It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Liars and Promises
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:33 am 

Cross Posted in PROPAGANDA/DECEPTIVE REPORTING

Liars and Promises

I spent some time with my eighty year old father yesterday. He is retired and spends much of his time watching the cable news channels. I never watch these channels or listen to the talking pinheads on them or conservative talk radio. He made me aware of their new chosen tactic of undermining Obama's presidency even before he takes the oath of office. They are doing this by posing the following question: What promises will Obama try to keep?

Some may think this is an appropriate thing to ask of any president elect. That thought should last for nanoseconds when one considers the source of this question and their agenda. This is the same group of lying jackals that declared Bill Clinton a failure before he was sworn in. They are masters of framing the arguments to suit their intended outcome without discussing anything approaching reality. Their unstated insidious assumption is that Obama will never keep all his promises because they have deemed it impossible or worse yet, they have decided or hope that Obama is just another lying politician. They are at the end of a twenty-eight year period where lying and/or stupidity or both have become the fashionable norm for our president.

The real answer to this question would astound these liars in its simplicity: All of them. Nearly 68 million voters cast their vote for Obama making this assumption, close to 9 million more than his opponent. To put this in historical context, no presidential candidate received 9 million votes in total until Woodrow Wilson was reelected in 1916. Many of those 68 million voters, I among them, felt the promises did not go far enough. We all voted for change including the assumption that the lying and the just plain criminality of the last eight years needed to end.

Our country is deeply divided. The last time we were this deeply divided was during the election cycle of 1860. That resulted in the Civil War, the single seminal event of our country's history. Before that war the United States was referred to with plural references such as "the United States are," since the references are in the singular such as "the United States is." Obama has so far done some astounding things but the one of the most astounding is the idea of appointing Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State. I admit that initially I was against this action but after further thought, I have come to believe this is very Lincoln-like. When Lincoln took office, he formed a cabinet that included many political rivals. This type of action goes back to Obama's choice of Biden as running mate, a former opponent in the primaries.

Our country is in deep economic trouble. The last time we were this deeply in economic trouble was the election cycle of 1932. Many of the programs and regulations that helped dig us out of that crisis have been systematically dismantled over the last twenty-eight years. It is not mere coincidence that we are again on the brink of another Great Depression. My father remembers living through the Great Depression. To quote him, "The bastards have done it again."

Most are suffering because of this division and hardship. Very few are prospering as result of this suffering. Among those that prosper are the liars that are promoting the idea Obama can't possibly succeed. Their vested interested is in seeing Obama fail. They are not the loyal opposition, they are just the opposition. Their loyalties are to their bank accounts and those that fill them. They have convinced far too many to vote against their own best interests with their lies. It is past time to tell them if they can't be loyal to the country, to shut up and go away. The Big Lie has been "Government is the Problem." This must be vanquished to rhetoric Hell, for "a Government of the People, for the People, and by the People," is our singular hope.

Permanent Backlink to Post

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Re: Liars and Promises
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good post, APL...and spot-on!

Bill Clinton wasn't a failure, and the neocons realized that during his first term. They probably were into finalizing and polishing their plans to steal elections, too. They did find Clinton's soft underbelly when they realized he had a penchant for pretty girls and young women, and I have always been convinced that Lewinskygate was a well-organized plot and plant to not only destroy Clinton, but to undermine the Democrats and to advance the "cause" of the Christian rightwing fundies. 9/11 was supposed to cement their hold on the country with all the Bush rhetoric about being with us or against us, and how there were axis of evil out there hell bent to destroy us. Puritans would have been proud! Isolate the country and a theocracy can be better formed. Make Americans suspicious of other Americans and the take-over will be easy. They counted on the "great unwashed" and majority of uninformed voters keeping them in power. What they failed to fathom was the power of the internet and the overall intellect of the American people.

They also didn't count on a brilliant young black man coming along, either, with an actual message of hope and redemption for the American people that wasn't RELIGIOUS, a Harvard-educated law professor who spoke in complete sentences. A smart man who surrounded himself with smart people and who put into place a campaign that ran over the Repubs like a Mach truck.

Obama will keep as many of his promises as he can...I firmly believe that. He's already shown more intelligence in choosing his Cabinet than Bush ever showed in the past eight years. Obama will be a fine president...as long as he never underestimates his enemies...and I don't think he will. Obama has a tremendous mess to clean up, and I am also convinced that we're going to give him time to see what has to be done...and then what can be done in four years. I'm hoping he has eight years in which to try to make a dent in the Bush-neocon disaster and that along the way, he doesn't let anybody forget who it was that caused our economic collapse.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:47 pm 

Quote:
The last time we were this deeply in economic trouble was the election cycle of 1932. Many of the programs and regulations that helped dig us out of that crisis have been systematically dismantled over the last twenty-eight years. It is not mere coincidence that we are again on the brink of another Great Depression.

Great post APL! You have said it all in an understandable way again.

And Catherine, you are so right too.

I stay away from the fear mongers as much as possible. Good thing I have music tapes on hand.

Thank you both for your encouraging posts. They are so right on!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:26 am 
Hear Me Roar!

I hope they come up with a bullet and bomb proof bubble for Obama to be in whenever he is in the public eye. I know security will be tight, but I really don't trust the secret service like I use to.
I too believe the gentleman will full fill every promise he made to the electorate if it is at all possible.
The only real problem I think about is his stance on the New World Order. I asked that question of his staff many times and NEVER got a reply. I fear he has bought into it.
Adolf Hitler tried and failed. I really don't think it will fly with our present and future generation either.
True the Republican party has been working behind the scenes for the total control of the world since the 50's. If Hitler had been as patient and still alive - I feel he indeed would be in complete control today. He was a very intelligent male but he was also crazy and much too impatient for his own good. He defeated himself in the end.
Where we all make a lot of mistakes is we forget the promises made to get our votes and when re-election comes around we have a nasty habit of re-electing the same scum bags that help destroy our country.
I tape the promises and I do review them when a rep comes up for re-election. No one man can make every correction in four years. I am very satisfied with most of Obama's selections. But then again it's impossible to please everybody and I am no exception to the rule.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:17 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://www.john-f-kennedy.net/executiveorder11110.htm

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Liars and Promises-JFK
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:02 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

You've got it PT.
It's amazing the number of people who never realized the end of the Federal Reserve was one of several reasons JFK was killed. He wanted to do the right thing for America.
That's what I fear for Obama.