It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is Obama President?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Isn't it a sad commentary on America today? All the people who were 'afraid of Obama' before the election and remain in that fear state are Faux News and Limbaugh listeners. I think fear mongers are patron saints around here.

But isn't it sad that people whose total job it is is to strike fear into the hearts of Americans still have an audience?

Do we really wonder why people around the world don't think as highly of the United States as they used to?

Very sad indeed, dori.

First of all, let us clarify the language here. People who claimed to be "afraid of" Senator Obama were using euphemism. They are bigots--either overt or covert, it really makes no difference--and they were giving voice to their racism. To the radical right, supreme exploiters of fear and hatred, this is manna from Heaven. They're going to do their level best over the next four years to whip these closet Klansmen and secret skinheads into stiff peaks of fear over things they claim the new administration is going to do.

They've already begun harping on re-instatement of the Fairness Doctrine...which would effectively muzzle the vitriol-spewing vermin of AM radio. Wanna bet they'll have some vicious things to say about affirmative action? How about welfare...despite the fact that there are now, AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN, more Whites than Blacks on welfare? (Feel free to look it up...)

Already the number of Hate Crimes has spiked...and Obama isn't even sworn in yet! And don't forget the two planned attempts to assassinate him; whether they were serious or not, that's alarming. In lots of ways, this is going to be a mighty ugly four years...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:39 pm 

Angel Of Mercy wrote:
First of all, let us clarify the language here. People who claimed to be "afraid of" Senator Obama were using euphemism. They are bigots--either overt or covert, it really makes no difference--and they were giving voice to their racism. To the radical right, supreme exploiters of fear and hatred, this is manna from Heaven. They're going to do their level best over the next four years to whip these closet Klansmen and secret skinheads into stiff peaks of fear over things they claim the new administration is going to do.

They've already begun harping on re-instatement of the Fairness Doctrine...which would effectively muzzle the vitriol-spewing vermin of AM radio. Wanna bet they'll have some vicious things to say about affirmative action? How about welfare...despite the fact that there are now, AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN, more Whites than Blacks on welfare? (Feel free to look it up...)

Already the number of Hate Crimes has spiked...and Obama isn't even sworn in yet! And don't forget the two planned attempts to assassinate him; whether they were serious or not, that's alarming. In lots of ways, this is going to be a mighty ugly four years...

The most vociferous person I have heard so far is a retired third grade teacher from our school system. Everyone loves her. Everyone except me. She had the most foul mouth of anyone and was proud of it.

No wonder people in this area are so full of hatred.

I stopped listening to TV hate mongers when they began to see Obama was going to win. Yes, immediately they wanted to do his job for him because of course he can't do it right. Not 'right' enough anyway. Just stay in the middle, don't try to pacify those terrible people on the left! Especially don't bring back the Fairness Doctrin. And the election hadn't been held yet.

Our problems are far from over. I just hope the young people who backed Obama continue to follow what is happening and working for a better United States. Rs had their noses thumped but good, and they are screaming for revenge.

Having lived through so many wonderful people being killed by horrible people I am afraid to dream. It only takes one evil person to undo the wonder of a person who works for the betterment of everyone.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was in the presence of a fellow recently who said that we'd definitely dodged a bullet with the McCain/Palin defeat but that he still thought Palin was "hot." I asked him if he'd read a transcript of her interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN. He ( of course) said he had not. I gave him the link and suggested that he read it very carefully and then decide of "hot" had become a synonym for "stupid." He grinned and said he didn't want her for the VP but that he just thought she was good-looking. :roll:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
I was in the presence of a fellow recently who said that we'd definitely dodged a bullet with the McCain/Palin defeat but that he still thought Palin was "hot." I asked him if he'd read a transcript of her interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN. He ( of course) said he had not. I gave him the link and suggested that he read it very carefully and then decide of "hot" had become a synonym for "stupid." He grinned and said he didn't want her for the VP but that he just thought she was good-looking. :roll:

I just wonder if all those rightwing heavy breathers shouldn't get out more. They're obviously deeply repressed--and mighty shallow!--if they think a blithering idiot like that is in any way attractive. Did you see what Rich Lowry said about her? It's positively scary! This guy is supposedly one of their "intelligent" commentators...yet he's a consummate jerk on a very basic level.

Gotta wonder about people like that...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't see anything attractive about Sarah Palin..never did and I don't now. Remember those old silent films where the movie star was a hit until the talkies came along? Many careers went on the skids when star voices were heard for the first time by their adoring fans! But with Palin, there's a trashy aura, and the obvious lack of intellect that is delivered in a screech that reminds me of fingernails scraping a blackboard. And the ACCENT! PUH-LEESE!

Maybe some Rethug base females think Joe the Plumber is hot...hell, some of them may think Palin is hot! :twisted:

44 years old, five kids (or four, but who's counting), and soon to have a grandchild...who knows how many more kids she will have and how many more times she'll be a grandma by 2012...one thing's for sure. Her intellect won't improve. Her voice and diction won't improve. But if the Rethugs want to bank their future on her...I say go for it. :drunken:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:33 pm 

I'll never watch "Singing in the Rain" again without thinking of your post Catherine.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Once again the fate of the Presidency will be left to the Supreme Court. Haven't we been there before? Check it out.

Lawsuits Proliferate Demanding Proof of Obama's Natural-Born Citizenship before Electoral Vote Count

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/nov/08111903.html

SCOTUS To Discuss Obama “Natural Born” Lawsuit

While Democrat activist lawyer Phil Berg, who filed the original “natural born” lawsuit, currently has his case in legal limbo before the US Supreme Court, the Court will hold closed-door hearings on a similar suit filed by New Jersey resident Leo Donofrio.

The hearing will take place on December 5, 2008, ten days prior meeting of the Electoral College............

http://therightperspective.com/wordpress/?p=349

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:54 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
I don't see anything attractive about Sarah Palin..never did and I don't now...But if the Rethugs want to bank their future on her...I say go for it. :drunken:

You are the voice of my innermost heart, Catherine; I cannot add a thing!