happy.

Keep in mind that Obama is inheriting a ship that is listing badly. He will be blamed if it starts taking on water faster than it can be jettisoned.

He may be a brilliant captain but this ship is 5000 yards long and is taking on water at 1 million gallons/hour in my estimation.

I wish him and all of you the very best of luck.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:05 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Purple Tang wrote:
I'm thrilled that you folks are so happy.

Keep in mind that Obama is inheriting a ship that is listing badly. He will be blamed if it starts taking on water faster than it can be jettisoned.

He may be a brilliant captain but this ship is 5000 yards long and is taking on water at 1 million gallons/hour in my estimation.

I wish him and all of you the very best of luck.

You're not far wrong, PT, but your estimation may be a bit on the gloomy side. President-elect is the man for this job; if anyone can prevail in this catastrophic circumstance, I believe that he can. (McCain/Palin would, of course, have been utterly helpless...and would only have made things worse. Sort or like Hoover before FDR was elected.)

You're right that the unclean Republicans are going to try to pin this on Dems; Hannity and Limbaugh are already calling it the "Obama Recession." But they'd FIND something to gripe about even if everything were peachy keen. They are maggots...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:29 pm 

Quote:
You're right that the unclean Republicans are going to try to pin this on Dems; Hannity and Limbaugh are already calling it the "Obama Recession." But they'd FIND something to gripe about even if everything were peachy keen. They are maggots...

Isn't it a sad commentary on America today? All the people who were 'afraid of Obama' before the election and remain in that fear state are Faux News and Limbaugh listeners. I think fear mongers are patron saints around here.

But isn't it sad that people whose total job it is is to strike fear into the hearts of Americans still have an audience?

Do we really wonder why people around the world don't think as highly of the United States as they used to?